Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

I did mr M from rossmore, he bough the same type of stock in macroom in the last couple of months .
    agent 2 miles this side is not very active i thought, sales were struggling, i thought hed dive in but no, think they weren't sold might be wrong one nice bunch of browns(not Ch or lim i think were in pin outside ring after sale finished thought were being brought in again but..)

agent in mid seat stirred 400 ish weight again today,Ch at mart today Ch seem to hold their own, he pushed upped bids to around €550+ kg for them and higher as well/ at 400kg mark
    one animal 960 kg Ch made €1650 i think. frs were poor as per usual, a lot of 650 kg had evidence of holstein and struggled to go over €300+ kg.
    some aa were around €300+kg and in lots didn't sell that well.at time i thought auctioneer was struggling to get bids. was late getting in so missed lot

Willfarman wrote: »
    I'm holding off buying for another 3 weeks. Picking up a few store lambs at the minute to try satisfy the craving!

taste nice after few months in freezer alright :)dont forget the bisto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

sandydan wrote: »
    taste nice after few months in freezer alright :)dont forget the bisto

Ha ha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

agent 2 miles this side is not very active i thought, sales were struggling, i thought hed dive in but no, think they weren't sold might be wrong one nice bunch of browns(not Ch or lim i think were in pin outside ring after sale finished thought were being brought in again but..)

agent in mid seat stirred 400 ish weight again today,Ch at mart today Ch seem to hold their own, he pushed upped bids to around €550+ kg for them and higher as well/ at 400kg mark
    one animal 960 kg Ch made €1650 i think. frs were poor as per usual, a lot of 650 kg had evidence of holstein and struggled to go over €300+ kg.
    some aa were around €300+kg and in lots didn't sell that well.at time i thought auctioneer was struggling to get bids. was late getting in so missed lot

He was cheap if under 48 months and even if not a cow of that quality would make more. He was about 3.12/kg DW

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

post number #1633 I said to expect 3.60 a kilo fairly soon and that was july

now I reckon you might do well if you have cattle to kill in mid October November as things will be up

this info is from the same source that told me about 3.60 a kilo, so here's hoping.

now I reckon you might do well if you have cattle to kill in mid October November as things will be up

this info is from the same source that told me about 3.60 a kilo, so here's hoping.

Was that Paul Nolan

Factory's are active filling chill's, lads are killing spring 2012 cattle before they hit 30 months. These are likely to be scares within two week. Talking to an agent and he taught that the procurement manager was more anxious for cattle next week than he saw in ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

.....lads are killing spring 2012 cattle before they hit 30 months.

Yes the cracked thing of it all is that summer weanlings born May may be a better buy for a lot of lads finishing off grass before the 30mth. Buying early spring weanlings could go against you.

Fair enough if you have good ai bred stock that can either go on the boat or else be finished after 2nd summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Limofarmer

Was that Paul Nolan

Factory's are active filling chill's, lads are killing spring 2012 cattle before they hit 30 months. These are likely to be scares within two week. Talking to an agent and he taught that the procurement manager was more anxious for cattle next week than he saw in ages.

One of my mates works for one of the factories in the boning hall and he said that as off last Monday the chills were full to capacity . He said that they seemed to kill extra last week with as view to killing less this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Local factory killing five days this week for the first week in a long time.

3:60 base for heifers this week

Allot of bulls gone into sheds for feeding locally with people "connected" I feel a rise!!

• Advertisement

Limofarmer wrote: »
    One of my mates works for one of the factories in the boning hall and he said that as off last Monday the chills were full to capacity . He said that they seemed to kill extra last week with as view to killing less this week

Maybe in that factory but demand is strong with schools back all over Europe. The rag was commenting on it as well that demand was quite strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Any indication on price that could be expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭grange mac

Anyone go to Skibb mart today? Heard weanlings were back but find it hard to believe as bought in macroom last sat & they were making good enough money.
    I'm in market for 300-350 bulls/bullocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

TUBBY wrote: »
    Any indication on price that could be expected.
    ill be talking to him tomorrow or Monday and ill ask him;)

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

grange mac wrote: »
    Anyone go to Skibb mart today? Heard weanlings were back but find it hard to believe as bought in macroom last sat & they were making good enough money.

no but heard it was small,

i was there , if looking for Ch im afraid you will pay for 400kg €550+kg min anything else goes down as colour darkens,fr with hols signs were around €300+ even at 650 kgs . 15 months fr were available for 50+.missed a lot of mart as late going in
    met a fella who said Bandon was dearer Monday,Macroom will be interesting tommorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any quotes for cows this week folks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Cavanjack wrote: »

Heard a lad saying he only can get 3.05 for o&p cows this week

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Cavanjack wrote: »

3.05 for O grade over 600lbs dw

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭westlander

Lads whats ye're views but ive a few bullocks that are ready to go. 1 is over 33 months and the rest are under 30 months.

Swings and roundabouts but all you can do is sell them before they hit the 30 month mark?

Got prices of 3.50 for r-grade bullocks.

westlander wrote: »
    Lads whats ye're views but ive a few bullocks that are ready to go. 1 is over 33 months and the rest are under 30 months.

Swings and roundabouts but all you can do is sell them before they hit the 30 month mark?

Got prices of 3.50 for r-grade bullocks.

Sell sell sell!:D

• Advertisement

Bring them to mart!! Roaring trade in Skibbereen today. Brought my seven worst aged 29months so won't be eligible for qa bonus and still made 500 with weight. Couldn't believe it!! Shud have brought the rest of the bullocks. With buying cap on thought weanlings too dear as too many buyers with too few animals.

