Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booked 2 rooms but looks like the hotel want to cancel it

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:23am
    Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, so ive booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for a hotel in town. Their online booking is an awful experience and even though it says they provide family rooms that sleep 4 adults I could only put 2 adults into the 4 bedded family rooms (go figure). I rang them up and got nowhere. They didnt seem to care that their online system was broke. She explained that I could book over the phone, 4 people in a family room, and it'd be €80 more than it is onine (though at least 4 people would be booked into it). So I gave up with her and went back to the internet.

I noticed they had a 2 nights stay option when booking rooms (perfect as thats what we want), so I selected a family room under that deal. They were dirt cheap but again only 2 adults could be selected to go into the family room. I ended up booking 2 family rooms online, for 2 nights, €160 cheaper than over the phone, and 2 rooms! (told you their online system is messed up).

Im after missing a call off the hotel, no voicemail or anything, and im wondering what they're wanting. I checked the website, and there are no family rooms available for that night anymore (though I wouldnt expect hotels to have an abundance of family rooms anyways). Im assuming they're ringing to say we dont have 2 family rooms for you, but my question is, if they dont have the rooms I booked, am I entitled to anything off them. They have other rooms in the hotel available for those nights, but they're more expensive than what we booked. Is there anything to stop them from just saying, "nah, we're not giving you rooms at the prices we said we would"?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

From experience of booking family rooms for my wife and kids, family rooms are for 2 adults and 2 kids, there is either a pull out sofa bed or two double beds. Are you a family?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm not sure about legally but family rooms usually wouldn't be suitable for more than 2 adults.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

We've stayed in the family room as 4 adults before, no problem. Also, on the phone they had no problem booking the family room for 4 adults.

They are 4 full single beds, no pull outs etc.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Have you been charged yet?

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

everything_went_better_than_expected.jpg

They rang again. As expected, they didnt have enough of those family rooms. The girl I was talking to today was 100 times better than that one that was working yesterday. I explained how id explained the abnormalities of the website booking to the girl yesterday and she said we could have a room with 4 beds (what we wanted originally) for 30 euro less than what I had booked (2 rooms). She also offered 2 of their better rooms, which have a king size bed each, but the 2nd bed is only a pull out couch thing. She offered that to us for 20 quid less than what I booked yesterday.

We decided on the 4 bedded room, more craic. If id booked the same room on their old online booking system 2-3 weeks ago, itd of cost us €110 more than it is now.

Roll on the 6 nations! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement