Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with ipod touch after cracked screen was repaired

• 24-01-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

can anyone please give advice with an issue I have regarding getting ipod touch cracked screen repaired, basically I left i pod in to one those shops that repairs broken screens on 15th Dec last, was told call back in a week its now been 6 weeks later with excuses after excuses, went in fri 20th jan the guy had new screen on but was not secured in place he could not get i pod to switch on it had a white screen only, he asked my daughter (its her ipod) did she have a password on it and she had so because he couldnt get the screen working he asked her could he wipe ipod cause it was the only way he could by pass password she told him yes, so called back yest 23rd to collect screen was fixed but the ipod wont stay on it keeps switching off he told my daughter that it needed a good charging paid him 70 euro for screen and took ipod home, but ipod still switching off i am so angry can any one give me any advice ive paid 70 euro for the screen to be fixed and now the bloody thing wont stay on , not a happy bunny and neither is my daughter:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

A couple of questions:
    Are you sure it is the same ipod you got back that you dropped in - have you checked the serial number? If you still have the packaging from your ipod you can check that with the one on the ipod (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1459)

How often does it turn off, is it every few minutes or every few hours? Is the ipod shutting down or is it just that the screen is going off?

When it turns off does the white circular spinner show up on the screen or does it just shut down without the spinner?

I would suggest going back to the shop and getting them to fix the issue - you paid €70 to get a screen replaced and there is now another issue - I appreciate that it is difficult to prove that the problem was not there beforehand but it should not take more than 1 hour to replace a broken screen not over 1 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 candywoman

Thanks for reply Barty, A friend of my brother law checked this morning for me he rang apple direct and yes it is my daughters but when he looked at the replaced screen for me he said it was very badly done u could see like shadow from your finger marks on the screen when touched which he says should not happen, regarding the switching off it was like switching off almost straight away when switched on I went back to shop this afternoon told man that i was not happy ive told him to fix it properly or replace it, he says he will try and that if he cant fix it he will replace it with second hand one, so with that to think bout i dont know what to do would i be mad to except a second hand one?

The shop should be able to fix it for you - I'm not sure what your rights would be if they don't, you could ask for your money back but then you would have to take it somewhere else to get fixed and may end up paying more. How old is your daughter's ipod? If you were to take a second hand one test it out fully make sure it works properly (play music, videos, use apps, check that speakers, screen, lock button are all working etc) before accepting it. There are several companies offering to replace broken screens on Apple products - the quality of the replacement screen and the quality of the work vary greatly from place to place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 candywoman

Thanks again Barty for reply
    My gut feeling is that he done damage to it himself and wont admit it after all 6 weeks he gave me excuses as to why it was not ready the ipod was bought Dec 2010 I really dunno what to do about accepting the replacement, am I better off just asking for my 70 euro back and buy my daughter a new one i can get the same one for 192 euro new

Either try and get your money back and put that towards a new one or get him to fix it. I guess it comes down to the guy you're dealing with, he told you that it needed a "good charging" which you now know was not the case. Have you gone back to the shop to speak to the guy about it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement