Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod screen replacment

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

My daughter cracked her ipod screen before christmas.The ipod was working fine. She left it into a shop to be repaired in November @ a cost of €70. Week after week, the owner said that he had the wrong screen and was waiting for the right screen to come in.
    My wife finally collected it yesterday with the guy saying if it keeps switching off, to take it back.
    It does keep switching off. When connected to itunes, it sits in recovery mode. when we try to set the restore,it switches off each time.Has he tried jail breaking someone's ipod.
    We eventually got a bit further on itunes to see someone else's log in username appear for a moment.
    Have we any comeback on the shop to replace the ipod or pay the cost of a replacement. The daughter is going mental because of having no music.
    Any help would be most welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You might be able to get a second repair or a refund for the faulty repair, but I wouldn't expect to get anything more than that. On the other hand, you were told that there was a chance it may not work correctly and left the store accepting that.

Advertisement