Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭jfh

Do you keep them as bulls blue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

I send aa hex to dawn charleville mostly
    no fee no sign up needed
    No charge for hex but they stop 5euro a head charge on the aa at bottom of cheque dont no why
    Got. A 20 cents bonus for the first few in june 15cents for the for the last ones and told now
    Base 3.80 and 10 cents for hex/aax for this week told him i take 3.85 and .15 if he wanted them but will have to sell next week a few going overage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

jfh wrote: »
    Do you keep them as bulls blue?
    Yes, 10% more efficiency of bulls I reckon pays better than the scheme bonus for steers.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭jfh

blue5000 wrote: »
    Yes, 10% more efficiency of bulls I reckon pays better than the scheme bonus for steers.

Makes sense. Thanks

What are r grade cows going

got quoted 3.15 for R, had a heavy O+4- got 3.00/kg this week. P 2.85

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Any quotes for steers this week lads ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I have a 7yo PBR Rocky Limousin bull that I am hoping to factory, Nothing wrong apart from wanting to change to a bull with higher maternal traits. He is ~1tonne of muscle!
    I'm in Galway, 2 questions:

What's he worth
    Where is the best place to go with him.

Don't send much to the factory apart from the odd cull cow.

Thanks, Mac

Probably ashbourne meats roscrea. Or DD, someone might have a bull gone lame etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

If sending him to a factory get a proper quote for him rather than dropping him in. If going to the mart have an idea of what sort of quote you will get. Depending on how well fleshed he is he will kill 53-58%

Weigh multiplied by % multiplied by factory price will give you an idea of his value.

1040kgs X 0.55% X 2.7 = 1544 euro

If you can borrow a scales you can weigh him at home except take 30-50kgs off for gut fill.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

ashbourne meats give 5c bonus for lim bulls with cert if U/E grades

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Any better than 380 & 390 to be got out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

That's exactly what I'm getting, sent a load off today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I have a 7yo PBR Rocky Limousin bull that I am hoping to factory, Nothing wrong apart from wanting to change to a bull with higher maternal traits. He is ~1tonne of muscle!
    I'm in Galway, 2 questions:
    What's he worth
    Where is the best place to go with him.
    Don't send much to the factory apart from the odd cull cow.

Thanks, Mac

According to the Limousin Website, Ashbourne are giving €2.85/kg for U grade with Lim ped cert.
    So 1000kg x 57% x2.85 = €1625

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Sorry only photo I managed to get my phone died. She is not fat but in good condition.

mJoU5C0l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

jimini0 wrote: »
    Sorry only photo I managed to get my phone died. She is not fat but in good condition.

Looks like well fleshed cow to me that would be fine for factory - certainly not sick looking anyway. Maybe Kovu or one of other mods might be able to link this over to the Beef Price Tracker thread to get some advice from the experts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Anyone with cow price?
    Iv a 3yo cow, u 3 possibly 4 near 900kg
    Would I be better mart or kill her my self?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭kk.man

jimini0 wrote: »

mJoU5C0l.jpg
    There's more left in her to finish but you would get away with killing her now...if she has been getting meal for the last while all the better for kill out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Just back from carnaross anyone with well fleshed cows mart is only place for them. 2 3year olds both good Rs 625 made 1250 and 680 made 1420.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Any update on prices? Have a few bullocks ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

dryan wrote: »

Getting 3.85 for r grade Bulls under 24 months. You'd Surely get a bit more for bullocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

dryan wrote: »

2 X 34 month old HEx
    3.90 yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

The farming indo says prices are firming so 3.85 base should be got for bullock 3.95 for heifers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

€3.80 Kilbeggan

I said wrote: »
    €3.80 Kilbeggan

Quoted 3:85 Base, steers for kilbeggan next week.

Anyone get quotes for this week?

• Advertisement

3.85 on grid for under 16 bulls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

3.85 on grid for under 16 bulls.

Were you in Carnaross today?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Got quoted €3.80/kg for bullocks. Depressed with that price. Will hold on for a few weeks, at least they'll add a few KG's in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EpicPothole

Getting quoted 3.75 for steers. Only get 3.80 if i have a full load. Only have 4 tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

3.90 steers today

3.90 steers today

Os that flat rate. What part of the country

Os that flat rate. What part of the country

Midlands
    No on grid..averaged 4.14c/kg 440dw

• Registered Users Posts: 15 heavysteer

Good results, sound like you had lovely stock. All home bred? Any cuts for heavy ones? Well done again and ignore my queries if I'm being too nosey.
    FYI I'm being cut 20c at 450 and next cut comes in at 480 kgs, which makes your results so impressive. As you can guess from my account name I'm not a fan of weight limits

heavysteer wrote: »
    Good results, sound like you had lovely stock. All home bred? Any cuts for heavy ones? Well done again and ignore my queries if I'm being too nosey.
    FYI I'm being cut 20c at 450 and next cut comes in at 480 kgs, which makes your results so impressive. As you can guess from my account name I'm not a fan of weight limits

Get away with very few cuts. Cut over 480 20c only. Not home bred. It's tricky this time of year between price, weights and ages. Cattle at 2+ coming off grass could be better sold now esp if price drops 5c and they go overweight in a week iykwim

Price may look good but all needed this year. Cattle aren't killing as heavy as last year. 75% of our cattle are gone so far. Stores will have to be back 50/hd. Can't see it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Salrub

Got quoted 3.85 today from midland factory. Anyone with any idea if you think price will go up or down in next few weeks? Can afford to hang on to them for another 3 weeks before they hit the 30 months

Salrub wrote: »
    Got quoted 3.85 today from midland factory. Anyone with any idea if you think price will go up or down in next few weeks? Can afford to hang on to them for another 3 weeks before they hit the 30 months

If there 3+ or upwards let them off. Too risky keeping. If they need more finishing and are cattle that are responding well to meal keep them longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,933 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Grass growth is dropping off and weather is reasonably good to date. First heavy rain and the numbers will start coming off the land,

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Get away with very few cuts. Cut over 480 20c only. Not home bred. It's tricky this time of year between price, weights and ages. Cattle at 2+ coming off grass could be better sold now esp if price drops 5c and they go overweight in a week iykwim

Price may look good but all needed this year. Cattle aren't killing as heavy as last year. 75% of our cattle are gone so far. Stores will have to be back 50/hd. Can't see it though

That seems to be definite. But why? Later being let out? Bad weather? Honestly thought last summer was worse, (wetter anyway) than this year.

Heard vague rumblings of a 5c pull - maybe scare tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

That seems to be definite. But why? Later being let out? Bad weather? Honestly thought last summer was worse, (wetter anyway) than this year.

• Advertisement

MfMan wrote: »

There will be no pull in next week or 10 days. 3.90 still available today

The combination of out later and lack of sunshine. Last summer was the best year in a very long time for grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Last summer was not wetter around me that this year. Also later spring this year. May, early June last year were flaking weather after that it was very cloudy but quite warm. Lasy year I think was on record as the year with the highest grass growth countrywide

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

i must b in a different country because i have 18 month old heifers in the shed for the last 10 days from cutting the place up

MfMan wrote: »

Heard of weighings being done on yearlings, lighter ones were let out to grass in feb and stayed out even in the bad weather, heavier ones were kept in, grass was scarce then in April, so they were delayed going to grass. Lighter ones that went to grass early are 70kg heavier now.

There seems to be a huge variation this year in rainfall, West is wetter than normal and East is drier than average. Here in Midlands it's been either a feast or a famine with grass hard to manage, so quality has probably suffered if topping or baling surpluses was lax.

I don't think cattle are as plentiful as factories had hoped either, Su cow numbers have dropped I reckon by about 100k, even though dairy cows are up, quality cattle are scarce. Just my 2 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

3.80 seems to be the run of the steers here. It was a dry year from mid May here in south east. Thrive was variable. The better drier land needed rain whilst the poor lads on the heavy land got a break for once.

€3.80/kg is the best to be got here. 2 factories and 2 different agents came back with the same price. Not a hope of 3.90 for steers in Cork

Any heifer quotes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Quoted 3.75 base for a double of steers next week. Reckon 3.80 to be got so I'm holding on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

locha wrote: »
    Quoted 3.75 base for a double of steers next week. Reckon 3.80 to be got so I'm holding on.

Prices only go one direction this time of year I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Salrub

Hopefully will hold at 3.80 for another while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement