Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Any quotes for steers this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

dryan wrote: »
    Any quotes for steers this week?

3.80 say Slaney.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Will are you related to David Mcwilliams or what? You've been predicting doom and gloom here the whole spring.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

3.8 over 360 kg, 3.9 under 360kg

blue5000 wrote: »
    Will are you related to David Mcwilliams or what? You've been predicting doom and gloom here the whole spring.

Winter is coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Willfarman wrote: »
    Winter is coming...

You mean it's already landed! They are taking the piss with their prices. at least 30c dearer this wk last yr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I just wonder have they done the same deal as last year have they guaranteed a price of above 4/kg to some finishers to keep cattle coming for the next few weeks.

Slava Ukrainii

I just wonder have they done the same deal as last year have they guaranteed a price of above 4/kg to some finishers to keep cattle coming for the next few weeks.

Don't ya know well they have. That's why the mart won't die a death for another month. Once feedlots/bigger finishing farms stocked for autumn finishing are almost full I can see another 100-150 drop per head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

o/p cows back to €3 .Any forward cows are on fire in the mart ,does not make much sense.Good cows out of parlour only making €350/400.Lads in the know reckon there will be a bounce in cows in august

• Advertisement

cute geoge wrote: »
    o/p cows back to €3 .Any forward cows are on fire in the mart ,does not make much sense.Good cows out of parlour only making €350/400.Lads in the know reckon there will be a bounce in cows in august

IMO at some stage there will be a bounce back in cattle for 4-8 weeks. But it will be very limited. Numbers of cattle will be tight at some stage this year between when 2014 cattle end and 2015 cattle come on stream. AS well I think there will be no overhang of older cattle at end of year.

Slava Ukrainii

IMO at some stage there will be a bounce back in cattle for 4-8 weeks. But it will be very limited. Numbers of cattle will be tight at some stage this year between when 2014 cattle end and 2015 cattle come on stream. AS well I think there will be no overhang of older cattle at end of year.

Like the dead cat bounce??

I agree the overhang of older steers is probably a lot smaller, but as charolais says a weight limit of 360 dw is going to change things. Not much of a margin there to cover the costs of wintering a suckler cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Really!:eek:
    I sold three Fr cull cows in the mart a month ago.
    E1240.
    E1230.
    E1320. that one was 840kg.
    Bought by a factory agent.

Sterling took another pull today. What will
    Larry and his minions do tomorrow?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

Sterling took another pull today. What will
    Larry and his minions do tomorrow?!

3 85 base for Monday morning
    Sent 12 away there now 3.90 base for blks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Where are these cows for €350/€400? Must be jerseys cos anything that money around these parts would only be dirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

simx wrote: »
    Where are these cows for €350/€400? Must be jerseys cos anything that money around these parts would only be dirt

all the marts down in kerry will be filled up with these ,these would be 550 kg with a bag and no flesh .How would they be worth much more with the outlook but as i said the short store cow is mad money

all the marts down in kerry will be filled up with these ,these would be 550 kg with a bag and no flesh .How would they be worth much more with the outlook but as i said the short store cow is mad money

Let's go simx You fill the Lorry and I'll fill the trailer

You will have tp squeeze in between Tom and Paud and they will be driving anything you bid on to east coast prices. If you go today I think Tom might be on holidays so you would only have Paud to worry about:D

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

i wouldnt be so fast lads , sold two cows in a kerry mart last week and while trade was back it wasnt awful bad. did see a cow make 320 alright. short keep too as she'd be dead within the week

3:95 base for bullocks today, midlands.

• Advertisement

dryan wrote: »
    3:95 base for bullocks today, midlands.

For cattle killed today or for next week? Euro farm?

For cattle killed today or for next week? Euro farm?

yes, Killed today.
    Euro, yes....

Heard 3.85 for blks next week, a 5c cut from last week. But also heard that numbers are tighter than last week. So I'm not expecting a price drop

On a side note heard that a farm near slaney is crawling with dept. men possibly about angeldust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Heard 3.85 for blks next week, a 5c cut from last week. But also heard that numbers are tighter than last week. So I'm not expecting a price drop

On a side note heard that a farm near slaney is crawling with dept. men possibly about angeldust
    How could that happen? sure angel dust is only found in the bandit counties around the border :cool:

whelan2 wrote: »
    How could that happen? sure angel dust is only found in the bandit counties around the border :cool:

Easy now Whelan! There has been lives lost over such comments!!😊

whelan2 wrote: »

Ah some poor down on his luck farmer now so desperate to feed his starving children and after been led astray by a devil from the north I'd say...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Nah was in castleisland before and thought they weren't hectic cows more br fr cows around here, smallish bellyish cows making enough for what they were and any decent ones making enough too, whole ring of men to buy

Anyone killing bullocks this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭larthehar

Anyone killing bullocks this week?

3.90 base down our way, heifers 4. Not selling anything..
    Anyone any idea on the kill volume for last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Could pull a load together this weekend if price was acceptable but being told €3.90/kg..... not deemed acceptable. Then was told they could be 3.80 next week but might stretch to 3.85.

Decided we have plenty of grass (too much in fact) and we'll hold them, they can be gaining weight cheaply and the factory can go elsewhere for the next couple of weeks

• Advertisement

What are r grade cows going

Could pull a load together this weekend if price was acceptable but being told €3.90/kg..... not deemed acceptable. Then was told they could be 3.80 next week but might stretch to 3.85.

Decided we have plenty of grass (too much in fact) and we'll hold them, they can be gaining weight cheaply and the factory can go elsewhere for the next couple of weeks

Hard to know what they'll do. Boss man has two hex that are getting thick fat here.

Hard to know what they'll do. Boss man has two hex that are getting thick fat here.

If they were getting too fat, I'd sell now. Because 2 more weeks will just put them so fat that the factory will cut you to sh1t anyway. Take the 4 euro if you can get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

395 and 385 is best I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

2 load bullocks going this week..3.90 base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Quoted 3.85. If I have a load 3.90. Only for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

locha wrote: »

how many cattle are in a load?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

locha wrote: »

So they're paying more if you can give them extra cattle.
    What's the justification for dropping the price?
    If there was ever a time to dig the heels in, it's now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

So they're paying more if you can give them extra cattle.
    What's the justification for dropping the price?
    If there was ever a time to dig the heels in, it's now.

Can't see to many digging their heels in waiting for better prices as the price can just as easy keep heading south as north.
    Prices here are nearly on par with British cattle now and considering there was a €300-€350 gap a year or so ago I think they will not increase here any time soon.

If they were getting too fat, I'd sell now. Because 2 more weeks will just put them so fat that the factory will cut you to sh1t anyway. Take the 4 euro if you can get it

They should be gone since early June. Set in his ways. Wont change him at this stage 😊. Last week of the 30 months beef farmer!

Does anyone have any price for bullocks and heifers for next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Kill back this week slightly, are lads holding out or are they getting scarce?

Is this the pull before the slight rise?

Kill back this week slightly, are lads holding out or are they getting scarce?

Is this the pull before the slight rise?

Hopefully a nice rise. Knockon effect in marts with stock back 150 per head.

3.90 steers

• Advertisement

3.90 steers
    Where is this available?

Where is this available?

Abp. forward booked next week

Is there any simple way of getting the bonus for AA and Hereford cattle? Can they just be booked straight into the factory to get it or do You have to be part of one of the schemes?
    I only have about 10 of each so joining that AA scheme where You must kill 40 a year is not an option.

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Is there any simple way of getting the bonus for AA and Hereford cattle? Can they just be booked straight into the factory to get it or do You have to be part of one of the schemes?
    I only have about 10 of each so joining that AA scheme where You must kill 40 a year is not an option.

Have to be signed up. One factory I go to (dawn group) angus bulls get a sticker as they go into the cold room, no bonus for me though either, has to be steers to get the bonus.

I think if you breed them yourself the number is lower than 40 per year?

blue5000 wrote: »
    Have to be signed up. One factory I go to (dawn group) angus bulls get a sticker as they go into the cold room, no bonus for me though either, has to be steers to get the bonus.

I think if you breed them yourself the number is lower than 40 per year?
    There are a couple of groups are they? Any suggestions on who to contact to register?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement