Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭welton john

blue5000 wrote: »
    Imagine how some lad with a few brood mares feels when a foal they bred and sold for small money wins a big race?

A lot better than the lad who bred the one that's still running;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

blue5000 wrote: »
    Imagine how some lad with a few brood mares feels when a foal they bred and sold for small money wins a big race?

Depends. If he still had the mare he jump over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

Anyone hear anything about beef

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cassidy2 wrote: »

Yup had a lovely Angus sliced beef sambo for lunch today!

That's valuable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Back to 385 and 395
    Lots of cattle around

Heard that.that is unbelievable.but the numbers aren't there isn't that right clough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Anyone know what price per kg a pure bred 7yo CH bull would make in the factory.

Heard that.that is unbelievable.but the numbers aren't there isn't that right clough?

can't be right all the time sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Base price wrote: »
    Anyone know what price per kg a pure bred 7yo CH bull would make in the factory.

The only place to go with him is roscrea
    Got 50c more fo a ch bull 9 yr old back in May at a ko of 600 kgs it payed to travel for once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

ellewood wrote: »
    The only place to go with him is roscrea
    Got 50c more fo a ch bull 9 yr old back in May at a ko of 600 kgs it payed to travel for once
    Roscrea would be a very, very, long haul from my area. Only reason that I asked is for a local man (one of my late Uncle's friends) that wants me to transport the bull (jeep/trailer) to a factory.
    Smashing bull in fairness and as most of ye know I don't rate Charlaois, however this lad is exceptional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

Base price wrote: »
    Roscrea would be a very, very, long haul from my area. Only reason that I asked is for a local man (one of my late Uncle's friends) that wants me to transport the bull (jeep/trailer) to a factory.
    Smashing bull in fairness and as most of ye know I don't rate Charlaois, however this lad is exceptional.

Twas a fair ould spin for me as well took a good half day or more but anything local was only paying 2.80 so I recon I got a nice days wages for the trip even after diesel.

But you are never right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

epfff wrote: »
    Back to 385 and 395
    Lots of cattle around

Sure didn't the Ifa say last week that we'd make a profit with beef at €4. Sure it's close enough!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I wouldn't begrudge anyone, everyone needs a twist out of them and a big difference in beef price in that timeframe too. He had a good twist out of him though!
    For every animal that performs like that, there is the one that is found dead in the field.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

But you are never right?

I have my moments

They are getting an adequate supply to negate any price rise but fat cattle are not in over supply. Pick your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

CHOPS01 wrote: »
    30 to 32 months.
    Going Sunday. They are in good order. So rather have them going right than holding on and having them go back.

What would HEX kill out at. One lad killed out at 399kg. Didn't think they were as heavy as that before they went

51 to 54 percent. Depending on type. 53 is what I'd work off with whiteheads. Did you have any r grades on them?

• Advertisement

Willfarman wrote: »
    51 to 54 percent. Depending on type. 53 is what I'd work off with whiteheads. Did you have any r grades on them?

Haha. Just calculated it at 52% around there. 760kg. Roughly 25kg per mt. Wonder did they penalise much for overage and as whiteheads easily do go over fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Duke92

52.5% O+ rs

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭FarmerDougal

4.05 u grade bulls 20 months

4.05 u grade bulls 20 months

Not bad at all! Are they u's or r's?

All u's bar 2 r+ and 2 e's
    440 dead
    58% kill out
    Dissapointed with killout

All u's bar 2 r+ and 2 e's
    440 dead
    58% kill out
    Dissapointed with killout

You'd think they would have got over the 60%. A good u grade bullock would nearly get 58. Around 38kg a mt weight gain. What feeding did ya get them?

• Advertisement

You'd think they would have got over the 60%. A good u grade bullock would nearly get 58. Around 38kg a mt weight gain. What feeding did ya get them?

Had 58.5% for bullock this year
    Maize based ration 90 days. Weight gain wasn't great either in the finishing period. Weighed every month 150 KGS in 90 days

What were fat scores like?

What were fat scores like?

All 3's one 4

Had 58.5% for bullock this year
    Maize based ration 90 days. Weight gain wasn't great either in the finishing period. Weighed every month 150 KGS in 90 days

I will have only one bull to finish next year. Will feed him high protein mix until 16mts then shed for 120 days on high energy finish. He won't get next or near what you got on weight. He hurt his shoulder and have to keep him on his own. Pain in the arse.

All 3's one 4

Ko percentage would be a little off I think but you done a great job on them by sounds of that. Can be very hard to get fat score up on e u grade type.

• Advertisement

I will have only one bull to finish next year. Will feed him high protein mix until 16mts then shed for 120 days on high energy finish. He won't get next or near what you got on weight. He hurt his shoulder and have to keep him on his own. Pain in the arse.

Build up AdLib asap with straw would be my advice..get flesh on and flog him. If in pain or gets hurt again he won't be worth feeding that long. Killed a 12 month old bullock today with bad joints graded 2+

Ko percentage would be a little off I think but you done a great job on them by sounds of that. Can be very hard to get fat score up on e u grade type.

Had an e- and e=
    Never had an e before, maybe never again! Pity no bonus

Build up AdLib asap with straw would be my advice..get flesh on and flog him. If in pain or gets hurt again he won't be worth feeding that long. Killed a 12 month old bullock today with bad joints graded 2+

What weight he kill out at? He'll be a year next mt but only around 380kg I'd say so a good bit light to start to finish yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Had an e- and e=
    Never had an e before, maybe never again! Pity no bonus

Were they Belgian Blue cross animals?

tanko wrote: »
    Were they Belgian Blue cross animals?

Limousin and ch

What weight he kill out at? He'll be a year next mt but only around 380kg I'd say so a good bit light to start to finish yet.

Not too light IMO, lad today 489 live 254 dead. Still lost money on him but he's gone

Not too light IMO, lad today 489 live 254 dead. Still lost money on him but he's gone

What price did you get for him if ya don't mind me askin

Haha. Just calculated it at 52% around there. 760kg. Roughly 25kg per mt. Wonder did they penalise much for overage and as whiteheads easily do go over fat.

That lad R+3=
    Paid 3.86
    All were non QA

Jays us he was a good one. Could of been closer to 55 per cent ko. How long did ye have him. Bought or bred?

3.90 base

• Advertisement

Jays us he was a good one. Could of been closer to 55 per cent ko. How long did ye have him. Bought or bred?

He was home bred. Never saw meal just plenty of grass and silage.
    Just looking at the list again had BAx come in at 407kg just under 30 months.
    Old man has sent cattle to factory before but a lot more interested in kill out etc since starting reading here about 18 months ago. Semi addicted now !

3.90 base

This lad cost me 340 as a suck in January so won't lose out on him. Might do him under the 16mts so.

Any quotes for bullocks and heifers this week?

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Any quotes for bullocks and heifers this week?

Neighbour said he got 3.90 for next Friday. They will hold it there or pull back a bit. Anyone finishing off grass will be in a panic to get rid the way the week is promised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Sending some for 3.90 tomorrow ABP Nenagh. Clough right told could drop to 3.85 next week.

3.90 slaney. Give er a week now lads and the ship will steady.

You think they'll go up a bit? Have cattle near fit and was thinking of waiting till the week after next to see if the thing improves.

Either that or it will go straight to 3.50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Doubt go up much the weather is cruel and seem to be plenty cattle about. Normally does go up a bit in December thats a way off yet.

• Advertisement

Cavanjack wrote: »
    You think they'll go up a bit? Have cattle near fit and was thinking of waiting till the week after next to see if the thing improves.
    I'd wait and see.. Weather is ****e and it's mid Nov. And there's no oversupply. Pick your day I'm told anyway. A lot of of cattle will be off the land to the shed or to the line this week and next. And if they go to the shed they are committed in the main to feed. I think there will be a little improvement..

Cassidy will be along shortly to say I'm talking bollocks and he's probably right!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement