Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shires Equi Boots

• 24-01-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Has anyone ever used these boots and if so how did you find them?

Cheers!
    Pshires-equi-boot.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

those are poultice boots I think? Is that what you want them for?

If you want boots for riding in, I think there are far better options out there

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

fits wrote: »
    those are poultice boots I think? Is that what you want them for?

If you want boots for riding in, I think there are far better options out there

Hi Fits
    I need boot to ride in. I just need them for short periods i.e. when loose a shoe. These Equi boots are seemingly used to ride!

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

If its for a short period then that might be ok, but as far as I know, you get what you pay for with boots like that.

I have heard good reports of these but have no personal experience of them. They can be got in UK.
    http://www.easycareinc.com/our_boots/easyboot_glove/Easyboot_glove.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Ok according to the Shires Catalogue these are the "original Equi-Boot in use for 30 years. For roadwork, medication, snow and everyday riding. Sizes Medium, Large, Hunter, Extra Large"

The RRP on these is €25.99 and should be available in almost any tack shop in the country as shires have accounts with everyone!!! You probably wont find anyone who stocks them but it should only take a couple of days for your local shop to get them in. Page 217 of the catalogue by the way!!!

Regards,

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

Yes I can get them alright but wondering if anyone has anything good to say about them or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Karen in the shop has used them and said there fine. There not as good as the Boa ones in the states but they are expensive and hard to get.

Eoghan

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mystika121

I wouldn't recommend them. I used them on a thin soled thoroughbred and found them difficult to fit, can rub the back of the heel and will fall off very easily and that's just when using them to cover the foot if he lost a shoe.

I had bought them to ride in (walk only while the sole hardened up) but they fell off so easily whilst just leading the horse that I felt they would be far too dangerous to ride in as they may cause the horse to trip.

Advertisement