Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shady Dealer

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Merl1n

how long did it take from the time you lodged your small claim court case to standing in front of a judge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JoeRadd

Merl1n wrote: »
    how long did it take from the time you lodged your small claim court case to standing in front of a judge ?

A couple of months, then a couple of months to re serve, then a couple of months for an attendance order, then a couple of months for sub service. I took a few months off in the middle myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

JoeRadd wrote: »
    Hi All,

I bought a used car off a dealer in Dublin less than a month ago. I test drove it two days before i bought and noticed the check engine light was on, i spoke to the dealer and said i would take it if he fixed what ever was causing the check engine light to come on and also flush and change the oil as there was mustard coloured gloop in it he swore was condensation.

He agreed and i returned two days later and took it. On the drive home though the check engine light came on and stayed on. this was 2 days before christmas so i called them and told the but they asked me to wait until the new year to bring it in to them to be looked at again

I did this and again the problem looked fixed until i was driving home when the newly fixed check engine light came on again.

the car isnt even in my name yet.

Am i in the right asking for them to take the car back and refund me?

they have attempted and failed repairs twice and refuse to pick up the car or in anyway put themselves out to fix the issue.

The mouthy gentleman there keeps saying to me ''it was a trade sale'' as if it would mean something to me
    if it was me,and i got no joy,id make up a banner,and stand outside his garage and shame him till i got my bobs back,get a few mates to ring a local radio station etc,ask whats going on,youll soon see results,arthur fecking daley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Just came across this thread again after a long break. Absolutely shocked that this matter has not been resolved. There are lots of decent, honourable garage men about the place, however ghouls like the one involved in this case give the car business a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Most dealers are OK,I always do my homework on dealers/garages warranty etc,,wouldn't buy any motor without a written warranty,,,,, madness otherwise,,,unfortunately pp get CSU week in,week out,,,,I never will/would buy off done deal/adverts etc,,,,too many scammers,,that's my viewpoint anyway,registered deputy garages only,yes you will pay extra,but peace of mind is priceless

• Advertisement
Advertisement