Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Willfarman wrote: »
    Ah them lads have suits of armour. They are hardened sellers!

Or they are feedlots, but just don't realise they are !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

3.90 slaney tomorrow. 4.00 heifers. 3.75 r grade cows ballon meats

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

3.90 slaney tomorrow. 4.00 heifers. 3.75 r grade cows ballon meats

Well lads.some game of rugby.fantastic weather.there is a inch to the factory step?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cassidy2 wrote: »
    Well lads.some game of rugby.fantastic weather.there is a inch to the factory step?

What are you smoking now my friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭locha

Anyone get quoted north of 3.95 for steers this week?

• Advertisement

locha wrote: »
    Anyone get quoted north of 3.95 for steers this week?

Got told 3.90 and in the next breath to hold out a few wks by the agent. He's a pal of the FIL and hasn't led us wrong before.

The only thing that would worry me about holding for a few weeks is when the weather breaks.. the lairage will get filled up..

Hold if the cattle are OK for age and have scope to carry on putting up weight. Sell if their fat or fat Score 3= and heading for 30 mths. The rise won't be big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

3.75 flat overage o&p blks

Hold if the cattle are OK for age and have scope to carry on putting up weight. Sell if their fat or fat Score 3= and heading for 30 mths. The rise won't be big.

Not so sure.alot of grass cattle are killed

• Advertisement

Are you holding cattle Cassidy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

3.85 is all I got today from moyvalley

Are you holding cattle Cassidy?

Holding is a strong word.in this game you can't hold because it costs to much.I wouldn't worry about age.but I would worry about fat class.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

3.85 is all I got today from moyvalley

Abp are 3.95 they were good to you

Holding is a strong word.in this game you can't hold because it costs to much.I wouldn't worry about age.but I would worry about fat class.

Your not in the Dail cass. You can actually answer the question you were asked. Ya can't fool anyone on this thread , more than we're fooling ourselves anyway.

Your not in the Dail cass. You can actually answer the question you were asked. Ya can't fool anyone on this thread , more than we're fooling ourselves anyway.

Fools and there money 💵.I let you finish it

Do you envisage a big rise in the near future cas? There's a lot of grass cattle still on land here in south east. It will take breakdown in weather to send em to kill or the shed. If they go to shed they are committed for at least a month generally. I still say mid November before we see a significant rise.

Feck all grass cattle left

Fools and there money 💵.I let you finish it

We're all fools sure. Including your good self.

Duke92 wrote: »
    Feck all grass cattle left

Lads panicked when the prices started to drop and sold under finished stock sure.

• Advertisement

Do you envisage a big rise in the near future cas? There's a lot of grass cattle still on land here in south east. It will take breakdown in weather to send em to kill or the shed. If they go to shed they are committed for at least a month generally. I still say mid November before we see a significant rise.
    Up with us when the time changes grass cattle Are nearly finished .not sure about a big.but it will rise

Agree re the fat scores...really have to watch that now especially if you were giving a touch of meal. Best I can get for this week is 390. Thought there would be more going - hopefully next week see the start of an uplift. I think it will be very weather dependent

Up with us when the time changes grass cattle Are nearly finished .not sure about a big.but it will rise

Have you many ready I to go?

Have you many ready I to go?

Around 20 but alot in sheds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭jfh

Lads, I sold a bull to a dealer, is there any where I can see how he killed out?

jfh wrote: »
    Lads, I sold a bull to a dealer, is there any where I can see how he killed out?

If you are registered with Icbf give them a ring and maybe they might help you out... Ah I'm sure you coddled him anyway don't worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Plenty grass cattle still left in Tipp. 50 yet to go on mine alone alots of neighbours the same. Think some lads codding themselves prices rise much; demand not there. when you are selling beef to the Philippines it says alot about the future of Irish beef.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Very unusual to have a lift in prices at this time of year. First of the rain now here in Clare. I was beginning to forget what it was like.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

barnaman wrote: »
    Plenty grass cattle still left in Tipp. 50 yet to go on mine alone alots of neighbours the same. Think some lads codding themselves prices rise much; demand not there. when you are selling beef to the Philippines it says alot about the future of Irish beef.

That's a load of crap one of the biggest contrats they have is nearly gone if not this week will be next week and they were bought for 4:15 base. And theyed rather draw of the land at 3.95 than use up them dearer cattle but have no choice
    And I don't think your 50 cattle will make much difference what and hours kill somewhere
    And what wrong with the Philippines buying Irish beef there able to buy it of the U.S. And that's one of the dearest markets in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭jfh

He rode me & the bull😂

How did you find out

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭tomieen jones

Anyone hear of this new up coming breed in America called blac chyna ? My son was telling me they are a bit like Belgian blue's with meaty behinds and the yanks are mad for it !!! but I have not seen !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Googled it there and it wasn't bulls I was seeing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Anyone hear of this new up coming breed in America called blac chyna ? My son was telling me they are a bit like Belgian blue's with meaty behinds and the yanks are mad for it !!! but I have not seen !

Ya little shít!!! :pac:

That's a load of crap one of the biggest contrats they have is nearly gone if not this week will be next week and they were bought for 4:15 base. And theyed rather draw of the land at 3.95 than use up them dearer cattle but have no choice
    And I don't think your 50 cattle will make much difference what and hours kill somewhere
    And what wrong with the Philippines buying Irish beef there able to buy it of the U.S. And that's one of the dearest markets in the world.

Time will tell the truth. I still hold my view that there won't be much upward movement until a month or so.

What is this contract you speak of?

• Advertisement

As Will says time will tell. Would delighted if prices lifted and also interested in what this contract is. My point is that I am one of lots of lads in my area that will be off loading grass cattle in next few weeks. Plenty in sheds too around here. The Philippines is a Second World market and at its current price would not be relying on it or of the markets Coveney is after for raising beef prices. see http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=beef&months=12&currency=eur

Laughed that one of his markets is India where several states have declared the sale of beef as illegal. When you export 90% of Beef you get what the world price is. A Polish fillet steak is just as tasty as an Irish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

I was quoted €3.90 for bullocks today and I said I wanted €4. He said no, he wanted bullocks but the price was €3.90. I said no but I would take €3.95. He said no, so I said no!
    I don't mind too much as they are big bullocks that are thriving well and won't get too fat.

Contract was for over a thousand plus cattle could be nearer the not to to sure
    Sure there is a up ward move €3.95 today think there'll be €4 to be got next week I'd be happy enough with that for my summer cattle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

huey1975 wrote: »
    I was quoted €3.90 for bullocks today and I said I wanted €4. He said no, he wanted bullocks but the price was €3.90. I said no but I would take €3.95. He said no, so I said no!
    I don't mind too much as they are big bullocks that are thriving well and won't get too fat.

How much is the 5 cent worth to you per animal? 20 euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Im feeding overage bullocks . And its costing 2 euros a day per head for meal.

So in theory the price needs to rise 4cents per week to pay for the meal. But they are piling on weight for the last few weeks. Will probably let off if i can get 4.00 base or a bit more.

• Advertisement

Contract was for over a thousand plus cattle could be nearer the not to to sure
    Sure there is a up ward move €3.95 today think there'll be €4 to be got next week I'd be happy enough with that for my summer cattle.

Who got the contract and from who? Very intriguing!

I'm not saying

A factory contracted a finisher to supply 1000 cattle in the Autumn period @ 4.15 a kg when the base price for most mortals was. 3.85 to 4.00. .??

MF whats the current penalty for overage was 12c the last time I killed a few

That's how to keep price down

No penalty over 30 mths at present. You just don't get the Qa .12 But over 36 months could be a reduced base in some factories.

A thousand cattle would only be a couple of days kill even in a smallish set up. Lucky finisher to land a plum contract like that....

Sent some up to Roscrea few months act. prob 5 and got hit with the penalty.

barnaman wrote: »
    Sent some up to Roscrea few months act. prob 5 and got hit with the penalty.

Tricky spot.

They only kill them cattle when they have to its cheaper to give 30cent to a few people when they have to than give everyone 5 or 10 cents

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement