Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

5 HEX bullocks loaded and off 22-23mts 3.80 base so we will know the score this evening.

5 HEX bullocks loaded and off 22-23mts 3.80 base so we will know the score this evening.

€1275 ave for five. Bought end June 16 €790.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

God well done. They left money I'm sure. Did you get the hex bonus?

God well done. They left money I'm sure. Did you get the hex bonus?

I did on 4 of them, one came in at O-. Not sure on fat scores yet as only got word from agent. Left the mandatory €200 i guess.☺

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

I did on 4 of them, one came in at O-. Not sure on fat scores yet as only got word from agent. Left the mandatory €200 i guess.☺

200e not bad. A lot better than I seem to be able to clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

They must have killedout about 340+ kgs about 660LW. What weight were they when you bought them

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

If they all left €200 I'd be happy.

They must have killedout about 340+ kgs about 660LW. What weight were they when you bought them

Your man i bought them off said 420 but i though they were 450+. I said they looked 380☺. Dont know yet bass will know more tomorrow. Doubt they got to 340. 305 to 330 id say.

If one was an O- he only made 3.56 . Unless the rest all grades R at best I reckon over the 5 if they averaged 3.8/kg. Most agents give you the net average not the gross so another 10-15/head there. Was it the standard HE bonus of 10c/kg.I reckon they must have averaged near the 340kgs.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

What have you been feeding them for last few months

• Advertisement

If one was an O- he only made 3.56 . Unless the rest all grades R at best I reckon over the 5 if they averaged 3.8/kg. Most agents give you the net average not the gross so another 10-15/head there. Was it the standard HE bonus of 10c/kg.I reckon they must have averaged near the 340kgs.

Ya standard HE bonus. Will put up correct when i have the details.

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    What have you been feeding them for last few months

1kg per day per head and lashings of fresh paddocks since they came. Upped to 3kg at start nov until housed end of nov. Then upped daily over two weeks and 6kg for last six weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

1kg per day per head and lashings of fresh paddocks since they came. Upped to 3kg at start nov until housed end of nov. Then upped daily over two weeks and 6kg for last six weeks.

So june to oct 130 days say 150 kgs per head
    Nov 100kgs per head
    ramp up in Dec 80 Kgs per head
    6 weeks at 6 Kgs per day 250 kgs per head

Thats 580 Kgs of concentrates @ 250 per tonne plus the grass time and management

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Any up dates on prices for this week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    Any up dates on prices for this week ?

Im trying to move a few bulls myself .There seems to be a bit more appetite for stock but very little move on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭kk.man

Im trying to move a few bulls myself .There seems to be a bit more appetite for stock but very little move on price.

Although there is appetite for stock I heard today the factories are holding firm on price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

That's it in a nutshell

Still 3.90 for heifers then. Have a few ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

Quoted €3.90 for heifers today and €3.40 for "good fleshy R-grade strippers". How does that sound?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Who2

Quoted €3.90 for heifers today and €3.40 for "good fleshy R-grade strippers". How does that sound?

You'll get another five cent at least on the heifers if they are in spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Who2 wrote: »
    You'll get another five cent at least on the heifers if they are in spec.
    Where might you get 3.95 for heifers ??? You wont get it west of the Shannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Robson99 wrote: »
    Where might you get 3.95 for heifers ??? You wont get it west of the Shannon

3.75 and 3.85 is quotes for cattle here.

Willfarman wrote: »
    3.75 and 3.85 is quotes for cattle here.

Will 3.80 and 3.90 here in the west. Dont see it going up much more to be honest. Dont know where lads are getting close to 4.00 for heifers

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

I'm west of Shannon don't know if I'm allowed to say factory name here or not but I tried two and I tried hard for an extra 5c but no luck. Where is €3.95 available

I'm west of Shannon don't know if I'm allowed to say factory name here or not but I tried two and I tried hard for an extra 5c but no luck. Where is €3.95 available

I imagine that to get 3.95 you would want to have a double of heifers and to be traveling past at least one factory if not two. It is only any use to you if you are hauling yourself and want to make a point to local procurement manager or normal agent. Lots of lads with small? Nu beds have to take 3.75 & 3.85 for steers and heifer's.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gkinlab

sent a cow to the factory she graded a R= 3+ got 3.25 per kilo would this be the going rate or should it be closer 3.40?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Gkinlab wrote: »
    sent a cow to the factory she graded a R= 3+ got 3.25 per kilo would this be the going rate or should it be closer 3.40?

What price did you agree with them before you sent her, what weight did she kill out at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gkinlab

she killed out around 360kg, no price was agreed before hand....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

You should always agree a price beforehand, I'm not sure what cows are making at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Gkinlab wrote: »

It was €3:30 about 2/3 weeks ago. Numbers are up now, I'd say you done ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Just talking to neighbour there now. dry suckler cow he killed 10 days ago graded R3 and price was 3.40/kg. Very hard to know what's a good return on cows but agree with previous comment that should always agree price in advance anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

3.40 for a R+2- cow in moyvalley last week

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Any quotes for bullocks?

How are heifers doin, is 3.90 still to be got or any better ?

Any updates on prices?

Have a few bullocks ready move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Jjjack77

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

dryan wrote: »
    Any updates on prices?

Have a few bullocks ready move.

Not sure if this helps you or not, 3.85 U and 3.75 R grade bulls over 16 mths u 24 mths.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

was quoted 3:80 base by agent yesterday evening but told me to sit tight for another week or 2 as there is a price hike on the way.

was quoted 3:80 base by agent yesterday evening but told me to sit tight for another week or 2 as there is a price hike on the way.

3.90 for heifers

3.80 base for bullocks , 3.70 for over 36 months and 3.60 for over 490kgs.. Which won't trouble me this time. I don't foresee a rise to be honest.

• Advertisement

Willfarman wrote: »
    3.80 base for bullocks , 3.70 for over 36 months and 3.60 for over 490kgs.. Which won't trouble me this time. I don't foresee a rise to be honest.

Did ya send any off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I saw sum huge 8yo chx bullocks with horns a foot long go in when I was dropping off a cow this week. I asked one of the lads I know after how they went. He said they killed out just shy of 800kg. Sum old fella had them for years, ha. Marviless animals to look at to be fair, and I don't think I'll ever see the like of them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I saw sum huge 8yo chx bullocks with horns a foot long go in when I was dropping off a cow this week. I asked one of the lads I know after how they went. He said they killed out just shy of 800kg. Sum old fella had them for years, ha. Marviless animals to look at to be fair, and I don't think I'll ever see the like of them again.
    He wasn't sure of the withdrawal so kept them for a bit longer;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

Send off 12 last Tue got 3.80 base bullocks dawn meats
    Went to mart Thurs and farmer's told me Larry fit to give 3.9 bullocks 4 heifers
    I tried and failed anyway rang abp 3.75 no more he said I said fine
    rang agent he said same price this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭QA1

Went to mart Thurs and farmer's told me Larry fit to give 3.9 bullocks 4 heifers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

QA1 wrote: »

I'm sure Larry is "fit to give" €5 a kg. Doesn't mean he will.
    Haven't sent anything to clones this few years, they always seeem to be paying less for our type of cattle anyway. May they pay well for aa or wh.

Did ya send any off?

A few going midweek.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

What factory was this?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    What factory was this?

Agent in midlands.

Anyone getting 4 euro for bullocks ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement