Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billing Issue

Options
  • 24-01-2012 12:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Just want to run this past you good folk of Consumer Issues…

I bought a Meteor sim back in November to avail of an offer they had/have on, and for no reason specifically I never got around to activating it until yesterday, in the mean time I was using my regular meteor number.

I checked my account online and discovered that they’ve been billing me for this sim since the day I bought it in November. Someone in another thread said they did the same to him and they told him that he should only have been billed from the date of activation.

I emailed them this morning and they told me I should be billed from the date of purchase, which is strange, as I bought the sim online on a Friday which means at least a 3 day wait for the thing to arrive in the first place, but they’re telling me I should be paying for those 3 days without even the possibility of a service.

Anyway, thoughts? I’ve checked their T&C’s and can’t really find anything on when billing should commence.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Oh and if it makes a difference, I'm not on a 12 month contract, the sim is part of a monthly rolling contract, I can cancel at anytime giving 30 days notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Oh and if it makes a difference, I'm not on a 12 month contract, the sim is part of a monthly rolling contract, I can cancel at anytime giving 30 days notice.
    You signed up to the service in November and the service was provided but you chose not to avail of it till now? The sim was activated before being sent to you so was available for calls etc to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Agree with foggy, though they should refund the difference of the 3 days to get the SIM to you. They have done this for others who have pushed for it.

Advertisement