Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A record?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭

Dropped a shotgun license application into my local Garda station last Tuesday night. FO wasn't there and he never called me back. Grant notice letter arrived in todays post!:D:D:D

Is 6 days including a weekend a record?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Nit quite the quickest but notnfar off! Fair play lad well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

One of the lads here dropped his forms in on a monday, got the grant letter on wednesday,went to the post office straight away and the licence arrived on friday! I was in getting a few cartridges when he walked in with the licence on the friday evening and nearly had to give CPR to the rfd:D he never saw anything like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

So the system does actually work well.....sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭beretta391

yea we notice that too, i got my 2 rifles in 6 days and friend got his last week and only toke that lenght.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Handed in the forms for new rifle last Monday, had the licence and all by Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

I hope i have that luck with mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sonofthegun

the system works fine i find the problem is with our local super he is a nightmare even a transfer of licence from one shotgun to another he will make you wait the full 12 weeks then grant it f***king drives me up the wall
    the man is just anti firearm :confused:
    sotg

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭marcp

i had a meeting with the super at 3 o clock last friday, letter came in the post this morning at 10 ha ha happy days

thats 4 days including the weekend,

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

Your all making me sick, 3 months 2 weeks for the first rifle, the day i collected the rifle i bought a shotgun, so far i'm waiting 3 weeks and i'm already post watching :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Hunter21 wrote: »
    Handed in the forms for new rifle last Monday, had the licence and all by Friday.

fast turn around for our local, i thought fo was off though.. what did you buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭RICHIE.39

Rub it in....applied for rifle licence last November and still waiting! :'( Numerous phonecalls later and finally told two weeks ago today that "sorry I've had them on my desk and am only getting to them tonight...you should have your cert in one to two weeks!!" Guess what? Im still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Having been granted my latest license and having sent off the form with the fee, I have now received a letter to tell me that my application has been received and will be processed within 3 months!!!! Crossed wires somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

The feckers made me wait the full three months for my licence :(

I guess it all depends on your super.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

Looks like I'll be waiting a while then as I only left in mine two weeks ago and have not got any word as of yet.

Advertisement