Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

tanko wrote: »
    Anyone know which factories have the codes F370 and WH7 ??

Far as I know 370 is Moyvalley

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fireside Solicitor

Does anyone know the real story why the Beef Plan messages have stopped over the past 2 weeks. I joined a whatsapp group (having finally got a phone that has whatsapp) and the messages have stopped. I'm told its because the leaders are being sued.

Quoted 345 for 2 weeks time. Wont take them next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Does anyone know the real story why the Beef Plan messages have stopped over the past 2 weeks. I joined a whatsapp group (having finally got a phone that has whatsapp) and the messages have stopped. I'm told its because the leaders are being sued.

Quoted 345 for 2 weeks time. Wont take them next week.

I'm in the Clare WhatsApp group and the messages are still coming. They were stopped for a while and they did issue a statement condemning the protests that were obstructing factory business.... but we all know what that was about.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Anyone in Gortalea last night for the sucker show and sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Looks like it’ll be flat out now for the next few weeks killing. Any quotes yet for this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Looks like it’ll be flat out now for the next few weeks killing. Any quotes yet for this week?

Slowly does it. give the last of the pickets time to get home.they might not like what there reading and hearing. could turn the outfit round on the road and return.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭manjou

Cavanjack wrote: »
    liffy meats factories are on 3.50 3.60.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

manjou wrote: »

Pickets lifted with Liffey nationwide?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭manjou

MfMan wrote: »
    manjou wrote: »

Pickets lifted with Liffey nationwide?
    yes pickets lifted last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Nobbies wrote: »
    Slowly does it. give the last of the pickets time to get home.they might not like what there reading and hearing. could turn the outfit round on the road and return.

They said on the news that it'd be the most of this week before factories get going properly again.
    Considering the horrendous weather for this week, there would be a very interesting reaction from the farmers if the pickets set up again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

wrangler wrote: »
    They said on the news that it'd be the most of this week before factories get going properly again.
    Considering the horrendous weather for this week, there would be a very interesting reaction from the farmers if the pickets set up again

That will all depend if factories play ball on base price. My gut tells me that by Wednesday of next week we will be offered 3.30 in a 'take it or stick it where the sun don't shine' attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Are the QA payment changes in place now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭jaymla627

That will all depend if factories play ball on base price. My gut tells me that by Wednesday of next week we will be offered 3.30 in a 'take it or stick it where the sun don't shine' attitude.

They’ll hold it I reckon bar a hard britexit, it’s becoming to much of a political football and the factories need to let some of the heat come of Fine Gael given they have towed the line quiet admirably for them right down to the rural back benchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Don’t think they’ll drop prices until after they rise again. Liffey have said they won’t drop the price for 5 weeks. Don’t know how accurate that is though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Liffey guaranteed a base of 3.50 for 6 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Hope he are right CJ, HB and Jay. Hard to believe they agreed to hold for 6 weeks. They never do anything unless it is in their advantage. Maybe they no more on numbers than they are letting on. This week will test lads as wetter land will take another hammering. Still criminal prices being paid for lightweanlings in mart. Know a lad that bought 10 R 600kg heifers on a Thursday and sold 8 R 430kg heifers on the Monday for nearly the same money. He will make a nice touch in 70 days on the heavy ones.

Or reduce kill by 50% saying they can't sell anymore at the price

Kepak are elling English farmer that £3/kg will be the price next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Ah meat factories are like most other scavengers, they like to keep a low profile out of the spot light. They have been very much in focus lately and many of their business affairs are coming under focus from the public so for this reason alone I think they will try and keep the base price at around €3.50 as they wouldn't want to draw any more publicity.

I'd say the sting will come when prices eventually rise, 360 will be held for a month or two longer than it otherwise would. Although theyed probably be at 3 20 now only for the protests. So who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

mf240 wrote: »
    I'd say the sting will come when prices eventually rise, 360 will be held for a month or two longer than it otherwise would. Although theyed probably be at 3 20 now only for the protests. So who knows.
    Abp Cahir not killing any cattle at the moment. No idea when killing will resume. Probably giving farmers a dose of their own medicine. Marts still excellent trade for some unknown reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Waternotsoda

mf240 wrote: »
    Are the QA payment changes in place now

As above, are the agreed changes in operation?

Phoned liffey meats ballinasloe 3.50 on the grid. But full uup for next 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Do you send many cattle there in the year ??

No, only used it a couple of times. Usually use athleague. Usually kill under 30 per year.

No, only used it a couple of times. Usually use athleague. Usually kill under 30 per year.

Probably giving preference to agents and regulars with the backlog.
    What way are Athleague?

Regular there, Waiting a call back but looks like they will squeeze me in for Monday. But he wanted to know who I was and he recognised me. I have a bullock going overage on Tuesday. Good like that. Also wasn't interested Big cattle. O. K since I have aax.

Regular there, Waiting a call back but looks like they will squeeze me in for Monday. But he wanted to know who I was and he recognised me. I have a bullock going overage on Tuesday. Good like that. Also wasn't interested Big cattle. O. K since I have aax.

Probably have pictures up on the wall of everyone that was protesting and a big X through them:D
    Heard they cutting there over 400 kg.

It used to be cut over 420kg in the autumn. In fairness I was outside the gate.

It used to be cut over 420kg in the autumn. In fairness I was outside the gate.

I've never heard of factory owners discriminating against protesters.
    That'd be petty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Robson99 wrote: »
    Probably have pictures up on the wall of everyone that was protesting and a big X through them:D
    Heard they cutting there over 400 kg.

They won't be doing themselves any favours if they start ragging farmers now. And trying to take bookings but no price been given.

Liffey Meats have locked in price until start of Nov and are giving an amnesty on cattle that go over the 30mths once they booked in.

• Advertisement

Killed cattle today. Got 20c bonus. Under 30 months. Collected cheque at lunch. Staff very friendly. Also its hard not to notice the amount of cars in the carpark. Not all old bangers either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

Killed cattle today. Got 20c bonus. Under 30 months. Collected cheque at lunch. Staff very friendly. Also its hard not to notice the amount of cars in the carpark. Not all old bangers either.

In Athleague? Lairage full there?

Not many lorries out front. I did not get to see round side where cattle are kept. But I offered to send six. They only took 3 because they were going overage.

Not many lorries out front. I did not get to see round side where cattle are kept. But I offered to send six. They only took 3 because they were going overage.

Did they grade ok for you?
    Any weight limits??

Robson99 wrote: »
    Did they grade ok for you?
    Any weight limits??

Average killout 340kg. So weight restrictions did not come into play. Conformation O+ O= O= I was a little disappointed with that. But given the way things are I did not go crazy with meal. Fat scores 4- 3= 4-. So that was OK.

Has anyone a copy or link to the new QA grid please?

Muckit wrote: »

The cattle grid is well rusted but we snotted a bit a weld on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

IFJ has this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I have 2 pbr limousin cows for culling. 684kgs and 614 kgs, one with calf still on her and one dry, wondering are they too light for the factory (what would I roughly get for them) or would I be better off bringing to the mart? Tks....mac

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I have 2 pbr limousin cows for culling. 684kgs and 614 kgs, one with calf still on her and one dry, wondering are they too light for the factory (what would I roughly get for them) or would I be better off bringing to the mart? Tks....mac

Into the mart with them would be my opinion, dry cow's are a steady trade atm especially for goodish type stores. There a bit on the light side to kill imo but it's impossible to tell without seeing them in the flesh. However I'd struggle to see how a cow rearing a calf up till now could be fit to kill unless she was getting meal. As for prices it's again hard to judge without seeing the cows but I'd be expecting anywhere from €1.50-1.80 a kg depending on the type of cow. As there Pbr limousines they should be goodish framed stores and sell well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭kk.man

Mac Taylor wrote: »

Don't take me up wrong, it's not a case of being too light for the factory. Its a case of adequate fat cover. I am going to kill cattle in next few weeks and they will average 270 kgs dead but they will have fat cover 3 = or that's what I'm hopping for.
    You need to put up a pic or get someone to look at them. Live weight is imateral as long as they have the required fat score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Thanks lads, only thing we usually send to the factory is a stock bull every few years, everything else goes to the mart, I’ll ring a lad I know to have a look at them.

You won't get into the factory now with them anyways. I hope lm wrong. But they have their pick of prime cattle for the next month.

I'd advise anyone that has cattle to go in next few weeks to get booking them in now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Factories are blocked solid by all accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Got 2 culls in for Tuesday rang yesterday
    Need to move 1 so I can test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Took a pb lim to castleisland last week , 11years old 835 kg got 1475 for her

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭eddiek

jntsnk wrote: »

IFJ has this
    Why does that sim steer get 30c penalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭foundation10

eddiek wrote: »
    Why does that sim steer get 30c penalty?

Because it graded 0-4+ which attracts a 30c penalty from the base price. It will get the new bonus agreed of 12c.

You won't get into the factory now with them anyways. I hope lm wrong. But they have their pick of prime cattle for the next month.

I'd advise anyone that has cattle to go in next few weeks to get booking them in now

A neighbour got in five for next week, all had to be whiteheads, he has a good few cattle and no sheds, land is getting very wet now

wrangler wrote: »
    A neighbour got in five for next week, all had to be whiteheads, he has a good few cattle and no sheds, land is getting very wet now

I know well. Put some cattle in myself yest

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement