Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beef price tracker

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

CHOPS01 first poster on the two yr old hex question. ☺

Ah! got ya now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭MfMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

MfMan wrote: »

Yea good news and we're saving the rainforests. So thats one for the farmers and environmentalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cassidy2

Any price rise 4 Euro for r and u bulls

Any price rise 4 Euro for r and I bulls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Cassidy2 wrote: »
    Any price rise 4 Euro for r and I bulls

Nope
    Not seeing it next week either

But if I knew anything I wouldn't be still feeding beeg

It's about for bulls not to heavy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It's about for bulls not to heavy

Mix over and under 24 mths, 3.90 U and 3.80 R market for over 400kg dw is soft enough still. Are the hind quarters going to Italy that they don't want them too heavy?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Numbers holding well in the factory this week.
    Next week they mightened have as many
    Possible slight price increase of 5c or could be pushed

This week quote Over 16 months
    Bulls 3:90 R 4:00 U kepak

Bulls 4:00 R. 4:12 U omagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Got 4.02 for a young bull made 1518

davidk1394 wrote: »

What age. 22 months?

Jb1989 wrote: »
    What age. 22 months?

14 month old limousin

14 month old limousin

380 odd deadweight. Fair size animal. Did u get the 12c bonus on top?

Jb1989 wrote: »
    380 odd deadweight. Fair size animal. Did u get the 12c bonus on top?

He was off a sucklers and I put him straight into the shed for 100 days. That's including the 12c 3.90 Base price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

That's a good price. What he kill out at U+ 2+? He probably cost 300 to finish him once weaned. Would he have got anywhere near 1200 as 10-11mt old weanling?

• Advertisement

That's a good price. What he kill out at U+ 2+? He probably cost 300 to finish him once weaned. Would he have got anywhere near 1200 as 10-11mt old weanling?

He killed out R+ 2+

22 month old Bulls AAx

Mostly r,s. 1 or 2 u's,

Quoted kepak. €4.10 kg for all

(Up 10 plus cent from last week)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Anyone got a price for O/P bulls under 24months

Slava Ukrainii

Anyone got a price for O/P bulls under 24months

I might have a good o or a bad r in my bunch, if he is o, it will be 4:05. Booked them into kepak there had hour ago.

Also a r grade 5 year old very clean cow, €3:60

Could 3.70 be got for r grade cows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

3.40 for os and ps anyway

They would make more in the mart

No word of 3:70 on my travels, another week might push out the last few cents

They would make more in the mart

True enough a lot of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

How much do they cut you for underfat animals. Have a bull to go soon but he is very lean. He is e grade

Any quotest his week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

Have under 16 mth Bulls going this week base price 4.00 paying up to 420kgs

Is there 4.20 of a base for a heifers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Is there 4.20 of a base for a heifers

Allegedly
    But 415 is best I can verify

When prices are rising because cattle are tight and the out look is positive you have to di in and threaten to hold cattle, or tell them you will hold those cattle for another 1-2 weeks. This will force the price of cattle up.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

Any quotest his week

Bulls over 16mths 4.05 U and 3.95 R, and preferably under 400kg CW.
    3.35 O grade cows approx 330kg CW.
    Rumours of 3.7 for R grade cows but has anyone actually got it?
    Anybody killing off grass yet?

blue5000 wrote: »
    Bulls over 16mths 4.05 U and 3.95 R, and preferably under 400kg CW.
    3.35 O grade cows approx 330kg CW.
    Rumours of 3.7 for R grade cows but has anyone actually got it?
    Anybody killing off grass yet?

Hoping to have a few gone by end of week or early next week. O= Friesians killing 330-350 kgs I expect, looking for a flat price over 36 months. Came in as part of a job lot.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

I killed a few heifers yesterday that were out eating meal since April 4th. Out of 6 heifers 4 of them graded 4+ and one graded 5-. It is a disgrace how these grading machines can be manipulated as I cannot accept that good young continental heifers could grade with these fat scores after only 7 weeks out on meal eating about 3.5kg per day. With these grades instead of getting the QA bonus I will be getting cut 6c/kg on 3 heifers and 24c/kg on another.

I also killed 4 bullocks that graded R-4-, R-4=, O=4-, and R-4- . I thought that the first and last bullock would grade R+ and U- . The O grade bullock came as no surprise as he was an angus out of a dairy cow but the two others were good Charolais cattle and the R-4= was a good angus bullock out of a limousin cow.

3.65 for r grade cows last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any prices for o grade Bulls 22 months?

4.10 for r

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Any prices for o grade Bulls 22 months?

What CW will they be? My guess is 3.80 maybe 3.85. Have you tried anywhere?

What CW will they be? My guess is 3.80 maybe 3.85. Have you tried anywhere?

It'll be two weeks till they are fit so haven't tried anyone yet. They'll be round 380kg average with only a handful more than 400kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

huey1975 wrote: »
    I killed a few heifers yesterday that were out eating meal since April 4th. Out of 6 heifers 4 of them graded 4+ and one graded 5-. It is a disgrace how these grading machines can be manipulated as I cannot accept that good young continental heifers could grade with these fat scores after only 7 weeks out on meal eating about 3.5kg per day. With these grades instead of getting the QA bonus I will be getting cut 6c/kg on 3 heifers and 24c/kg on another.

And if you didn't meal, they'd be saying they were underdone and you'd be kicking yourself for not feeding them, can't win!!

• Advertisement

I also killed 4 bullocks that graded R-4-, R-4=, O=4-, and R-4- . I thought that the first and last bullock would grade R+ and U- . The O grade bullock came as no surprise as he was an angus out of a dairy cow but the two others were good Charolais cattle and the R-4= was a good angus bullock out of a limousin cow.
    Did you question the grades and ask to see them? Had some heifers kill 5's for fs last year but it was hanging off them and they were blacks.

I kicked up a bit and got the QA on four of the heifers and the three bullocks that were underage. It's not too bad but I really think that the other bullock should have graded a U-.

Now the procurement manager thinks that he has done me a favour and I owe him one!!
    And this is the factory where I had 5U grade and 3R+ cattle in a load of 10 last December.
    There appears to be a huge amount of variation in the grading of cattle from day to day within factories and across factories. I had a bullock with a fat score of 1+ last November in Nenagh and this was a 34 month old bullock so it wasn't as if I was killing him because he was going to be over 30 months and I was afraid to lose out on the QA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I kicked up a bit and got the QA on four of the heifers and the three bullocks that were underage. It's not too bad but I really think that the other bullock should have graded a U-.

Now the procurement manager thinks that he has done me a favour and I owe him one!!
    And this is the factory where I had 5U grade and 3R+ cattle in a load of 10 last December.
    There appears to be a huge amount of variation in the grading of cattle from day to day within factories and across factories. I had a bullock with a fat score of 1+ last November in Nenagh and this was a 34 month old bullock so it wasn't as if I was killing him because he was going to be over 30 months and I was afraid to lose out on the QA.
    There's no consistency in day to day grading and definitely non between plants. 1 and 5 fat score and o- grades are where I'm finding my small margin is wiped and money lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭mf240

Any time you get a shake more than what's going or travel away from home, you tend to get done some way or another.

It leaves a bitter taste.

Have been dealing with the local factory for the last few years and while I don't always get the top price they seem to be fair enough on grading and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dryan

Got quoted 4:10 base for steers over the phone yesterday - midlands

Any harm to ask you do you ever go see your cattle being killed?

• Advertisement

I used to go all of the time but I don't bother anymore.

3.95 flat for O grade Friesian bulls under 24 months and bullocks over 36 months going tomorrow morning. Goodish cover on the bulls most will be 2+ and bullocks are 3=. They will kill between 300 and 350kgs.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Have they not stopped that now in most plants for Safety reasons.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Have they not stopped that now in most plants for Safety reasons.

I only go to two and it's still ok, one makes you put on white wellies though and tries to keep you standing in one spot. You are probably right, they are trying to make it as awkward as possible so farmers won't bother.
    The other one still let's you talk to the vet, wear your own washed wellies, go for a free cup of tea when the tea break is on, you can guess where I prefer killing cattle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Hi guys. Killed a 33 month CH bull this week. 444kg Grade U-1 fat 1+ Made 1250 before deductions. Works out less than 3/kg.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement