Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,988 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

He also sent a young bull, aax, lunatic, we decided when we housed him last backend he would never see grass again. o3 249.9 kg 3.80/kg = 949.62, was one dangerous ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Anyone know what factories are paying the big flat price for friesian steers that the journal speaks off? They were on about it last week too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Anyone know what factories are paying the big flat price for friesian steers that the journal speaks off? They were on about it last week too.

No idea where they get their quotes from. Maybe they're trying to talk up the beef price now that they're in it in a big way:P

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭QA1

Ballyhanius must be around 4 flat age moves qa important

QA1 wrote: »
    Ballyhanius must be around 4 flat age moves qa important

For friesians?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭sonnybill

i've a big MO X CH heifer here to get killed off of grass as not suitable for keeping.. she will be 30months 19 july.. she be a good R=, no QA here so no 12c but over 30 mts its cow beef price regardless?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

sonnybill wrote: »
    i've a big MO X CH heifer here to get killed off of grass as not suitable for keeping.. she will be 30months 19 july.. she be a good R=, no QA here so no 12c but over 30 mts its cow beef price regardless?!

No it should be regular Heifer price, that said it can change and vary from factory to factory at times but there should be no change.

I've sold them over 30 months and had full heifer price, maybe there are other factors applying to you that might change things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,988 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Danzy wrote: »
    No it should be regular Heifer price, that said it can change and vary from factory to factory at times but there should be no change.

I've sold them over 30 months and had full heifer price, maybe there are other factors applying to you that might change things.
    36 months in Duleek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,146 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

All factories pay npormal base price until 36 months. Over 30 months QA not paid. Above 36 months some factories operate a 20c/kg penelty. Cow price is only an issue if calf registered to her gennerally. Biggest issue is no QA for a single animal like that they might be a 20-40c/kg penelty for no QA. However cattle are tight at present and you may not be penalized that hard. Try a fewer of the smaller abbatoir type processors. Make sure you have negotiated a base price before you send her anywhere and what penelty's if any apply

Slava Ukrainii

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Phoned Ballyhaunis looking to kill overage steers. They quoted me €4:05. With no cuts for over 30 or 36 months. Anyone got any better quotes? Kepak?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Will u get the 12c Bord Bia? That price is it flat rate or on the grid? Sorry for all questions but have OA heifer to go myself.

Something that we should all be conscious of is that even though they talk about the glut of all these dairy bred animals, the overall tonnage of beef is down. Why? Carcase size. Figures and stats can be peddled to scaremonger.

On the Grid. No I will not get the 12c Bord Bia.

restive wrote: »
    Phoned Ballyhaunis looking to kill overage steers. They quoted me €4:05. With no cuts for over 30 or 36 months. Anyone got any better quotes? Kepak?

According to the Indo today Factory's are trying to hold the base at 4.05 for steers. They are throwing in transport costs to secure some cattle. What is the age spread on them and what amount over 36 months. A lot will depend on carcass weight and grades if they are to go further I imagine.

Slava Ukrainii

According to the Indo today Factory's are trying to hold the base at 4.05 for steers. They are throwing in transport costs to secure some cattle. What is the age spread on them and what amount over 36 months. A lot will depend on carcass weight and grades if they are to go further I imagine.

2 are 34 months 2 35 months & one 37 months.

Kepak offering 4.10 for under 36 months 4.05 for over 36 months provided not too heavy.
    Also the are able to kill them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

What are cull cows making, fr?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Cows o's and p's are making €3.50 flat .
    Imo i can not see them rising much more .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

cute geoge wrote: »
    Cows o's and p's are making €3.50 flat .
    Imo i can not see them rising much more .

Do you reckon they'll stay at that for a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

No the steam is gone out the cow trade down here plenty of them round now.
    Mooooo wrote: »
    Do you reckon they'll stay at that for a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

I don't know about dairy cows but good continental cows are making €1.90-€2.00/kg this week around here in the marts.

I'm on about hanging up. Up the country colour cows in marts are a blur ;)
    tanko wrote: »
    I don't know about dairy cows but good continental cows are making €1.90-€2.00/kg this week around here in the marts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭nhg

Just got a quote of €3.95 flat for good FR/FRX Bullocks over 30 mths - factory agent came to yard to see them yesterday

nhg wrote: »
    Just got a quote of €3.95 flat for good FR/FRX Bullocks over 30 mths - factory agent came to yard to see them yesterday

What factory was this? (Pm if you wish) We have a few friesians to go soon too.

Are cattle getting scarce? Was down late to factory last night and never seen as few cattle in lairage.

Talks of price going over 4.50/kg in next few weeks. From what I could see it v likely

Muckit wrote: »
    Are cattle getting scarce? Was down late to factory last night and never seen as few cattle in lairage.

Talks of price going over 4.50/kg in next few weeks. From what I could see it v likely

Keep an eye on your horses if the price hits €4.50. Long may it last.

• Advertisement

Keep an eye on your horses if the price hits €4.50. Long may it last.

Nothing will be safe mules, donkeys.....it not as if do not have form,

On a serious note however the kill is quite strong so the outlook may be not as bad as we taught last year. there seems to be a steady demand that even has surprised the processors

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭kk.man

What factory was this? (Pm if you wish) We have a few friesians to go soon too.

I was quoted a flat price of 4 e for friesians but i don't have them fit yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

kk.man wrote: »
    I was quoted a flat price of 4 e for friesians but i don't have them fit yet!

The way the talk is going hold em till you get the fiver.

A fiver for fresians.... dairy man never loses!!

For what I gather down south we are jammers but up the country are scare
    A fiver for fresians.... dairy man never loses!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dryan

Whats the going base price for Bullocks out there? - midlands region

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

dryan wrote: »
    Whats the going base price for Bullocks out there? - midlands region

I got ?4.20 for bullocks on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dryan

Quoted 4.20 base for bullocks this morning - midlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I have a few o+p cows in good nick but could still do with a couple more weeks of grass .I have heard that cows prices will be pulled this week or next what do lads in the know reckon .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

I have a few o+p cows in good nick but could still do with a couple more weeks of grass .I have heard that cows prices will be pulled this week or next what do lads in the know reckon .

Factories pulling prices in a week or two, well i never heard that before:pac:

But do cow prices not usually start to drop from now on most years. Haven't been in a mart in two weeks but dealers were falling out over cows, always a good sign. If they were mine i think I'd be moving them on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

In my humble opinion dose cow beaf not usually fall when kids get holidays.

4.25 for heifers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭White Clover

4.25 for heifers

Kepak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

4.25 for heifers
    Great to see half decent price.

Kepak?

Yes. Athleague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

Yes. Athleague.

Were they not 4.28 end last week??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭epfff

4.25 for heifers

Their is 5 cent more I believe

Robson99 wrote: »
    Were they not 4.28 end last week??

I don't think so. They were 4.20 two weeks ago. Perhaps if you had numbers. €4.25 seems top of the job at mo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

epfff wrote: »
    Their is 5 cent more I believe

Yes I have heard of 4.30 too but took it with pinch of salt. Defo know mate got 4.28.
    Muckit if you going with some id price nenagh as well and hold for the 4.30

I don't think so. They were 4.20 two weeks ago. Perhaps if you had numbers. €4.25 seems top of the job at mo

Or else you may have to travel a distance with the cattle. Are those prices for nearest factory to seller

Slava Ukrainii

The journal will be paying 4.35 for them tomorrow and giving deals on transport :)

Let off a couple this week 3.40 for O grades, bit disappointed with KO% 48.1% but that was straight off the grass, no meal. €4.13 for a heifer >36mths without QA bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

blue5000 wrote: »
    Let off a couple this week 3.40 for O grades, bit disappointed with KO% 48.1% but that was straight off the grass, no meal. €4.13 for a heifer >36mths without QA bonus.

I thought heifers were 4.30 this week. Sent off 2 heifers this morning in a load of bullocks, i must see what they come back at when i get home tomorrow night

She graded O+ so R = and 12c QA bonus would probably be 20c/kg more. 4.33 maybe?

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    She graded O+ so R = and 12c QA bonus would probably be 20c/kg more. 4.33 maybe?

At 4.13 for O+ she made a base of 2.25/kg. Why did she not qualify for QA was she over 30 months or was she over 4 movements

Slava Ukrainii

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement