Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

are there any weight limits at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Hershall

kk.man wrote: »
    I got 3.75 for bullocks killed yesterday morning. Was that what ppl got this week ?

Yes here in Midlands anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Got 3.75 today. Have another load to go but pushed into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Teddy 1234

locha wrote: »
    Got 3.75 today. Have another load to go but pushed into next week.

The feckers will probably drop another 5cent next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,978 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

In a yard lately still over 100 head inside in the shed. Supposed to be a good few like that. Feeding cattle inside the month of July what are lads thinking.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oneten

Bulls ?

oneten wrote: »
    Bulls ?

No mostly heifer's in this case

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

No mostly heifer's in this case

Any particular reason?

jfh wrote: »
    Any particular reason?

Only collecting something there so did not want to be nosy. Cannot understand it, he si buying in baled silage to feed them. Would have a good few cattle out grazing as well but was surprised he had that many cattle in the shed most looked at or near finish.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Only collecting something there so did not want to be nosy. Cannot understand it, he si buying in baled silage to feed them. Would have a good few cattle out grazing as well but was surprised he had that many cattle in the shed most looked at or near finish.

Some lads bought cattle in feb/March to finish because the factories put out the rumors that they’d have no cattle in June. I inquired about a price but none was on offer.
    Saying that I’ve a few bulls that were bought in the spring for the under 16 months job still in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭270WIN

Killed 10 28month FR/FRX today..average weight 357kg d/w. (Some weighed almost 380kg) Mixture of O and P. All Fat score 3 and 4. Average price €3.57. Only got meal in the last 2 months... 2 kg a day. The auld Fr is great to weigh. They never got meal since they were calves. Would have made 70/80 euro more two weeks ago but them is the breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Agree. Even with the poor price, at the moment, if you don’t have good weight they’ll make nothing

jntsnk wrote: »
    Agree. Even with the poor price, at the moment, if you don’t have good weight they’ll make nothing

are factories cutting for heavy weights do you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

gerryirl wrote: »

No idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Heard of bullocks over 500kg being cut 10cent alright but under that ok so far.

270WIN wrote: »
    Killed 10 28month FR/FRX today..average weight 357kg d/w. (Some weighed almost 380kg) Mixture of O and P. All Fat score 3 and 4. Average price €3.57. Only got meal in the last 2 months... 2 kg a day. The auld Fr is great to weigh. They never got meal since they were calves. Would have made 70/80 euro more two weeks ago but them is the breaks.

Where did you get the killed pm me if you like as it is often too easy to identify someone from a factory name. You must have got a good few O= to average 3.57 it is only 18c below a 3.75 base.

Slava Ukrainii

Got quoted 3.70 for a load of steers I have booked in for next week... That’s 5c a week fall for the last 4 weeks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

locha wrote: »
    Got quoted 3.70 for a load of steers I have booked in for next week... That’s 5c a week fall for the last 4 weeks...

It's looking like lambs will be 4.80 on monday, 40c fall in a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

wrangler wrote: »
    It's looking like lambs will be 4.80 on monday, 40c fall in a week

FFS

• Advertisement

keepak athleague blocked this evening by the ICSA over sheep prices. They going staying there tomorrow too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Just home from athleague
    Story is staying as long as it takes and thinking of expanding.
    Beef movement plan also there.
    Feeling is there is nothing to lose as most on point of broke with talks of 350 for two weeks.
    Beef is fxxked

I hope they close it for the week and I’ve cattle to send but I don’t care at this stage .this 30 month rubbish they can stick there 12 cent . It’s about the bigger picture now

I hope they close it for the week and I’ve cattle to send but I don’t care at this stage .this 30 month rubbish they can stick there 12 cent . It’s about the bigger picture now
    In same boat
    No future in with whats happening so im happy to go out with a bang.
    I cant keep going with present market fixing tactics so they have my full support to protest for as long and at as many as they able

epfff wrote: »
    In same boat
    I cant keep going with present market fixing tactics so they have my full support to protest for as long and at as many as they able

Unfortunately it'll be left to a few and they too have their own farms to look after.
    I couldn't even get part time farmers to do night shift(12 - 6) last time that would've given us a break, Just after hearing there's only ten people at athleague this morning, that'll go well.
    Author of our own demise...... again

In same boat

Unfortunately it'll be left to a few and they too have their own farms to look after.
    I couldn't even get part time farmers to do night shift(12 - 6) last time that would've given us a break, Just after hearing there's only ten people at athleague this morning, that'll go well.
    Author of our own demise...... again

I have to agree with you there
    So guys if any of ye can spare even half hour call down for chat anyway
    I often think of those things as great networking events even if no success out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Dunedin wrote: »

Total and absolute abandonment of the rural vote by Leo given the closeness of a general election is pretty baffling, you’d think he could at least tell a few white lies but no he’s done with the agri-sector by all accounts....
    Would always of been Fine Gael here but you couldn’t be backing this clown and his euro centric party

I have to agree with you there
    So guys if any of ye can spare even half hour call down for chat anyway
    I often think of those things as great networking events even if no success out of it

the last time we were outside athleague with the IFA we had it done by branches what times to go at. Rota system. worked well only downfall was the factories were told when we would be there and it only lasted a couple of days.From what I heard Henry Burns wanted all out but was overruled by the top brass(i could be wrong on that)This caught them on the hop this time I hope it will make a difference

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Total and absolute abandonment of the rural vote by Leo given the closeness of a general election is pretty baffling, you’d think he could at least tell a few white lies but no he’s done with the agri-sector by all accounts....
    Would always of been Fine Gael here but you couldn’t be backing this clown and his euro centric party
    Leo is not a rural Ireland man.

