Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    Only during the day, At night, They Feast!

Ramadan is mid summer at the moment I think it comes back by 10 days every year. Because of days being shorter demand is not as great as when it falls earlier or later in the year.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ramadan is mid summer at the moment I think it comes back by 10 days every year. Because of days being shorter demand is not as great as when it falls earlier or later in the year.

Ramadan has started now. Daylight is longer atm. Shurely this means it's even more imperative to have a protein rich meal at the end of the day?
    Even ten years ago news items were going on about wealthy Muslims showing off having big meat rich meals at sundown for every day of Ramadan.
    Then don't forget about the hospitality brought in on those meals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Got 3.40 for fr cows in bandon. Straight from parlour but milking since last spring

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭farmer lad

Anyone any prices what cattle are making in the factory at present?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Fine Day

farmer lad wrote: »
    Anyone any prices what cattle are making in the factory at present?
    Think heifers are 4.25 per kg. Not sure what Bullocks are. I would guess 5 to 10 cent less. Cattle are meant to be I tight supply at present.
    They normally cut them when they start coming out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

€4 kg for good r/u cows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭Dunedin

€4 kg for good r/u cows

That’s some price for cows. Shows the madness of the beef industry though that cows are making more than prime beef was a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

Dunedin wrote: »
    That’s some price for cows. Shows the madness of the beef industry though that cows are making more than prime beef was a few months ago

Agreed,there is something seriously wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭kk.man

gerryirl wrote: »

Beef is more scarce than the factories are saying. I think I read the UK kill last week was sub 32k...if that is true coupled with our kill of roughly the same (remember carcus weights are lighter) then beef is not plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭older by the day

Just wondering, I took a cow into band on last week, cat D, P-, 4- cold wet 286.75 and 3.30 per kg. I usually sell at the Mart, there was no mention of my board bia 8.17 deductions, check of 938.11. Is that bad or good or what. As bad as dairy farming is at least you know how much you can expect to make when your milk is collected, I'm clueless when it comes to meat factories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

No Bord bia bonus for cows, that's the run of them id say. Got 3.40 for all P's, got 3.20 for one with a lower fat score, cold weights from 270 for that one to 330 for others, thought two would have been o's but I wouldn't be a great judge, similar cows in the past have made o.
    One of the lads here may tell you if you would have gotten more in the mart I wouldn't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Just wondering, I took a cow into band on last week, cat D, P-, 4- cold wet 286.75 and 3.30 per kg. I usually sell at the Mart, there was no mention of my board bia 8.17 deductions, check of 938.11. Is that bad or good or what. As bad as dairy farming is at least you know how much you can expect to make when your milk is collected, I'm clueless when it comes to meat factories
    I'd say You done alright for a poor cow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

kk.man wrote: »
    gerryirl wrote: »

Beef is more scarce than the factories are saying. I think I read the UK kill last week was sub 32k...if that is true coupled with our kill of roughly the same (remember carcus weights are lighter) then beef is not plentiful.

This time of year it is all about balls selling cattle. It all about giving the impression you are willing to wait 1-2 weeks before selling. This puts agents and procurement manager in a tizzy. They know lads selling the first of the grass cattle are not under pressure. If demand is good then prices can be very fluid. 10c/kg+ can be obtained if cattle are fairly fit and under age(in spec). If I was selling I be telling the agent what price will be there in 10 days time and I be looking for it to sell cattle now.

There is risk involved as processors will drop prices fast when supplies come on stream but hard to see that before end of June. 4.2/kg seems to be around this week, lads seem to be flat pricing O- and P cattle but at the top end it may not be as fluid

Slava Ukrainii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Beef is more scarce than the factories are saying. I think I read the UK kill last week was sub 32k...

Where did you read that?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

Anybody get any factory quotes this week for inspec bullocks?

riemann wrote: »
    Beef is more scarce than the factories are saying. I think I read the UK kill last week was sub 32k...

Where did you read that?
    Some UK beef website

Anybody get any factory quotes this week for inspec bullocks?

€4.20 with a chance of €4.25

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭KAMG

Hi everyone. A newcomer to the forum and to farming in general. I'm in the beef finishing sector. Hoping to send the first batch to the factory in the next couple of weeks. Any thoughts on where prices are going for the rest of the year. I'm hearing 4.25 base is being got for bullocks this week.

KAMG wrote: »
    Hi everyone. A newcomer to the forum and to farming in general. I'm in the beef finishing sector. Hoping to send the first batch to the factory in the next couple of weeks. Any thoughts on where prices are going for the rest of the year. I'm hearing 4.25 base is being got for bullocks this week.

Could only get €4.20 yesterday. Plenty of shed cattle about yet seemingly.

• Advertisement

That's what my haulier said too. Id imagine 4.25 would be the absolute tops being paid for a regular supplier etc. I will only have 15 or 20 to sell for the whole summer. Part time farming at its best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Was put back till next week with cows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Was put back till next week with cows.

What are R grade cows making?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

tanko wrote: »
    What are R grade cows making?

Only fr cows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cavanjack wrote: »
    KAMG wrote: »

Could only get €4.20 yesterday. Plenty of shed cattle about yet seemingly.

Same as. 2 big horses of Frx going in morn.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note I've pulled out a few posts on TB reactors to their own thread here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057879685#

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

4.25 heifers kepak Athleague

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

What age are they and what price you getting

CHOPS01 wrote: »

What age are they and what price you getting

Agent said 4.20 on grid. 29mts 3 weeks on the cards. Will know how they did in an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Agent said 4.20 on grid. 29mts 3 weeks on the cards. Will know how they did in an hour or so.

You did well to get them finished u30mths by the sounds of them. Would u not have left them on, forget bonus and let them pack on the kgs for the summer

Muckit wrote: »

You did well to get them finished u30mths by the sounds of them. Would u not have left them on, forget bonus and let them pack on the kgs for the summer

Needed a few bob ;)
    Something to pay for silage etc.
    Killed out over 1400 and 1700 so happy days. Two O- bullocks. Thats all info agent had for me earlier.

• Advertisement

Needed a few bob ;)
    Killed out over 1400 and 1700 so happy days. Two O- bullocks. Thats all info agent had for me earlier.

You should contact the factory and get them to email out a report as soon as the cattle are processed. Most factories will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭Robson99

Muckit wrote: »

They wont be € 4-20 at end of summer

Anyone kill a stock bull lately? Any move off 3kg for them?

Needed a few bob ;)

You should contact the factory and get them to email out a report as soon as the cattle are processed. Most factories will do this.

O- 4- 431kg
    O- 3- 350kg

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭C4d78

2 Vasectomised Stock bulls finished up work for season.
    What they worth roughly to sell to a dealer. €/kg
    1 over 30Month
    1under 30Month
    Or would I be better off just factory them. What prices Stock bulls in factory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭leoch

Does anyone here know does ballyjamesduff factory have a weight limit on bulls of 420 dw i know foyle meats does when it suits them sorry for butting in with another question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

leoch wrote: »
    Does anyone here know does ballyjamesduff factory have a weight limit on bulls of 420 dw i know foyle meats does when it suits them sorry for butting in with another question
    Heard Clones has the heaviest weight

leoch wrote: »

You would be alright at 420 anywhere. It's when they go above 450kg some of them start getting fussy although this time of the year they are usually far more flexible.

C4d78 wrote: »
    1 over 30Month
    1under 30Month

Bulls over 24 months get stock bull prices in factory. Heard a price of €2.80 a kg last week for a u grade stock bull,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭leoch

Yea foyle werent fussy last week or 2 and it was 450 its 420 this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

They’re all trying to take back control this week. Kepack Conlee only offering 4.15 this week.

4.15 is what I'm hearing this week too. They definitely seem to be slipping. Flip them anyway.

C4d78 wrote: »
    1 over 30Month
    1under 30Month

Might get a better price on done deal for them from a lad looking for a Vasectomised bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

HEx 4 days shy of his 3rd birthday killed last Friday in Slaney. 4.15/kg

Any prices people, have a load to go in next 10 days or so?

Any prices people, have a load to go in next 10 days or so?

€4.20 for bullocks still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭locha

€4.20 for bullocks still.

Best I could manage was 4.10 base for steers. Being killed tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    HEx 4 days shy of his 3rd birthday killed last Friday in Slaney. 4.15/kg

but that is the same price per Kg as the first post and that was dated January 2012, rather than the peak price period of June.

What about inflation, etc.

Danzy
    Newish to farming but catching up in the cynical side of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

any word on how next weeks prices are looking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Danzy wrote: »
    but that is the same price per Kg as the first post and that was dated January 2012, rather than the peak price period of June.

What about inflation, etc.

Danzy
    Newish to farming but catching up in the cynical side of it all.

That'll be 3.80 soon enough (by August), brace yourself.

Let's just hope it doesn't go any lower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement