Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭tanko

simx wrote: »
    Oh I couldn't tell ya, wouldn't say there will be any more of a rise for another while yet, dawn in waterford still have no prob filling kill every week still, ah generally wouldn't find them too bad, had a falling out with them before over a couple of cows on load not being in herd 70 days and they docked me 30c/kg so didn't kill much with them for a good while

Do you get 30c/kg extra for cows you've had for 70 days or more? I thought it was 10c extra for QA cows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

tanko wrote: »
    Do you get 30c/kg extra for cows you've had for 70 days or more? I thought it was 10c extra for QA cows.

No I got 30c docked off the base price I got, no bonus in Slaney or Kildare anyway, think there's a bonus in dawn so long as they grade better than a p+3 something like 3c, so I'm told anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

No I got 30c docked off the base price I got, no bonus in Slaney or Kildare anyway, think there's a bonus in dawn so long as they grade better than a p+3 something like 3c, so I'm told anyway

Do you ever try ballon meats?

Willfarman wrote: »
    Do you ever try ballon meats?

Never rang them, killed most in Kildare this year and happy enough with them tbh, Dunbia are killing in ballon now, is be at nothing ringing me.g for a price though as we'd be going against each other at the ringside at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Never rang them, killed most in Kildare this year and happy enough with them tbh, Dunbia are killing in ballon now, is be at nothing ringing me.g for a price though as we'd be going against each other at the ringside at times

Ah he wouldn't hold that against ya! I doubt your inclined to set the trade on fire

Willfarman wrote: »
    Ah he wouldn't hold that against ya! I doubt your inclined to set the trade on fire

I heard him quoting lads bad that went on cows he was on before, at times there would be certain lads I wouldn't spare and visa versa, a lot of it going on in last few weeks,Kk was a waste of time Thursday, it was like there was never going to be another cow the things that were happening, I'd say cows were up 50/60e in a lot of cases on the week previous, polling is a dangerous yoke to be at and wouldn't be a fan of it but If a lad Is purposely polling you it's hard to stand and watch him buy a cheap beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭cute geoge

3.45 O&P cows for Monday in Slaney and from what I hear theres a rise on the way for blks and heifers too, hope it's true

Man in the know told me that cows should be 3.60 for o's before march is out

cute geoge wrote: »
    Man in the know told me that cows should be 3.60 for o's before march is out

Usually a rise around paddys day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

was talking to an agent this morning best he said he could do was 4 00 base for overage bullocks maybe he might be able to get 4 05 if pushed,i thought it was a bit low,not going to sell yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Hershall

primary 2 wrote: »
    was talking to an agent this morning best he said he could do was 4 00 base for overage bullocks maybe he might be able to get 4 05 if pushed,i thought it was a bit low,not going to sell yet

Have tried a few of them today 4.05 base for over and underage bks on grid seems to be the general quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Getting €4.10 for overage bullocks in clonee next week.

Hershall wrote: »
    Have tried a few of them today 4.05 base for over and underage bks on grid seems to be the general quote

is that a mixture of both for that price or can 4 05 be got for a load of overage?are you going to chance some at that price? the agent was very keen to secure stock though and said we will keep in touch over the next few days

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Getting €4.10 for overage bullocks in clonee next week.

had you a job to get that price or was it got easly enough?are you going to sell at the 4 10 or do you think there is more to be got?

had you a job to get that price or was it got easly enough?are you going to sell at the 4 10 or do you think there is more to be got?
    No that was quoted price. Will let them go at that. They are fat and I need the shed space. Have more to go in a month so hoping it'll continue to rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Hershall

is that a mixture of both for that price or can 4 05 be got for a load of overage?are you going to chance some at that price? the agent was very keen to secure stock though and said we will keep in touch over the next few days

Doesn't matter same price for both. I'm going shortly just waiting for best price.

Hershall wrote: »
    Doesn't matter same price for both. I'm going shortly just waiting for best price.

i was thinking that, he is giving 4 10 for underage,i will just have to wait and see

any news on prices for the week ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

any news on prices for the week ahead?

Talk of another 5cent increase. Factories stocking up on beef I'd say as there will probably be a shortage in a few months.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Talk of another 5cent increase. Factories stocking up on beef I'd say as there will probably be a shortage in a few months.

did you get any quotes yourself yet?

• Advertisement

Not till morning

Not till morning

what were you been quoted for the week just gone?

what were you been quoted for the week just gone?

Got 4.15 base for inspec heifers

Got 4.15 base for inspec heifers

you dont know what overage steers were making did the agent say?

Didn't ask him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

At least prices are going up even if it's slowly and the kill still over 30000 so things should tighten up some more id say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

2 fr Dec 13 born weanlings around 350kgs
    2 AA bullocks April 14 born.around 300kgd
    2 jex one around 320 KGS other 250kgs.
    What sort of money should I get in the mart in 4 wks time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭davidk1394

What's the price for heifers ?? Sending a few into the butchers

davidk1394 wrote: »
    What's the price for heifers ?? Sending a few into the butchers

4.20 from what I hear

4.20 from what I hear

Ya 4.20 for inspec heifers

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

Where was that was only offered 4.15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 johnno900

Out of curiousity, the department has a live pricing app on their website which pulls the quote prices from each factory for each day. Have a look at that and see if it tallys with the prices your being quoted. It'd be interesting to know if that app is pinning the factories to higher pricing now that they and farmers can see the price differences between factories.

Ya 4.20 for inspec heifers

Heard a lad gettin it for overage heifers too

johnno900 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, the department has a live pricing app on their website which pulls the quote prices from each factory for each day. Have a look at that and see if it tallys with the prices your being quoted. It'd be interesting to know if that app is pinning the factories to higher pricing now that they and farmers can see the price differences between factories.

Very vague and inaccurate I think, looked at it one week I sent cows, the factory I sent cows to according to app were giving little over 11c less than what I sold for and I sold o&ps flat, that price they were quoting was for an o4 cow, if I had two of them on the load it would be it

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

What's the quotes around for cattle at the minute of

No that was quoted price. Will let them go at that. They are fat and I need the shed space. Have more to go in a month so hoping it'll continue to rise.

well did you sell your cattle this week?

well did you sell your cattle this week?

Yeah 4.10 steers and 4.15 heifers. I hear agents are ringing lads looking for cattle this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

O grade freisan bulls 3.90 aibp clones

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Jb1989 wrote: »
    O grade freisan bulls 3.90 aibp clones
    Under or over 16mths?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

blue5000 wrote: »
    Under or over 16mths?

22 and 23 months blue

Yeah 4.10 steers and 4.15 heifers. I hear agents are ringing lads looking for cattle this week.

they will proably rise another bit so next week

• Advertisement

they will proably rise another bit so next week

Offered 4.25 for heifers. I reckon they will be 4.50 before the end of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

hold off selling so !!
    4.25 could be seen as giving them away yet

because when you go to the mart to replace the ones you killed, youll need all the money you can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

weanings were dear before Christmas, but their prices have gone crazy since. Not farmers buying. Stores too.
    there is a push on to stock up for the US market, and any man who gives his cattle away at 4.20/5, in that backdrop deserve to loose money. IMO. 4.50 will be exceeded, that's my prediction, but it will be late spring/early summer. May I be horsewhipped if im wrong !!! FPuds, what your predications for 2015??

well i boaldly predicted a base price of 420 to 4 25 by the end of january the start of feburary steers that is.have some to go the last 3 weeks but with the way there rising i dont want to miss out on further rises.what do u think steers will be in 2 weeks

Where did you get that quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

well i boaldly predicted a base price of 420 to 4 25 by the end of january the start of feburary steers that is.have some to go the last 3 weeks but with the way there rising i dont want to miss out on further rises.what do u think steers will be in 2 weeks

A lot will depend on numbers traditionally February/March was a bad months for price rised as cattle that were housed late came fit also dairy farmers that had beef operation offloaded stock as there dairying workload increased.

It will depend more on numbers than anything else. Euro falling against sterling will help. However US market might not be as profitable as we think. Most Irish processors want to target the fore quarter market as they have enough market for steak etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Anybody get quotes for next wk yet?

Sold over age bulls this wk, R's 4.00, U's 4.10.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

A lot will depend on numbers traditionally February/March was a bad months for price rised as cattle that were housed late came fit also dairy farmers that had beef operation offloaded stock as there dairying workload increased.

It will depend more on numbers than anything else. Euro falling against sterling will help. However US market might not be as profitable as we think. Most Irish processors want to target the fore quarter market as they have enough market for steak etc.
    Why are numbers in each age category not publically available so that farmers can see the pipline, by age, the same as other are seeing it????? AIM wont differentiate b/w bulls and steers, but it would be something

when you would read on the farmers journal and the independent that sellers with a large number to sell are in a stronger position to deal.what would be considered a large number to sell at one time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

when you would read on the farmers journal and the independent that sellers with a large number to sell are in a stronger position to deal.what would be considered a large number to sell at one time

I think its more down to if you are a regular supplier
    selling well finished cattle at regular intervals to the factory is what they like

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement