Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

blue5000 wrote: »
    Let off a couple this week 3.40 for O grades, bit disappointed with KO% 48.1% but that was straight off the grass, no meal. €4.13 for a heifer >36mths without QA bonus.
    At 4.13 for O+ she made a base of 2.25/kg??. Why did she not qualify for QA was she over 30 months or was she over 4 movements
    :confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

I got 4.30 last week but can only squeeze 425 out of him this week.

People think it'll slip ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Probably factories usual stunt when cattle are in short supply, Drop the price and farmers will throw cattle at them.

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Probably factories usual stunt when cattle are in short supply, Drop the price and farmers will throw cattle at them.

Grass cattle starting to come on stream down south anyway, maybe not up north yet as much. I reckon we've seen the peak for this year. Sterling dropped after the election, there's a lot of 2015 fr bullocks that would normally be killed at 24mths on dairy farms, that are still at grass.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Factories down here are backed up solid with cows this week. Hard to get them killed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

blue5000 wrote: »
    Grass cattle starting to come on stream down south anyway, maybe not up north yet as much. I reckon we've seen the peak for this year. Sterling dropped after the election, there's a lot of 2015 fr bullocks that would normally be killed at 24mths on dairy farms, that are still at grass.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

I concur. Grass cattle are coming now so peak price has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Where was that porter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

They're on the way down for definite

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

Athleague robson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

They're on the way down for definite

Inside track there boss?

• Advertisement

Inside track there boss?

I doubt it, I had to wait a week to get my 3 killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Had 7 going in today, booked in at the start of the week. The more I looked at the others left, the more I regretted not picking out 3 I was on the line about.

Phoned the agent and said would it be alright if I bumped it up to ten.

He let it stand but there was reluctance in every word and sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,981 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

The weather could have a big influence next week. There will be a lot of hay cut if it continues like this. This will slow the flow of cattle into the factories.The small lots of cattle 2-5 could drop drastically if lads are busy. By the weekend the agents could be searching to fill orders.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Got quoted 3.20/3.30 for p/o cows in the s.w.

Anyone got prices for u16 bulls this week?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Got €4 base for underage steers. Kepak Athleague.

restive wrote: »
    Got €4 base for underage steers. Kepak Athleague.

€4.05 in clonee this week.

From the way the Indo was reporting 4.05 is available if you have the ability to bargain. However your ability to bargain may be limited with smaller numbers and if you are near a factory that has limited competition. Factory's like Brandon, Ratheale, Ballyhaunis, Athleague and Donegal have limited competition around them and can be hard to bargain witn

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

€4.05 in clonee this week.

How does that compare to this time last year?

tanko wrote: »
    How does that compare to this time last year?

Got 3.90 base for bullocks and 3.80 for r grade bulls at the end of July last year. Not sure what sort of money bulls are making at the minute.

• Advertisement

Got 3.90 base for bullocks and 3.80 for r grade bulls at the end of July last year. Not sure what sort of money bulls are making at the minute.

The issue last year was around the edges. Cattle that were outside spec where under fierce pressure. Cattle over 36 months were being hit wit 20c/kg of a penalty. Bulls were not wanted from July on. Pressure really came on from mid august on quotes went as low as 3.7/kg if I remember from September to Christmas with a bit extra if you traveled.

Things are rosy at present as lads are selling cattle that were bought when the market was weaker.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Definitely!!! The below just up on Farmers Journal app this evening about it being used to penalise farmers.

Factories using AIM system to penalise farmers – ICOS - http://farmersjournal.ie/factories-using-aim-system-to-penalise-farmers-icos-292583

BTW - if on the farmers journal app click on the livestock tool app tab at the top of the page- it's seriously impressive with individual factory prices for beef and sheep. Be interested to hear what ye think of it

Definitely!!! The below just up on Farmers Journal app this evening about it being used to penalise farmers.

Factories using AIM system to penalise farmers – ICOS - http://farmersjournal.ie/factories-using-aim-system-to-penalise-farmers-icos-292583

BTW - if on the farmers journal app click on the livestock tool app tab at the top of the page- it's seriously impressive with individual factory prices for beef and sheep. Be interested to hear what ye think of it
    I don't have the farmers journal app.
    TBH I doubt it. For years every dog on the street knew the factories were using this information against us yet nothing (so far) has been done to prevent them from accessing our personal information. I argued before that under Data Protection they should not have access to our information :mad:

The tool is worth looking at alone honestly. I agree with you re data protection as no third parties should have access and ofcourse with a vested interest its going to be used to pay farmers lower prices.

The tool is worth looking at alone honestly. I agree with you re data protection as no third parties should have access and ofcourse with a vested interest its going to be used to pay farmers lower prices.
    The app is not available for my phone.

Oh right - we'll desktop then if you want a look- I'm a nerd for it but maybe on me own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Anybody got a price for cows?

Do you not have to have a premium account (pay up) to see this on the journal app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Anybody got a price for cows?

Got 3.15 for p grade cows last week in bandon

Do you not have to have a premium account (pay up) to see this on the journal app?

Yes and no- mainly yes I suppose. There's a code in paper that gives you free digital access for the week that includes the livestock tool so you could say €3 gets you weeks digital access including the tool. I buy the paper bi weekly roughly and use code for online access

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Quoted 4.05 base for steers over the weekend, midlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭kk.man

dryan wrote: »
    Quoted 4.05 base for steers over the weekend, midlands.
    Yes same in the SE Larry's Slaney are doing their best to pull quotes by 5c last number of weeks. They give in by mid week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

What's a teaser fr bull 700kg 25 months worth?

simx wrote: »

You should have killed him sub 24 months. In the factory he is only worth stockbull price when they go over 24 months. 2.8-3 euro/kg if he has good flesh

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My fr bull going Thursday will post price when I get it. 26months old and a wicked cnut

whelan2 wrote: »
    My fr bull going Thursday will post price when I get it. 26months old and a wicked cnut

Im expecting €3. Sold mine yesterday, cheque tomo morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Agriland Cattle marts: Factory agents make their presence felt at the ringside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,861 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Im expecting €3. Sold mine yesterday, cheque tomo morning
    How did he do ?

Got 4.10 for bullocks at Kepak this morning

• Advertisement

kk.man wrote: »

Good stuff. Only giving 4.05 last week (to me anyway).

€3.60.. think he is trying to keep me sweet! We'd a barney over a few cows last week.
    whelan2 wrote: »
    How did he do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Pidae.m wrote: »
    €3.60.. think he is trying to keep me sweet! We'd a barney over a few cows last week.

What age was he?

24.5 months
    What age was he?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Where is that?
    Kilbeggan still on 4.05 this evening...

dryan wrote: »
    Where is that?
    Kilbeggan still on 4.05 this evening...

I'd say they all on 4.05 but i had a full load

I'd say they all on 4.05 but i had a full load

What is a full load 14 or 28?

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

2. One in front and one in back. They are continentals, not dairy bred! Hard beat the charolais for weight!! :D

Are any of the factories penalising heavy carcasses at the minute or is it too early in the year yet?

What is a full load 14 or 28?

I had 11 and the brother in law had 15.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement