Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Am Alive

• 24-01-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭

1st off, I was fully sure there was already a thread for this but boards search didn't find it. Anyway, Ubi announced this will be released on March 7th for XBLA and shortly after for PSN.
    Hey Survivors, I Am Alive will be available for download on XBox Live Arcade for 1200 MSP onMarch 7th, 2012!!

When I first heard about this, it sounded class, then it sounded crap but now it's sounding class again. Latest vid looks good. Anyone gonna pick this up? is 1200 MSP about 15 quid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

Looks good!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just hope the shooting sections are kept to a minimum. Would be much better to have to escape from fights rather than wade in slaughtering everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Seanie06

Good point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Right, I am really really worried about this. It rinds me of that latest zombie game with a small girl. Annie it was called?

It turned Out pure rubbish and alot of people had huge expectations.

These 15eu games are really hit and miss now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ya I was looking forward to Amy but it was absolutely panned. Even the devs came forward saying they made the game to hard and suggesting players to play on easy mode for a more enjoyable experience.

This could be awful but looks okay since it seems to be keeping with the whol survival theme and not run and gunning. Will def wait for reviews before a purchase tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

First Trailer From E3 2008:

There was another trailer showing gunplay and using the bow but i cant find it. Looked excellent...

EDIT: Found it:

Encounters Trailer:
    See sheehys post :P

Since that 1st trailer, they scrapped that it was an earthquake that caused the disastor. Here is a trailer showing him with the bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I really hope this game is good. It looks interesting but it'll depend what it does different from other post-apocalypic games. DLC takes forever to go on sale so I'll pick it up close to release date if reviews are good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That launch trailer makes it look too similar to other games. I'l wait for the reviews I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i read about that a few years ago, if its the same type of game it was back then it's gonna be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i just hope no one from capcom ran in to the studio, then shouted out: "MORE ACTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON, MORE BARREL ROLLS FROM WINDOWS!!!!". then runs out with foam in its mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah I really want a slow deliberate depressing walk through the future. And please dont turn into the wild west why does post apocalyptic games go back to the old west (not galway by the way :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

It certainly looks to be creating the correct feel around the game, relevant to the events taking place.

Things like happening upon a group of hostile survivors is interesting, builds a feel of paranoia, and let you decide how to deal with the situation.

Makes a change of just gunning down everybody you see or them trying to gun you down.

By the look of it so far I will be picking it up. It's making all the right noises for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

This looks excellent, any chance of it coming to PC

Crosáidí wrote: »
    This looks excellent, any chance of it coming to PC

I think your answer is here:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1213362p1.html

Good ol' article as to how devs get pissed off by making games only to have people get it off ****** bay (not sure if I can put there name here so i will star it out)
    the game's creative director Stanislas Mettra told Inc Gamers "We've heard loud and clear that PC gamers are bitching about there being no version for them. But are these people just making noise just because there's no version or because it's a game they actually want to play? Would they buy it if we made it?"

New trailer showing the platforming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Was reading that the climbing sections make you think as climbing drains your stamina and eventually your health should stamina run out. So no aimless hopping about the place like Assassins Creed!

Good interview with UBI about the game on The Gaming Liberty

http://thegamingliberty.com/index.php/2012/02/14/tgl-interview-ubisofts-stanislas-mettra-talks-i-am-alive/

The retries sound great as it will stop you from just running into any situation or mindlessy jumping from one ledge to the next. Looking forward to this release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just wondering is there a demo for this on xbl?

• Advertisement

Reviews hitting the net, here are 2 Irish ones, actually sounding like a purchase!....when it eventually comes to PSN.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/i-am-alive-review/

http://clickonline.com/games/review--i-am-alive/7348/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

So this is out today, anyone on xbox getting it? Strange it has no definite date for PSN, are they waiting to see what sales are like on XBLA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After reading those reviews, I'm definitely going to give it a go.... sounds great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jayus, I've downloaded bigger demo's! Apparently it is approx 6 hours in length. Really wish PSN would get a release date, mad to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Jayus, I've downloaded bigger demo's!
    I assume you mean smaller :D

I'm hearing mixed things, that it has some really cool concepts, but is missing a lot of polish. I don't mean that in terms of visuals.
    Odd things like
    • Enemies have infinite ammo, but there'll only 1 bullet in the gun whenever you pick it up
    • Choosing a previous chapter will erase your ability to select any later chapter you've already played

• Registered Users Posts: 15 evanbrau

I assume you mean smaller :D

I'm hearing mixed things, that it has some really cool concepts, but is missing a lot of polish. I don't mean that in terms of visuals.
    Odd things like
    • Enemies have infinite ammo, but there'll only 1 bullet in the gun whenever you pick it up
    • Choosing a previous chapter will erase your ability to select any later chapter you've already played

If you try to go back a chapter it does warn you pretty plainly that it's going to erase your progress from any point after that chapter. I just think that due to the fast nature of giantbomb's videos Brad might have missed that.
    As for the gun thing, enemy bullets do so much damage that it is basically a non-issue since you will be dead or close to it after one hit. Always, always prioritise the guys with guns and once they are down get to their bodies before one of the other goons since they will always drop ammo. Treat combat like a puzzle rather than an action sequence.
    For clarities sake - I wrote the review for the Player. Game is good but definitely quite old-fashioned which is going to turn people off.

No I meant bigger. ME 3 demo was like 1.7 or 8 gb's if I remember correctly.

Crap that ai have infinite bullets but I spose the game only wants you to have 1 bullet for different scenarios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

evanbrau wrote: »
    If you try to go back a chapter it does warn you pretty plainly that it's going to erase your progress from any point after that chapter. I just think that due to the fast nature of giantbomb's videos Brad might have missed that.
    It's not the warning I have issue it, it's that it happens at all. That strikes me as unpolished.

Advertisement