Bring them to mart!! Roaring trade in Skibbereen today. Brought my seven worst aged 29months so won't be eligible for qa bonus and still made 500 with weight. Couldn't believe it!! Shud have brought the rest of the bullocks. With buying cap on thought weanlings too dear as too many buyers with too few animals.

At the moment farmers are slow to sell as grass is plentiful. However cannot see stores being really cheap as 150K less of this type of animal than last year.

What price are under age heifers looking like for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭westlander

Nice to hear some good news re marts. Id say the week of the ploughing would be a bad week to go selling

met chap last week he under impression some dairy farmers buying in hope that bull price will have increased and no beef men are buying so now is time to

met chap last week he under impression some dairy farmers buying in hope that bull price will have increased and no beef men are buying so now is time to

There is so much grass around farmers not selling yet and with good weather calves still growing raoidly...hence only 5 pens weanling bulls yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Muckit wrote: »
    What price are under age heifers looking like for next week?
    ID imagine they will stay at 3.60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I was at a breeding and weanling sale today, seen a good few calves 240-340kg making over e3 a kilo. sucklers seemed to be well back with no buyers.

3euro is too much when the bottom line is 3.60 twenty four months later. Learned expensive lesson last year so won't be burned again. Costs just don't add up. I was offered 340kg "weanlings" yesterday done bit of research and found out they were not weaned... So would go well back once in my possession.

Miname wrote: »
    I was at a breeding and weanling sale today, seen a good few calves 240-340kg making over e3 a kilo. sucklers seemed to be well back with no buyers.

What would you call well back? What kind of money? With calves at foot?

• Advertisement

3euro is too much when the bottom line is 3.60 twenty four months later. Learned expensive lesson last year so won't be burned again. Costs just don't add up. I was offered 340kg "weanlings" yesterday done bit of research and found out they were not weaned... So would go well back once in my possession.
    dont i know it ,some must be supplementing on guiness, bit like giving creep to bonhams, once off it they melt

simx wrote: »
    wasn't in skib fri, but last week any i saw selling there with calf a foot the calf was nearly worth most of price and cows due in June maybe around 900 ish,didnt see Ch cows selling though

wasn't in skib fri, but last week any i saw selling there with calf a foot the calf was nearly worth most of price and cows due in June maybe around 900 ish,didnt see Ch cows selling though

There was a suckler sale in Enniscorthy last week. Big sim cows to calve next November on. Nothing under €1100. Up to € 1650.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

what are fr cull cows making in the mart at the minute?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

these were big 7- 800kg first calving simmentals, real top notch stock, nearly all incalf to ai sim. most went between 13-1700. a lot would have been impossable to buy last year.

whelan2 wrote: »
    what are fr cull cows making in the mart at the minute?

Straight from parlour? What kind of body condition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Straight from parlour? What kind of body condition?

Yup straight from parlour. Good enough condition

whelan2 wrote: »
    Yup straight from parlour. Good enough condition

€1.10/€1.15/kg id be thinking, hard to say without seeing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Big PB char cull cow at balla 955kg E1835... Bought for further feeding ...? She an R 335c per kg this week ... To break even would she be going over the border or how do you add up that kinda money?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭micky mouse

any of ye ever kill an over 36 month heifer that had a calf but not registered.would heifer feeders be able to "get her away" or do you end up at cow price on account of her age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

any of ye ever kill an over 36 month heifer that had a calf but not registered.would heifer feeders be able to "get her away" or do you end up at cow price on account of her age
    Cow price - as you said on account of her age.

Bodacious wrote: »
    Big PB char cull cow at balla 955kg E1835... Bought for further feeding ...? She an R 335c per kg this week ... To break even would she be going over the border or how do you add up that kinda money?!

We sold same kinda cow this time last year. She was the same weight, made €1925, so the way things are going that's super money. I'm half sorry I didn't buy an angus bull and keep the 29mth heifers l sold recently. Still they'd have ate a fair bit over the winter.

A few of them were sold for breeding l heard after.

3.65 base blks and heifers next week and 3.10 flat O&P cows, rang in there 10 min ago and getting killed Monday am, I wonder are numbers tightening a bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

3.65 base blks and heifers next week and 3.10 flat O&P cows, rang in there 10 min ago and getting killed Monday am, I wonder are numbers tightening a bit?

Where d'ya hear? Is that widespread? The Ploughing bounce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

MfMan wrote: »
    Where d'ya hear? Is that widespread? The Ploughing bounce?

A lot of agents out there looking for beef now, Northern Buyers were in tullamore mart yesterday buying up to 36mths old in anticipation of this new label....the worst might be over, A friend had two agents looking for inspec heifers

• Advertisement

rangler1 wrote: »
    A lot of agents out there looking for beef now, Northern Buyers were in tullamore mart yesterday buying up to 36mths old in anticipation of this new label....the worst might be over, A friend had two agents looking for inspec heifers

Yeah Northern buyer strong enough in Kk yesterday for heifers, I hope your right rangler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Yeah Northern buyer strong enough in Kk yesterday for heifers, I hope your right rangler

Factories apparently have done their best to stop the new label
    Tullamore advertised they'd be there and lads seem to have done alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Has there being any movement on overweight cattle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

restive wrote: »
    Has there being any movement on overweight cattle?

As I quoted yesterday big move on 450kg to 700kg steers and heifers QA stock in tullamore up to 35 months wanted.Mentioned it in the pulling out of QA thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

Sorry; What i meant was has they factories stopped penalising for carcasses greater than 400kg?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement