Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Willfarman wrote: »
    I heard of pizzle fizzle tizzle sticks..
    Sure rangler must be right, there's no cartel. There are better quotes always for " hardened sellers".....

I think at the moment it is what they are short of at any stage or for larger quanties. Local Factory is not paying for cows especially lower grading P/O cows. Last week a lad was quoted 3.5/kg for R's cows so he has to travel with them. There seems to be a shortage of underage cattle and factory seem to be willing to quote higher for same if they are looking for numbers.

Thinking back maybe I should have offloaded 5-6 at that price last week. Howwever I have a couple AA bullocks that I will have to sell within 2-3 weeks as going overage and will start to go over fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Sure rangler must be right, there's no cartel. There are better quotes always for " hardened sellers".....

Definitely right so he is. That tough nut of a farmer that got his 5c extra is minting it. €570 extra in a €45,600 double load. All of 1.01% extra. I'd say both AIB and BOI were on the phone to him the next morning to see would he invest his extra loot with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Definitely right so he is. That tough nut of a farmer that got his 5c extra is minting it. €570 extra in a €45,600 double load. All of 1.01% extra. I'd say both AIB and BOI were on the phone to him the next morning to see would he invest his extra loot with them.

This 2 hardened local sellers from Pudseyville only had small numbers and got their 5 cent.

But now if they had doubles well... I'd hate to be that poor bastard procurement man... Larry would have him nailed to a pool table after.. " you gave him " 10 cent and half the lorry??" " yes boss but you don't know what I was dealing with, he's a hardened seller. He really ****ed with my head boss"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

If you can afford to throw away 570 euros. Fair play to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

This 2 hardened local sellers from Pudseyville only had small numbers and got their 5 cent.

But now if they had doubles well... I'd hate to be that poor bastard procurement man... Larry would have him nailed to a pool table after.. " you gave him " 10 cent and half the lorry??" " yes boss but you don't know what I was dealing with, he's a hardened seller. He really ****ed with my head boss"

I spat out my tea reading that :D

mf240 wrote: »
    If you can afford to throw away 570 euros. Fair play to you.

Ah come on now Ted my tounge was firmly stuck in my cheek! Can you not see the hidden point!

3.95 and they are talking 3.90 next week. The Fffing bxtards!

3.95 and they are talking 3.90 next week. The Fffing bxtards!

They are going to town on it now. There is taking it down before it goes up and there is taking the piss. These lads know how to take the piss. I wonder why they bothered there arse going to 4.30 in July. There is fcuk all that lads were going to do about it anyway.

Well the knives will really be out in spring 17 on. Every second calf would want a bullet now really.

The round table might as well have been playing tiddlywinks.

Coveney is just biding his time at the moment keeping the head down and winging towards the election.

Well the knives will really be out in spring 17 on. Every second calf would want a bullet now really.

Coveney is just biding his time at the moment keeping the head down and winging towards the election.

If the same shower get in again the agriculture portfolio could be diluted even further or worse still given to some union pro, protect the factory workers ****bag in Labour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

With the stg allot stronger than it was in 14, this should help, unless massive cuts there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Are the exporters of calves reduced all together or what? Couple of years ago used to have a lad call every year buying calves 2 wks to month old for export and haven't seen him in 4 or 5 yrs I'd say now. 80 euro was his tops but if calf price in mart was below 100 you'd leave em off as he took them from yard and no mart or transport fees

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Goes to show the protests last year by the Ifa were a farce. Their gripe at the time was the difference between prices here and the UK. I'd imagine that difference has increased now and not a word about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Milked out wrote: »
    Are the exporters of calves reduced all together or what? Couple of years ago used to have a lad call every year buying calves 2 wks to month old for export and haven't seen him in 4 or 5 yrs I'd say now. 80 euro was his tops but if calf price in mart was below 100 you'd leave em off as he took them from yard and no mart or transport fees

Exporters were priced out of market by the cute beef man who started spending crazy money on bull calves .these same lads cried wolf all last year when beef hit the floor because of all the calves they bought up which flooded the market ,the exact same thing will happen late next year and 2017 because they never learnt and repeated the mistake this spring just gone ..Larry is already rubbing his hands .exporters have a role to play in getting rid of fr bull calves ,80 euro at 10 days old should be snapped up by dairy men and concentrate on rearing heifer calves and calving cows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Exporters were priced out of market by the cute beef man who started spending crazy money on bull calves .these same lads cried wolf all last year when beef hit the floor because of all the calves they bought up which flooded the market ,the exact same thing will happen late next year and 2017 because they never learnt and repeated the mistake this spring just gone ..Larry is already rubbing his hands .exporters have a role to play in getting rid of fr bull calves ,80 euro at 10 days old should be snapped up by dairy men and concentrate on rearing heifer calves and calving cows
    +1
    And don't forget the €40 to €50 paid for JEx bull calves. Plenty of those were reared too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Goes to show the protests last year by the Ifa were a farce. Their gripe at the time was the difference between prices here and the UK. I'd imagine that difference has increased now and not a word about it.

It doesn't matter what the English beef is worth, we have to come into the english market in competition with European beef.
    Unfortunately it's the same with lamb in france, we're competing with the English lamb there and getting more than €1/kg less than French farmers are getting.

Well you've seen my lamb price, it can be done.
    even higher this week than the IFA TEXT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Don't forget all the extra Dairy cows that might come into the system too, if milk prices continue the way they are.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭White Clover

If the same shower get in again the agriculture portfolio could be diluted even further or worse still given to some union pro, protect the factory workers ****bag in Labour.

Imo the government are doing an overall ok job. Not Coveney though.
    Who would everyone like to see as the next minister of Agriculture ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

This girl was bulling today so she's getting the road. I think she's about 600kg. I'm going to let her finish her calf for the next 4 weeks and dry her and sell her in about 5 weeks. What do you think she's worth? Nice big cow but needs feeding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

I booked in some cattle into Kepak yesterday. They asked me if the cattle were under 400KG deadweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

This girl was bulling today so she's getting the road. I think she's about 600kg. I'm going to let her finish her calf for the next 4 weeks and dry her and sell her in about 5 weeks. What do you think she's worth? Nice big cow but needs feeding.

I saw a couple of young CHX cows around 650kgs make 2.02 €/kg this week. I think your cow might make 1.80 - 1.90 in the right mart. Still lots of demand for good cows now, what they'll be like in 5 weeks who knows. I'll have 6 to go then myself.

restive wrote: »
    I booked in some cattle into Kepak yesterday. They asked me if the cattle were under 400KG deadweight.

must be the level they're going to set the limits this year

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

I think things are steady for next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

€4 overage blks
    €4.10 underage heifers
    €3.60 o&p cows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

simx wrote: »
    €4 overage blks
    €4.10 underage heifers
    €3.60 o&p cows

405 heifers
    395 bullocks
    And Only bring what's coming to age as cattle being thrown at us this week was the final line

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

epfff wrote: »
    405 heifers
    395 bullocks
    And Only bring what's coming to age as cattle being thrown at us this week was the final line

Jaysus with the weather improving I thought lads would be holding onto cattle for a few weeks. Pudsey won't like this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

AP2014 wrote: »
    Jaysus with the weather improving I thought lads would be holding onto cattle for a few weeks. Pudsey won't like this :D

The over thirty months rule is playing into the factories hands.

Id say it will be oct before any rise.

I let off a bundle last friday and have a second group started feeding. Hoping to hold tougher with second bunch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

mf240 wrote: »
    The over thirty months rule is playing into the factories hands.

Id say it will be oct before any rise.

I let off a bundle last friday and have a second group started feeding. Hoping to hold tougher with second bunch.

Jesus christ if the IFA wanted to do anything to help beef farmers they would insist on the scrapping of this bloody 30 month rule and also QA movements. Making it easier for factories to screw lads.

I see the dairy lads have had poor milk cheque for 2 months and are getting 500 million to ease the pain. Have to say that's bloody impressive. Not sure who or what is representing beef men!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

30 months plays into their hands very much, an increase to 33 while not sounding much would be a step in the right direction.

• Advertisement

....I see the dairy lads have had poor milk cheque for 2 months and are getting 500 million to ease the pain. Have to say that's bloody impressive. Not sure who or what is representing beef men!

That's because Dairying is more prominent in the 'important' countries.

tatoo wrote: »
    30 months plays into their hands very much, an increase to 33 while not sounding much would be a step in the right direction.

I don't know about that. I remember before the 30 Month deadline and there was an even bigger glut of cattle at the year end. As soon as the weather got wet in October, every farmer in the country had cattle to kill. All rushing then to get in the factory gates. The 30 month rul forces farmers to move cattle earlier and smoothen things out a bit.

The ship has steadied this week anyway. And that is a rise of sorts! I would hold cattle now if underage. Imo They will go back to 4.00 in next week or two. And stay there. But the climb will be snail slow till most go into shed then I think.

The ship has steadied this week anyway. And that is a rise of sorts! I would hold cattle now if underage. They will go back to 4.00 in next week or two. And stay there. But the climb will be snail slow till most go into shed then.

Where ya getting inside info?

Where ya getting inside info?

Just idle speculation.

I have got my receipt back from kepak. It looks like the are paying an additional 10c bonus for carcasses under 400kg. Also one animal did not qualify for the 12c bonus as he killed out R=4+ .

Jesus christ if the IFA wanted to do anything to help beef farmers they would insist on the scrapping of this bloody 30 month rule and also QA movements. Making it easier for factories to screw lads.

I see the dairy lads have had poor milk cheque for 2 months and are getting 500 million to ease the pain. Have to say that's bloody impressive. Not sure who or what is representing beef men!

€500million won't do much, it'll cost €300 million to increase the advance payment from 50% to 75% in Ireland alone....I think its just a smoke screen..... or is my arithmetic wrong :confused:

As far as I know, the supermarkets have set the age limits and they also like the animal to be on the last farm longer than the longest withdrawal on medicines

I have got my receipt back from kepak. It looks like the are paying an additional 10c bonus for carcasses under 400kg. Also one animal did not qualify for the 12c bonus as he killed out R=4+ .

What base did you get?

What base did you get?

Why do you make it under 400kg got a bonus? Were you docked for over 400kg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

rangler1 wrote: »
    €500million won't do much, it'll cost €300 million to increase the advance payment from 50% to 75% in Ireland alone....I think its just a smoke screen..... or is my arithmetic wrong :confused:

How do you figure that? It's an advance not an increase

How do you figure that? It's an advance not an increase

Just highlighting how little €500 million is across the whole of Europe and when it's spread over every litre, and all farmers will drive on production for more litres to spread it over,
    In 2009 there was a limit to the rescue package, ie quota, this seems to be open ended.

Why do you make it under 400kg got a bonus? Were you docked for over 400kg?

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/00/48/fa/0048fab600ec8f6b41b1b109f7dfebe6.jpg

First time I've seen that. He wasn't a hereford or Angus and you got an extra bonus? I always though over weight was 420kg. I've a few big lads coming fit in a month. I was hoping with numbers tight they wouldn't start cutting for heavy weights.

He wasn't docked. It is a genuine bonus on my reading of it.

He wasn't docked. It is a genuine bonus on my reading of it.

What reason would they give a bonus like that? Not that a lad would be complaining!

Slaney have a flat rate bonus of 11 euro for under 380kg R or better. I never killed in kepak so I dunno the score there.

Slaney have a flat rate bonus of 11 euro for under 380kg R or better. I never killed in kepak so I dunno the score there.

Have being killing nearly everything there this last 2 years but nothing this last 2 months. Never got a bonus for cattle under a certain weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

€4 offered today cattle are scarce

• Advertisement

Have being killing nearly everything there this last 2 years but nothing this last 2 months. Never got a bonus for cattle under a certain weight.

Are you signed into the website? Details theron.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement