Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken engagement ring

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Quick run down ,bought loved one engagement ring marquise in center and 2 princess on either sides last Jan 2011 in reputable chain store as don't buy diamonds on a regular basis figured best to go there and they'd know best.

Ring was too big had to order new one which we received in march,
    In August partner noticed the center stone was lose so brought it back to have claw tightened thinking she caught it some how, when in the shop assistant pointed out that the claw was fine but the stone at the claw was chipped and that's why it was lose, agreed to send it off for assessment which we were told could take 10-12 weeks as the manufacturer is in Asia.

This was in sept it was end of November by the time they got back to us saying the stone had been WHACKED or given a good smack and nothing could be done but replace the stone for 1,500, we were both shocked as it was only 5 months old and we were both under the impression that diamonds are virtually indestructible and fiance cant remember hurting or hitting her hand.they returned stone and ring separately so it can't be worn and they refused to set it back in because the broken stone could shatter?
    I got onto the general manager and after a bit of haggling got it down to 900 then 600 which I still think is a bit steep.

Has anyone else heard or been through this as its put a sour taste in our mouths and we are supposed to be getting married this year and its another drain financially and emotionally,,been 12 months since we got engaged and fiance has had her ring only 5 of those months, any advise on what to do as I really don't think I should have to pay AGAIN when I paid so much in the first place and ring only few months old.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement