Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to fit and supply wall sockets...

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi All,

just wondering if someone can tell me how much could I expect to pay an electrician to install some extra wall sockets around the house. I'm looking to install 2 single sockets in a bedroom on separate walls. Also, want to get a couple of front door lights fitted. What would be a ball park figure for a job like that?

Regards.
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

lalorm wrote: »
    Hi All,

just wondering if someone can tell me how much could I expect to pay an electrician to install some extra wall sockets around the house. I'm looking to install 2 single sockets in a bedroom on separate walls. Also, want to get a couple of front door lights fitted. What would be a ball park figure for a job like that?

Regards.
    M.

It will depend on the lots of things such as the existing wiring in the house, where you want the sockets, is there sockets on the other side of the wall? what are the wall's made off? Do you want the wires chased into concrete?

Get double sockets fitted, don't bother getting singles, it should cost pretty much the same either way.

Last year I put in two double sockets for a friend, was one of the handiest jobs ever, was near the fuse board, they were in different rooms, but practically back to back, the floor boards were already loose. Took a little over an hour tops. The same job to fit 2 sockets in another house could of taken half a day.

If you want a random number €150 should cover it, but it might be much more depending on the set up and what's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭lalorm

The wiring should be ok since the house isn't that old and the walls are stud partitions so no concrete to get through. There is a socket close to one of them on the same wall, while the other point doesn't have any power close by so I guess that would be more work alright.

Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement