Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Newbie question

Options
  • 24-01-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I borrowed a friends xbox 360 and kinect last night and love it. I'm thinking of getting our own one, but what i'm wondering is why would I need the 250gb one as oppose to a 4gb one?

It'll just be used for kinect games, and probably the odd halo type game for hubbie. Is 4gb too tiny for storing games information? What benefits will the 250gb give me (i.e. if I buy the 4gb now, will I regret it later.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

alowe wrote: »
    I borrowed a friends xbox 360 and kinect last night and love it. I'm thinking of getting our own one, but what i'm wondering is why would I need the 250gb one as oppose to a 4gb one?

It'll just be used for kinect games, and probably the odd halo type game for hubbie. Is 4gb too tiny for storing games information? What benefits will the 250gb give me (i.e. if I buy the 4gb now, will I regret it later.)

Don't even consider getting a 4GB 360!

Get the bigger hard drive and install all your games to it. Console will run quieter, cooler and games will load faster. You'll have room for downloadable content, map packs, add-ons etc. too.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

also, you need the hard drive to use most of halo's gamemodes. as Mr moosey poo said above, get the the 250GB model.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Yea, just don't buy the 4GB. I had a 20GB which was filled just from downloadable content for games.

I had deleted all the videos/demos.
    Demos are often over 1GB alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

ive a 20gb and its plenty of space for me. i have around 130 xbox games with saved data and still have a few gigs space left. ive dowloaded a few add ons and arcade games aswell. if your going to be downloading lots of dlc and wish to put music etc on your xbox then the 250gb is probably the best option though

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Thanks. I think if budget allows, i'll get the 250gb. Its only about 50e more, so not that bad. (its initial 300e that I have to find first!).

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Harvey Norman are doing the 250 for €198 last time i looked :)

Advertisement