Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing some DIY around the house - need advice on quality of materials

• 24-01-2012 2:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I'm doing a bit of DIY around the house. A stud wall to hide some cables from my TV, a little bit of decking, running some cables etc. Have anybody used this lot? The prices seem pretty good (compared to woodies) and the delivery for the whole lot would be €25. It'll save me a lot of hassle trying to squeez stuff into a Ford Focus.

Just wondering about the quality of materials? Obviosly without seeing the stuff it's hard to gauge how good/bad it is. Anyone got any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I've never heard of these guys before- prices generally look ok, but if you are buying a substantial amount of materials you could ask local builder's providers to price it and if the order is sufficient delivery charge may be waived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

Prices being favourable to Woodies isn't a surprise. As jack of all says, price from your local builders providers. You could try Woodworkers for the decking/timber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Make out your list and head to your local builder's providers. He'll tot it up and tell you how much. Then ask him for the best he can do. That's the way it works with a decent size load.

Advertisement