Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Reg number will i get?

• 24-01-2012 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

The Log book finally came for my cortina last week so will be VRT'ing in asap

Just wondering is there anyway of finding out how many numbers are already issued, or what is roughly next in line with the new system being jumped up?

I'm in Cavan so already know the ZV with be around 19-20000

Would 79-CN-XXXXX be up at the same area, or is there a different system in place for that?

So is tehre anyway I can find out what was the most recently registered number, or will it be pot luck rocking up at the NCT centre on the day.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Ask on the day.

My guess is ZV19802 (they missed out 19728-19800) or 79-CN-6001. (the "big number" start for Cavan)

Let us know what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

macplaxton wrote: »
    Ask on the day.

My guess is ZV19802 (they missed out 19728-19800) or 79-CN-6001. (the "big number" start for Cavan)

Let us know what you get.

I say i'll go for 79 cn,

Would have liked ZV 1979#

Thanks for the Info!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

shineon23 wrote: »
    What reg number will I get?
    A stupid one, not at all historically correct...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭salysol

shineon23 wrote: »
    The Log book finally came for my cortina last week so will be VRT'ing in asap

Just wondering is there anyway of finding out how many numbers are already issued, or what is roughly next in line with the new system being jumped up?

I'm in Cavan so already know the ZV with be around 19-20000

Would 79-CN-XXXXX be up at the same area, or is there a different system in place for that?

So is tehre anyway I can find out what was the most recently registered number, or will it be pot luck rocking up at the NCT centre on the day.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    are you aware that you can buy a reg ? provided it is available.
    for example zv 1600 /79 cn 1600.
    not sure how much but i think the last time i asked it was €350.00 .
    food for thought ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

its a grand now....and Im not sure they will iussue them anymore given the objective of the new system to ID imports.

• Advertisement

salysol wrote: »
    are you aware that you can buy a reg ? provided it is available.
    for example zv 1600 /79 cn 1600.
    not sure how much but i think the last time i asked it was €350.00 .
    food for thought ?

This is only for new registrations on new cars. It will cost €1000 to do so, but there's really no point anymore unless you desperately want a particular registration.
    What exactly did you enquire about salysol?

This is only for new registrations on new cars. It will cost €1000 to do so, but there's really no point anymore unless you desperately want a particular registration.
    What exactly did you enquire about salysol?
    I'm nearly sure it's still €350 for a vintage reg,different rate for new cars,might be worth looking into ?.
    iI had an old Zundapp 250 the year was 1957,so i asked in the VRT office if it was possible to pick a reg, i was told no problem if it's available it will cost €350 as far as i know it's the same.
    The reg i wanted was 57 WX 250,it wasn't available so ironically i ended up with if i can remember,57 WX 257

I'm nearly sure it's still €350 for a vintage reg,different rate for new cars,might be worth looking into ?.
    iI had an old Zundapp 250 the year was 1957,so i asked in the VRT office if it was possible to pick a reg, i was told no problem if it's available it will cost €350 as far as i know it's the same.
    The reg i wanted was 57 WX 250,it wasn't available so ironically i ended up with if i can remember,57 WX 257

I'm not so sure because as far as I know 57 WX would have only been around the 57WX35 mark pre 5/12/11? It wouldn't have reached anywhere near the 250 mark?

Salysol, Think carefully back to the time you asked. It may have been further back in time than you first thought.

The price was €315, but it went up to €1000 on 7th October 2008. The price is set by Statutory Instrument, the last being S.I. No. 396 of 2008
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND TAXATION (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS 2008

The price to reserve a registration was the same regardless of whether or not the vehicle was vintage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

I'm not so sure because as far as I know 57 WX would have only been around the 57WX35 mark pre 5/12/11? It wouldn't have reached anywhere near the 250 mark?

Could be someone else made a similar request and had already requested the reg 57 wx 250???

• Advertisement

without contradicting you carchaeologist, the reg i got was definately 57wx 2++ can't honestly remember the last 2 digets.
    it's so long ago it's hard to remember.

Salysol, Think carefully back to the time you asked. It may have been further back in time than you first thought.

The price was €315, but it went up to €1000 on 7th October 2008. The price is set by Statutory Instrument, the last being S.I. No. 396 of 2008
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND TAXATION (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS 2008

The price to reserve a registration was the same regardless of whether or not the vehicle was vintage.
    You are spot on MAC it was €315 ,wasn't aware it went up that much,very little point in requesting a reg ,unless you could get a period reg

source wrote: »
    Could be someone else made a similar request and had already requested the reg 57 wx 250???
    no the reg was available,but i wasn't that hungry for it.just asked thinking with it being vintage they would issue it at no cost,i thought wrong

without contradicting you carchaeologist, the reg i got was definately 57wx 2++ can't honestly remember the last 2 digets.
    it's so long ago it's hard to remember.

Interesting stuff! :)

Interesting stuff! :)
    just realised your Datsun logo.

do you know what model this is ?

porsche924006-2.jpg
    porsche924004-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GL scrappy

The price was €315, but it went up to €1000 on 7th October 2008.

I imported my car on the 19th of october 08, was planning on getting a nice low number, sickened when yerwan at the counter told me it was a grand.
    I wonder did they put the price up thinking they'd make more revenue from it? Or was it done to discourage it?

just realised your Datsun logo.

do you know what model this is ?
    Im beaten by that! Looks more Toyota than Datsun?

Im beaten by that! Looks more Toyota than Datsun?

What's up with you? :pac: It's a Datsun 1200 Coupe

b110c.jpg

What's up with you? :pac: It's a Datsun 1200 Coupe

Can't win em all! I don't think I've ever come across one?

Advertisement