Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Cassidy2 wrote: »
    All the abuse you give me when I started posting here.

You were right with your prediction fair play.

mf240 wrote: »
    Any sign of pudsey. ?

Big loss to the forum. Even if he got this one wrong he wasnt the only one.

Cass is making out he got abuse from me and he is right. He should look back at the posts he had with Puds. I was just pissed off with the abuse that man was given and all the times he has been right on any thread. I or any other poster in here wouldn't be fit to lace the mans boots and he got absolutely rammed for his opinion. All we have in here is opinion and sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong but that time it was made personal. I might not be a member on here for that long but have been reading it for a few years. I knew jack **** about farming but reading posts from pudsey to do with beef and getting value for money, greengrass for getting the most of grazing and the like and many more on here that are not afraid to share some of their knowledge, which in turn helps the rest of us. As many posters say here everyday is a school day. Some people would want to look in the mirror before they come on here and vilify people for their right of free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

Cass is making out he got abuse from me and he is right. He should look back at the posts he had with Puds. I was just pissed off with the abuse that man was given and all the times he has been right on any thread. I or any other poster in here wouldn't be fit to lace the mans boots and he got absolutely rammed for his opinion. All we have in here is opinion and sometimes we are right and sometimes we are wrong but that time it was made personal. I might not be a member on here for that long but have been reading it for a few years. I knew jack **** about farming but reading posts from pudsey to do with beef and getting value for money, greengrass for getting the most of grazing and the like and many more on here that are not afraid to share some of their knowledge, which in turn helps the rest of us. As many posters say here everyday is a school day. Some people would want to look in the mirror before they come on here and vilify people for their right of free speech.
    This is too deep for me.but are you talking about yourself?.

This is too deep for me.but are you talking about yourself?.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

I will give some of my own advice.when someone tells you cattle will be scarce don't believe them.secondly don't give too much for stock walk away and get your dinner in the mart canteen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭Base price

rangler1 wrote: »
    Big processor from Poland is opening shops in England, twelve to start with, so it'll definitely make no difference what English beef is making, only what polish beef is been sold for.
    I was actually telling you that through the beef protests
    I wonder if AIBP Polish operations are supplying the beef?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Hershall

I will give some of my own advice.when someone tells you cattle will be scarce don't believe them.secondly don't give too much for stock walk away and get your dinner in the mart canteen.

Very sound sdvice!! Talking to the lads selling feed they all fierce busy seems theres a lot of cattle being fed looks like theres going to be a bit of a bloodbath when they're killed I know I have some of them myself!!!!!

Hershall wrote: »
    Very sound sdvice!! Talking to the lads selling feed they all fierce busy seems theres a lot of cattle being fed looks like theres going to be a bit of a bloodbath when they're killed I know I have some of them myself!!!!!
    I will add to Cassidy2's advice and give some of my own.
    Never ever listen to what sales reps tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,865 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Any sign of pudsey. ?

Big loss to the forum. Even if he got this one wrong he wasnt the only one.
    I wonder is he here under a different name?

whelan2 wrote: »
    I wonder is he here under a different name?
    Yep, I reckon so but ain't going to surmise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Hershall

Base price wrote: »
    I will add to Cassidy2's advice and give some of my own.
    Never ever listen to what sales reps tell you.

Sound advice too but unfortunately it's true

Hershall wrote: »
    Sound advice too but unfortunately it's true
    I doubt it to be honest.
    Most feed companies are still trying to get paid (in dribs and drabs if they are lucky) from finishers from the 2013/14 factory beef price debacle let alone selling more feed into the same farmers.
    In addition dairy farmers are feeling the pressure and unless contracted to winter milk they ain't going to buying much meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

walk away and get your dinner in the mart canteen.

More like 4 lads pulling out of a small pot of tea :D yet no hassle paying €50 over the odds for stock. Never understood it myself

Muckit wrote: »
    More like 4 lads pulling out of a small pot of tea :D yet no hassle paying €50 over the odds for stock. Never understood it myself[/QUOTE]
    It's simply called one-upmanship. It is and always has been, alive and rife in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Yes but it doesn't transfer to the canteen. It's more 'look how tight l am!' :)

Muckit wrote: »
    Yes but it doesn't transfer to the canteen. It's more 'look how tight l am!' :)

Ara I'd say your not that bad. Unless you're proud of getting four mugs of tay from the one bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Anyone get quotes for the coming week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Robson99 wrote: »

3.90 base for underage bullocks in slaney. So I assume the heifers are 4.

Robson99 wrote: »

I think all the same.but cows back again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Cannot get cows in at all and trying with an agent. Was told another agent had had to try 4 factories before he got his own in and was bloody difficult. I am stuck with cull cows and need to dose them now too and if do cannot kill them for a month. Luckily its only a few but still a man was my Christmas money!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭primary 2

what do ye think lads the base price will be the end of january start of feburary? down this way alot of lads seem to be finishing cattle off the grass since they thrived well this year,cattle that would normally be put in to finish out of the shed,i predicted last year around november that 4 20 to 4 25 would be got last year and i got offered 4 20 on the grid myself so what about this year do ye think will be got?

Same here. Have a few heifers to kill but agent wont even answer the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

What are cull friesan cows making in the mart now?

Seen good straight young feeding cows going for avg of a euro a kilo this week.

Fleshed fr cows bringing around the 1.50 a kg on avg. humble potatoes for Christmas dinner if your after buying these girls midsummer to get a twist!

What are cull friesan cows making in the mart now?
    Have not been in marts but ex farm €1/kg live weight and ones with a skin of flesh on them .10c to .20c/kg extra

• Advertisement

Was thinking of buying a few. A euro a kg sounds cheap for straight cows.

It's a buyers market at minute.. Not handy stock to winter though. But yes there'll surely be twist in em to kill midsummer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭limo_100

If they could be bought right and finished of the grass next summer there would definitely be a margin in it,

Willfarman wrote: »
    It's a buyers market at minute.. Not handy stock to winter though. But yes there'll surely be twist in em to kill midsummer..

Would be talking a small few . And try leave them out for the winter.

Im well versed in the joys of starts and elderly bovine complaints. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Would be talking a small few . And try leave them out for the winter.

Im well versed in the joys of starts and elderly bovine complaints. :D

any kind of cow that's anyway a straight sort cant go too far wrong at €1/kg imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭visatorro

mf240 wrote:

are you not milking,? do you mind me asking why you'd buy cull cows

visatorro wrote: »
    are you not milking,? do you mind me asking why you'd buy cull cows

To fatten on an outfarm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭degetme

have a handful of empty cows to go to the mart. will be dried off four weeks by sale date. what are they making now? would I have bein better off selling straight out of parlour 3 weeks ago?

degetme wrote: »
    have a handful of empty cows to go to the mart. will be dried off four weeks by sale date. what are they making now? would I have bein better off selling straight out of parlour 3 weeks ago?

Does a duck quack!!! Read back a page or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

degetme wrote: »

yes unfortunatley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭degetme

simx wrote: »
    yes unfortunatley

there I thinking they would be worth more being dried up and teat sealed. why the collapse in cull cow prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Ah begad lads the job is on the up...

Coveney is off in Nigeria and Ghana at moment and he's going to sell the a heap of beef.. Also there's a few more Chinese market good new announcements coming.. The never ending corner.

Why the f isn't he sorting the ridiculous situation across in the uk where Larry has desimateted any chance of a live export store trade.

Larry will sell the British consumer horsemeat labelled as beef but believes it would be unjust to market British fattened but irish bred beef!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Why the f isn't he sorting the ridiculous situation across in the uk where Larry has desimateted any chance of a live export store trade.

An how exactly does he do that? The minister has no power to tell a companyn in a different country what price they should pay

Well a start would be recognition of the problem. And a presence in our most important prime retail market is far more likely to bear fruit than another pointless junket to a far flung corner of the earth..

Maybe he got the email from the Nigerian prince that needed a irish bank account to help him inherit his billions and said he better go find him and sure bring and hunk of dairy gold and and some Hereford prime to sweet the deal..

The British retailers also have a presence here so there there should be some scope to negotiate and clarify their stance on the said beef. Negotiate with the uk government. Talk to other processors. Find a loophole in European law to make it illegal. Draw up a few unanswered questions and possible penalties from the horsemeat scandal maybe.

At least ffing try anyway.

• Advertisement

Well a start would be recognition of the problem. And a presence in our most important prime retail market is far more likely to bear fruit than another pointless junket to a far flung corner of the earth..

Maybe he got the email from the Nigerian prince that needed a irish bank account to help him inherit his billions and said he better go find him and sure bring and hunk of dairy gold and and some Hereford prime to sweet the deal..

The British retailers also have a presence here so there there should be some scope to negotiate and clarify their stance on the said beef. Negotiate with the uk government. Talk to other processors. Find a loophole in European law to make it illegal. Draw up a few unanswered questions and possible penalties from the horsemeat scandal maybe.

At least ffing try anyway.

Simon wants an easy run into the election. He will try and talk up a few "excellent" & "productive" meetings with different countries and by the time we realise he was only talking ****e he'll be minister for something else! Or out of a job.

Will we see the Nigerian prince and our supershiny suited and wellington booted Simon visiting a farm with some cuddly lambs and calves in tidy shed in deep beds of straw.. Cue ear to the ground and the nine o'clock news!

And Larry watching with an evil laugh as he sits off in his massive leather padded armchair, whiskey tumbler in hand and large fluffy white cat on his knee..

Will we see the Nigerian prince and our supershiny suited and wellington booted Simon visiting a farm with some cuddly lambs and calves in tidy shed in deep beds of straw.. Cue ear to the ground and the nine o'clock news!

And Larry watching with an evil laugh as he sits off in his massive leather padded armchair, whiskey tumbler in hand and large fluffy white cat on his knee..
    It's a pity he wouldn't stay over there.beef is in big trouble

I agree totally willfarman. But Dont forget Simon is probably making as much from larry as he is from the state. Larry wont be targeted as too many high profile lads will lose out.
    Watch the spiel of ****e from Henry burns in the comic tomorrow telling us not to accept what we are being paid by the factories and that he will put pressure on Simon to do something.
    Weren't the protests supposed to have sorted out certain aspects with regard to the specs. Well now the talking about max weight of 380kg. Some minister and Ifa men we have/had

Every member of that round table was a parasite leeching off the beef farmer.

Very fat pig like well heeled parasites albeit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

beef is in big trouble

Is that short or long term you talk

Still hard get cattle outside spec in here

epfff wrote: »

Hard to know.but when you see cow beef bad it's a bad sign.there is cattle not even covering the meal bill

epfff wrote: »

Judging by the volume of cattle they are saying will be coming on board next year we will be lucky to get a base of 3.70.
    Based on this store cattle are 50 cent a kg too dear in the marts. A lot of lads are going to get roasted

It 0 to 12 month births that are way up.. 130000 say agriland. They be coming strong from next autumn?

• Advertisement

It 0 to 12 month births that are way up.. 130000 say agriland. They be coming strong from next autumn?

Sorry will meant 3.70 or this time next year. Store cattle that will be killed off grass next autumn are way overpriced at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement