Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you look for in a girl/guy?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

as a non homo i go for girls, heres what I look for:

Music-Has to like proper music, not metallica and bull**** like that. Girl I know hates Chris Brown, what 19 year old girl hates Chris Brown :mad:

Sports-Can like sports but can't stand lad girls, who go to leinster matches and drink more pints of heino than your average lad could.

Interests-Cannot be an idiot, but also can't be some brainiac(unless there smart in a good way) but brainiacs normally have no personality, and don't like music i like.

hair-anything

body-fit

importantly she has to be CUTE, i prefer cute over hot, cute is easier to like.

so thats me what about you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Right, so you're a straight male? You're phrasing makes this post so much more confusing than it should be.

Personally, as a 17 year old female. I wouldn't be a fan on Chris Browns music, I couldn't say i hate him because i don't know him. (although certain things he has done makes me not a fan of him, yadda yadda old news) And music is a personal choice, no need to calling certain music BS.

I love watching Sports, although I'm shíte at playing so It be a bonus if someone i was interesting in liked watching sport too.

If they are Einsteins smarter cousin, fair play! If not ah well. As long as a person can hold a decent conversation and have similar interest but have their own individual interests, that's cool too.

Looks wise, obviously you need to be attracted to someone but honestly I'd rather be with someone with a wonky nose, kind decent funny personality than a really hot person with a personality of a wooden spoon.

In reality, what you want in a partner is probably too much of high expectation.

My ideal partner? Good sense of humour is a must, doesn't take things too seriously, has a good undertstanding of common sense, has ambition and not just want to sit around all day doing nothing. I'd be more worried about someone putting up with me than vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I think I'm pretty chuffed with anyone who actually wants me. It sounds kind of silly but isn't that something worth being happy about?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I'm not sure i have a definitive set of rules like yours that I use when it comes to choosing someone I like. Usually just let it happen and in the end its your personality that really defines your relationships. Dont let yourself miss out on something good just because there's a particular aspect you think you won't like about someone. Get to know them first. Maybe you'll even find it endearing in time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A pulse? :pac:
    Really thought its a bad idea to set yourself limits. Youd be amazed the amount of actual fun people you normally wouldnt go for that could be the best people youd ever meet.

For the moment though the task is to find anyone
    >_>
    Anyone at all
    <_<
    Aw

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Harry Styles

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

emma-roberts-02.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

deise_girl wrote: »
    Harry Styles

/thread

I'm a big one direction fan as well!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That glint of something special when you look into her eyes.

That glint of something special when you look into her eyes.

Fear?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fear?

Whatever gets you going, dude! :pac:

Beautiful eyes every time though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Girl I know hates Chris Brown, what 19 year old girl hates Chris Brown :mad:

One who doesn't like getting beat up by men springs to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Music-Has to like proper music, not metallica and bull**** like that. Girl I know hates Chris Brown, what 19 year old girl hates Chris Brown :mad:

Sports-Can like sports but can't stand lad girls, who go to leinster matches and drink more pints of heino than your average lad could.

Right so Chris Brown is 'proper' music while Metallica is bull****. While I hate metal music I find that statement hilarious. When you order a Heineken do you say Heino? Please say no...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Right so Chris Brown is 'proper' music while Metallica is bull****. While I hate metal music I find that statement hilarious. When you order a Heineken do you say Heino? Please say no...

It's ok, he likes bieber too.
    What's proper music anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Somebody I can get along with. I mean, she can have big bewbs, or... nice hair, or something, till the cows come home. But if she's mean, I'm not going to enjoy spending time with her. Obviously looks still count. But personality first.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    It's ok, he likes bieber too.
    What's proper music anyway?

This

\m/-_-\m/ \m/-_-\m/ \m/-_-\m/ \m/-_-\m/

Useless Trivia: Jim Carreys favourite band and had a cameo in Ace Ventura Pet Detective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I don't say heino in real life, mayb as a joke. I know you might be like what is he on about about the music part but something like that would annoy me. A girl whose mad indy or rock just isn't me.

I don't say heino in real life, mayb as a joke. I know you might be like what is he on about about the music part but something like that would annoy me. A girl whose mad indy or rock just isn't me.

Most girls wouldn't be into a 100% Belieber either tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I've never really tried to set rules on what I look for in a girl. But; you can spout nonsense about personality over looks all day, but when it comes down to it, I want someone who I won't keep thinking "well at least she's interesting" every time I see her next to another girl.

Music thing totally doesn't bother me, would be quite weird to find a girl with the same music taste as me since it's not exactly generic. (Ho ho ho hipster moment.)

Religion. I'm strictly fundamentally atheist. Not really going to go into detail on this and risk offending anybody, but; I just couldn't be in a relationship with somebody religious.

To sum it up -- Has to look good and be able to think for herself, I don't want someone who agrees on everything just for the sake of it. And for the love of god she needs to be up for banter. At all times. (And sandwiches, don't forget sandwiches.)

This thread made me think I should really marry my girlfriend. I'm never going to be able to bluff my way into a situation like this again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

1BnHq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

I like women who are smarter than me and really, better people in every way. Y'know, keeping my options open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I look for a girl who isn't fake, smart, funny and that we get on well together. Nothing much really.

PS We definitely had a thread like this before..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Decent looking, prefer blondes if I'm gonna be honest, hopefully intelligent, easy to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

To be honest I mostly want an attractive* girl at present as shallow as that is. Obviously her personality is a big factor but I don't really have too specific criteria for that. I would suppose it's better that she be more 'pleasant' than sarcastic. Things like taste in music or interests don't particularly matter. I don't particularly mind ditziness either.

That said it mostly comes down to attraction tricking me into thinking I like somebody with a personality I normally couldn't bear.

*Big boobs, nice waist, light-coloured hair, cute face, between 5'3-5'7 are basically ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

So long as she can laugh and have a conversation with it I don't mind. Liking sport would be good too. And lets be honest, everyone loves an accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Bitta brains, not shallow, grand for the chat. Doesnt act stupid. Doesnt have ridiculous opinions, but actually has opinions.
    Not bothered if they have an interest in sport or do. But it would be nice if they read!
    Nice-ish face, and I like teh boobs (I mean better big then small :o). Also, eyes that arent tiny, and not too short or too thin.

Personality comes first, but you must still have a level of attraction to someone. Ive regularly found myself attracted to girls my friends arent at all interested in, and vice versa. Their personality can just light them up.
    Eh, I dont mind ditziness as long as their IQ isnt actually 75.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Don't really think I have a type, although my track record would suggest that I prefer funny and borderline obnoxious people. As shallow as it is, I could never date anyone shorter than me.. I'm 5'11" though, so that sorta narrows the available pool of people.

I could NEVER be with someone shorter than me. But at 5'1 I don't think I'll have that problem.

I could NEVER be with someone shorter than me. But at 5'1 I don't think I'll have that problem.

Shorter then you = these guys
    220px-Munchkins-film.jpg
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Shorter then you = these guys
    220px-Munchkins-film.jpg
    :pac:

One on the far right isn't bad. :pac:

Advertisement