Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom extractor fan leaking odour in...

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,

Ive got a problem with the ensuite in my apartment... there is an extractor fan which quite often would seem to transfer the smell of cooking from i am assuming the apartment above down into my bathroom (and then my bedroom). Annoying but nothing more. However this evening its gotten really bad and the odour is practically nauseating! would anyone know if typically there would be any way that i can close a fan off internally before getting someone to look at it? Perhaps a silly question as i cant see how that would be possible from looking at it, but im just keen to do anything i can given its in the bedroom!

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

You can't really do alot with it as is without covering it up with plastic or something similar.

The only option would be to replace it with something like this.
    It opens and closes when switched on and off.
    airflow-icon1.jpg

An electrical wholesaler would probably sell it at a better price. That link was just the first on google. It's also good for keeping heat in as opposed to a draught you sometimes get from regular fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

IM assuming the issue occurs when fan is switched off? If it was happening when fan is on, your fan would be running backwards.

Advertisement