Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House prices in Limerick

• 24-01-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

From the Examiner today

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 08:20 AM

A study of house prices in 325 English speaking cities throughout the world shows prices in Ireland are now back within reach of workers.

The Demographia International Housing Affordability Survey found housing in Waterford to be the most affordable followed by Galway, Cork, Dublin and finally Limerick.

The definition of affordable is that houses cost around three times the annual income of people living in the city.

This makes Dublin more affordable than Limerick, despite higher prices in the capital.

I spent over a year looking for a house here and had the same impression. Prices in Limerick were and still are relatively high (I bought 5 months ago). My own opinion is that there is percentage wise less good housing in Limerick than other cities (I would not buy anything thats been built over tha last 10 years), and maybe the lower volume/competition help keep the prices high.

Thoughts?

Advertisement