Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14 Garda cars, 4 Garda vans, multiple special branch and a Garda helicopter

Options
  • 24-01-2012 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

All chasing 3 lads in a micra....

What did they ****ing do!

Chase ended down the road from me.

I am in finglas, so seeing a Garda car or two isnt uncommon, but an entire squadron!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

circos wrote: »

I am in finglas, so seeing a Garda car or two isnt uncommon, but an entire squadron!

That kind of response sounds like they fucked with (assaulted, drove over etc) a garda. *Complete speculation on my part*

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

strobe wrote: »
    That kind of response sounds like they fucked with (assaulted, drove over etc) a garda. *Complete speculation on my part*

It was going on for a while. Thy stupidly chose my estate to come into.

One way in one way out, they got cornered.

Nearly smacked into my wall too. Mad stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Spotted the helicopter alright, a couple of people talking about it on twitter as well. I wonder what the eejits did to get half the gardai in Dublin after them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Moved?

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭quietriot

I am in finglas, so seeing a Garda car or two isnt uncommon

Understatement of 2012 so far?:D

When Peter Griffin asked a genie for a personal theme song, he got this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN9GAApDpsw
    When Finglas asked a genie for a personal theme song, it got this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A7HoAjNwC8

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

sounds like they either injured a Garda or there wanted for something...or the Gardai in finglas were having a particularly quiet night:D, must ask the bf if he heard anything hes down towards the village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

The only logical conclusion I can come to is that they had all the drugs in Ireland with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 MacAttack84

can i just ask whereabouts did everyone see this?

they went flying past my apartment block in rathgar at about 11.. have never seen anything like that before..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think Garda cars deliberately keep a "safe distance" from the suspects in order not to scare them and have them putting their and members of the publics lives in danger. They can all pounce at once when the guys in the vehicle decamp. No source for this but from watching Road Wars etc that seems to be the UK strategy so presumeably the same here! Heard very low flying chopper last night in Ranelagh here so that was possibly it MacAttack84

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I seen that aswel last night, crazy stuff. I actually thought I seen 2 cars been chased at one point. The amount of cops in pursuit was unreal, it couldn't have just been joy-riders for that amount of cops IMO. Id love to know what the story is...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I heard the chopper in Ranelagh last night too and a shotload of sirens. Heard there was a bomb found in the area.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

We are near Glasnevin Cemetery and the noise of it woke me up for an extended period of time, and I've slept through thunder storms. Incredibly strange. Would have expected to see something in the news. Would be great to know more if anyone has details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

can i just ask whereabouts did everyone see this?

they went flying past my apartment block in rathgar at about 11.. have never seen anything like that before..

Bomb in Ranelagh last night with the bomb squad. Sounds like it was a viable device also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Bomb in Ranelagh last night with the bomb squad. Sounds like it was a viable device also.

I doubt it was the same guys cause the chase would have been going for 2 and a half hours! Not impossible i suppose but unlikely. However, something that serious would warrant a the amount of cops involved in the chase.

Itching to know more....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I doubt it was the same guys cause the chase would have been going for 2 and a half hours! Not impossible i suppose but unlikely. However, something that serious would warrant a the amount of cops involved in the chase.

Itching to know more....:confused:

Dont think related. My response was to someone saying they heard the chopper in Rathgar. I would imagine that was related to the bomb. More likely anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Moved from After Hours.

You shouldn't have bothered.

Thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement