Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB bill for a property I no longer own

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I sold a farm last year and as part of the sale agreement I had to get a new ESB connection.This I did dealing with ESB networks and a contractor etc and the sale closed.THat was last September and in DEcember I got an overdue bill from ESB electric.THis was the first communication I had from ESB electric.An ESB account had been set up in my name and I was never informed of this.I called ESB and they cancelled the account but still said I was liable for the outstanding balance.I am still receiving letters for the overdue amount from last Sept.Can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi WMB7575,

Is there somebody willing to take responsibility for the supply from September onwards, when the sale was made? We wouldn't be able to transfer liability for any outstanding amounts without this in place (see our Ts&Cs, point 6b specifically, for further info).

If you send me the following details by PM (please CC my colleagues too if you can), I can look into this further for you:
    • Your full name and the address/MPRN of the property
    • Your contact number and date of birth for account security
    Thanks,

David.

Advertisement