Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Am Alive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sounds like it has to do with the size of it. I take it you can only have one save file on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Hmm to buy or not to buy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmm to buy or not to buy....

Playing the demo at the minute and have to say it's 90% convinced me.

The 10% doubt is me not wanting to drop 1200 points on it :D

It has a feel of silent hill/alan wake in some ways, I was expecting it to play like those too, it does to a point but thankfully the controls and character are no where near as clunky !!!!! Climbing and running are very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

One moment that stuck with me long after i finished the game was a un-scripted moment. I was on the look out for a can of food that i needed for a mission. I spotted one but there was a man standing in the way. I didn't want a fight, he didn't want a fight. I tried my hardest to just move slowly around him but every step i took he got more panicky, until he got so terrified he leapt at me. I had no time to think and stabbed him. I was left genuinely disturbed by the whole event, it all happened so quickly. For one of the rare occasions in gaming i felt genuine remorse for my actions.

He didn't come looking for trouble, it was my fault for trying to get the can of food but i never meant to hurt him either. I know he is just a pile of pixels but it had an impact on me.

This is why the game is so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

One moment that stuck with me long after i finished the game was a un-scripted moment. I was on the look out for a can of food that i needed for a mission. I spotted one but there was a man standing in the way. I didn't want a fight, he didn't want a fight. I tried my hardest to just move slowly around him but every step i took he got more panicky, until he got so terrified he leapt at me. I had no time to think and stabbed him. I was left genuinely disturbed by the whole event, it all happened so quickly. For one of the rare occasions in gaming i felt genuine remorse for my actions.

He didn't come looking for trouble, it was my fault for trying to get the can of food but i never meant to hurt him either. I know he is just a pile of pixels but it had an impact on me.

tumblr_lnvvueuSsj1qcj56b.png?1318394475

:pac:

Didn't get a great result here.

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2012/03/07/i-am-alive-review/?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

chin_grin wrote: »
    Didn't get a great result here.
    Bunch of review scores if people need that sort of thing
    NeoGAF wrote:
    Destructoid - 8.5/10
    IGN - 4.5/10
    Gamespot Review - 8/10
    EuroGamer - 8/10
    OXM UK - 7/10
    Edge - 7/10
    Gameinformer - 8.5
    Guardian - 5/5
    Videogamer Review - 7/10
    thesixthaxis - 4/10
    Electronictheatre - 80%
    GamingExcellence - 9.0/10
    ComputerAndVideogames - 6.9/10
    Bone-Idle - 9/10
    MondoBox (Italy) - 8.7/10
    DigitalSpy - 4/5
    BeefJack - 9/10
    SavingContent - 80%
    TheControllerOnline - 9/10
    StrategyInformer - 9/10
    NowGamer - 4/10
    NewGameNetwork - 76/100
    MashThoseButtons - 3.4/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

What's price is this?

What's price is this?

1200 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

1200 points
    Any announcement on price when it comes to PSN/PC?

I would expect around the 11.99 mark or what ever 1200 points translates to.

• Advertisement

Any announcement on price when it comes to PSN/PC?

I just asked them this on their facebook, along with a load of other people looking for the same info.

Are there parts where you are leading a girl around? If so, do these sections work well? Babysitting sections are usually crap.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just asked them this on their facebook, along with a load of other people looking for the same info.

Are there parts where you are leading a girl around? If so, do these sections work well? Babysitting sections are usually crap.

She is strapped to your back so little more than a back pack. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

gonna get this when i get home! roll on 6 o clock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,711 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only other games that've had this effect on me so far were Shadow of the Colossus & Deus Ex, IIRC.

Will try the demo ASAP.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only other games that've had this effect on me so far were Shadow of the Colossus & Deus Ex, IIRC.

Will try the demo ASAP.

I am a big softy though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I am a big softy though :D

I feel your pain.
    When I found the first medical kit and came across the Mother & her Son I just walked on by. However just before you turn out of that ally she asks "Are you going to get help?" and I had to turn back and help :)

She is strapped to your back so little more than a back pack. :D

I thought you were joking and thinking haha but it would be genius if the actually did this. I just looked up a lets play vid and sure enough, there he is running around with a child tied to his back!!!

f*cking genius UBI!!!!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I thought you were joking and thinking haha but it would be genius if the actually did this. I just looked up a lets play vid and sure enough, there he is running around with a child tied to his back!!!

f*cking genius UBI!!!!

Imagine how dumb i felt when i was spinning around wondering where she went before spotting her on my back :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Imagine how dumb i felt when i was spinning around wondering where she went before spotting her on my back :D

I lol'd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ign gave this a terrible review... is it worth 1200 points and are ign full of ****?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

ign gave this a terrible review... is it worth 1200 points and are ign full of ****?
    Obviously Ubisoft didn't pay IGN enough for the review! :rolleyes:

Anyways i'm glad the game is out but i'm gonna wait until it goes down in price!

ign full of ****?

sounds spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Or, Greg Miller is a good reviewer, and he just didn't like the game :confused: doesn't mean he's full of ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Harsh enough review alright. Having played the demo, I think I'd give it a 7.
    Loved the confrontation side of things - pointing an empty gun at people hoping that they'll go away. Makes a change from the cover/shoot/cover/shoot mechanics that we're used to.

I'll wait for it to drop to 800 or 600 in a sale - I'll pick it up then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

IGN really hated this game. I know they tend to dirtsheet sensationalise everything (either it's amazingly fantastic, or a crime against mankind) but i'd imagine that it's still roughly in the same ballpark; Fared better on GT but still below average. Attack the review, not disparage the source. Like is there anything he said that's flat out not true? I generally only pick up games that different sites/people I respect say are great. I definitely won't pick it up until it's on sale if at all :( Shame.

On a side note, a game called Deadlight is coming out for the XBLA and looks to be very similar in premise except it's 2D Prince of Persia mechanics. Might just hold out for that.

I've read way too many awful awful reviews on IGN to ever trust them again. Even when they sound right about a game, they still have a way of sounding condescending and obnoxious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

I think IGN treated this game pretty harshly because of the 6 year wait. They shoudl never have released that teaser trailer 6 years ago in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Giruilla wrote: »
    I think IGN treated this game pretty harshly because of the 6 year wait. They shoudl never have released that teaser trailer 6 years ago in fairness!
    The launch trailer was ridiculously different from the final product! I was amazed when I saw new trailer a few months back, I thought it was another Assassin's Creed game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

It's kicking me in the shins, reminding me of it's existence. i still played through that amy crap so my threshold is deep - will check out some walkthrough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

jaykhunter wrote: »
    IGN really hated this game. I know they tend to dirtsheet sensationalise everything (either it's amazingly fantastic, or a crime against mankind) but i'd imagine that it's still roughly in the same ballpark; Fared better on GT but still below average. Attack the review, not disparage the source. Like is there anything he said that's flat out not true? I generally only pick up games that different sites/people I respect say are great. I definitely won't pick it up until it's on sale if at all :( Shame.

On a side note, a game called Deadlight is coming out for the XBLA and looks to be very similar in premise except it's 2D Prince of Persia mechanics. Might just hold out for that.
    How is a 7 below average? below average would be a 4.5 this game is fantastic (so far) my heart is thumping im constantly worried im going to bump into people and its making me think what would I do in this situation how I would act without the use of a little good guy bad guy bar I have to fill up.

Advertisement