Like ye we are a fine Gael house and since the foundation of the state. I tell you that will change in the general election and it will be let known.

the last time we were outside athleague with the IFA we had it done by branches what times to go at. Rota system. worked well only downfall was the factories were told when we would be there and it only lasted a couple of days.From what I heard Henry Burns wanted all out but was overruled by the top brass(i could be wrong on that)This caught them on the hop this time I hope it will make a difference

Livestock commitee could've kept it going IF they had the support.
    Top Brass called it off because getting support was like pulling teeth, there's no doubt I was getting abused from those above me over the poor support and only too glad to call it off. wouldn't be surprised if there was other Co Chairmen getting the same harassment.
    'Twas some kick in the teeth for henry when very few turned up at the Tullamore protest....eight miles from his home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Leo is not a rural Ireland man.

Like ye we are a fine Gael house and since the foundation of the state. I tell you that will change in the general election and it will be let known.

Yeah, looking for a D4 vote isn't going to wash down here, our priorities are very different. I couldn't in good conscience vote for them anymore either and I wouldn't be shy about lighting a fire under them if they call here to canvass.

Livestock commitee could've kept it going IF they had the support.
    Top Brass called it off because getting support was like pulling teeth, there's no doubt I was getting abused from those above me over the poor support and only too glad to call it off. wouldn't be surprised if there was other Co Chairmen getting the same harassment.
    'Twas some kick in the teeth for henry when very few turned up at the Tullamore protest....eight miles from his home

it was not short of support in Athleague thats for sure there was huge crowds there.

it was not short of support in Athleague thats for sure there was huge crowds there.

We had huge crowds too but would there be many there from 1am to daylight or 9 -5

You'd wonder are meat processors soft selling to their customers, unbelievable that any sector would be expected to take less and less for their produce in the face of increasing costs,
    When processors meet a tough customer, they don't have to be tough, they then just turn around and rip off their suppliers because they can

We had huge crowds too but would there be many there from 1am to daylight or 9 -5

plenty with the way it was done by every local branch having a dedicated time and then it just fell on its arse by the powers that be

plenty with the way it was done by every local branch having a dedicated time and then it just fell on its arse by the powers that be

Didn't go as well here, I never got to bed, had to attend branch AGMS as well at the time.
    Any way Icsa have now suspended the protest to go and talk with Kepak, there'll probably be lorries along soon now

You'd wonder are meat processors soft selling to their customers, unbelievable that any sector would be expected to take less and less for their produce in the face of increasing costs,
    When processors meet a tough customer, they don't have to be tough, they then just turn around and rip off their suppliers because they can
    I have a deep suspicion that they are and I think the profit is in the fifth quarter. Supermarkets are creaming it with very small overheads. At the same time consumption is down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

jaymla627 wrote: »

I agree and not defending Leo but are any of the alternatives any better?
    Fianna fail are the same
    Sinn fein, christ.
    Greens, well are greens. Its airy fairy stuff really too.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭TL17

visatorro wrote:
    I agree and not defending Leo but are any of the alternatives any better? Fianna fail are the same Sinn fein, christ. Greens, well are greens. Its airy fairy stuff really too.
    FG need a reality check. May be around 10 rural seats they take for granted in their efforts to get D4 and the likes but them 10 could make all the difference. 6 votes here wont be going to them next time. They smell of arogance

Didn't go as well here, I never got to bed, had to attend branch AGMS as well at the time.
    Any way Icsa have now suspended the protest to go and talk with Kepak, there'll probably be lorries along soon now

IFJ has it that the ICSA protest is called off until Thursday, Quotes today on the Indo should be interesting

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I heard on the radio this morning the goodman group had a profit of 170m last year and paid very little tax.

Anyway back on topic, bulls u 24 mths 3.50 for R, 3.60 for U under 420kg cw.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭johnnyw20

How much of a difference does there be between u16 month bulls and u24 month ones? I’ve 5 bulls to go later in the month and one lad is 2 weeks ahead of the other age wise. Would it be worth letting him go over the 16 months and and the most time out of the other 4 it will I kill them all before the oldest gets to 16 months?

johnnyw20 wrote: »
    How much of a difference does there be between u16 month bulls and u24 month ones? I’ve 5 bulls to go later in the month and one lad is 2 weeks ahead of the other age wise. Would it be worth letting him go over the 16 months and and the most time out of the other 4 it will I kill them all before the oldest gets to 16 months?

Try get them all in u16, if they go over it you'll lose the 12c quality assurance bonus at least. Have you talked to a factory yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭johnnyw20

blue5000 wrote: »
    Try get them all in u16, if they go over it you'll lose the 12c quality assurance bonus at least. Have you talked to a factory yet?

I was talking to them this morning. They will take them when they are ready to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Sold 15-16mt old bulls this morning.
    Holxlm and holxpt and holxch.
    All will grade R.
    €3.51/kg and I’ve to pay the transport.

Sold 15-16mt old bulls this morning.
    Holxlm and holxpt and holxch.
    All will grade R.
    €3.51/kg and I’ve to pay the transport.

What would a U grade make?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

blue5000 wrote: »
    What would a U grade make?

U grade must be purebred and less than17mts. They’re making €3.80 today.
    Over 24mts bulls are €2.80 today.

Any quotes for steers for next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Hershall

Any quotes for steers for next week?

3.65 Midlands and cutting over 420kg. Gone beyond a joke now..........

• Advertisement

Hershall wrote: »
    3.65 Midlands and cutting over 420kg. Gone beyond a joke now..........

I’m on 3.70 Monday kill. Where will we be in 4/5 weeks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement