Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Shady Dealer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

coylemj wrote: »
    That all sounds very well but you're conveniently ignoring the fact that probably 101 BBC lawyers have reviewed the evidence before that program was broadcast.

Libel/defamation laws are just as restrictive in the UK as they are here. The difference is that the BBC has more lawyers and deeper pockets than boards.ie so when they (the BBC lawyers) tell Ann Robinson that she can go for the jugular and name cowboys on national TV, they (the BBC lawyers) have their homework done and anyone who takes them on knows that they have very little chance of success in the courts.

Fair comment. However the judicial process here appears to take forever and a day. Joe Radd has been pursuing the Car Sales operation in question for nigh on 12 months through the Small Claims Court, without success it would appear. What are the chances of succeeding in The District or Circuit Courts.?
    Has the OP considered the potential legal costs , should he fail ? Don't wish to sound negative, however the Garage owner has managed to dance about the ring and avoid all the punches.
    It is sickening to think that the Garage owner can get away with it. As to his whereabouts, he is probably trading under a different name , not a million miles from his previous outlet, indeed if not the same outlet under a different banner.
    These creatures are nothing more than criminals and scumbags who appear to know more about the law, than the lawyers themselves.
    Sadly if you are a law abiding citizen in Ireland, sadly the scumbags will grind you into the dirt:mad:

I've agreed with most of what Del and Dr Fuzz have said so far, this bit, I have a bit of an issue with. If you're an ordinary joe and they visit you, they have loooaaadddss of vigour and force. If you're thuggy, they get a lot nicer and more reluctant.

I was also a bit taken aback when I recently over-heard errr, obviously totally unfounded:) "rumours" of just who the state are supposedly prepared to do business with when it comes to farming out debt collection work. The lines seem appear obviously aren't seriously, disturbingly blurred between state and crims.. I don't know where people get these ideas from, obviously.

Thank you for your post.
    When I wrote my earlier post my form was less cynical.
    Having read JR's update this pm , I am inclined to agree with you. No doubt if I had an outstanding debt the Sherriff would enter my home if necessary and seize goods in order to recover the debt .
    It mystifies me in this case that if the Car dealer in question is a Sole Trader, why can't the Sherriff call to this cheeky chappy's house?
    Obviously I don't know if it is The Sherriff himself , or an agent appointed by the Sherriff. If an agent, one would question the bona fides of the agent and look for their credentials!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JoeRadd

Its been a bit over twelve months at this point and yes it is RIDICULOUS!!!! the small claims court was incredibly slow and the sheriff seemed enamoured with this scums ability to flout the law and spent more time telling of how they do it rather than doing anything about it.

Fortunately i have been advised i can either be assigned legal help for free or represent myself in the district court which would probably be fine as i assume Brian isnt going to show again and that would be an auto win, although if im offered assistance for free i will take it. i will be going in the court tomorrow to check it all out and wont let this matter go.

JoeRadd wrote: »
    Its been a bit over twelve months at this point and yes it is RIDICULOUS!!!! the small claims court was incredibly slow and the sheriff seemed enamoured with this scums ability to flout the law and spent more time telling of how they do it rather than doing anything about it.

Fortunately i have been advised i can either be assigned legal help for free or represent myself in the district court which would probably be fine as i assume Brian isnt going to show again and that would be an auto win, although if im offered assistance for free i will take it. i will be going in the court tomorrow to check it all out and wont let this matter go.

Joe, you are absolutely right to follow it through.
    I am curious as to what happens if you get an auto win in the district court? So far the Garage owner has evaded the Sheriff, what is the likely outcome following District Court?

jail time i believe or actual recovery of the money from wages/bank account

• Advertisement

jail time i believe or actual recovery of the money from wages/bank account

Get cracking so, sooner the better!
    Have no pity for the scumbag!
    I'm certain you have all our support.
    Best wishes:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Get cracking so, sooner the better!
    Have no pity for the scumbag!
    I'm certain you have all our support.
    Best wishes:)

Yep, it seems if you want someone held accountable you can only count on the state to sit there scratching their balls. Unless it's a granny who hasn't paid her TV licence, she will be thrown in the slammer without a glimmer of mercy.
    You gotta do it yourself.
    Give 'em hell!

Any developments?

I have sent the details to the Legal Aid Board since im currently without job.

They got back to me and just needed a bill and my ID which i posted off today, shouldn't be long hopefully, wasn't sure how to start proceedings myself in district court so this is my best bet.

I have sent the details to the Legal Aid Board since im currently without job.

They got back to me and just needed a bill and my ID which i posted off today, shouldn't be long hopefully, wasn't sure how to start proceedings myself in district court so this is my best bet.

Good Man, keep the pressure on . Don't let the scumbag away with it . You worked hard to buy the car. It takes determination and guts to take these fcukers on. I hope the scumbag or one of his buddies is reading this. Scumbag you are running out of time!

• Advertisement

Any update?:)

Any update?:)

Just have to fill in a form for the court to summon him to explain why he's in contempt of court, won't be long now.

ok quick update,

I got a form "summons for attendance of debtor" sent out and again it had to be registered post and again it wasn't signed for or collected.

Not sure what to do now, i had to get a form signed with it by a commissioner of oaths, is this enough to prove i sent it and or will the court want proof the letter was accepted.

The court system really is stacked wrongly in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Its easy to guess the kind of person he is if he wont collect his registered post.

Just got onto the courts again, i have to go in again and ask for a non registered letter to be sent out as he didnt collect the registered one. this is gone beyond a joke, *snip*

Original small claims - €15
    Registered Post - €5
    Sheriff fees - € 15
    Summons for attendance of debtor - €15
    Statutory declaration from commissioner of oaths - €10
    Registered post - €5
    App for sub service - €15

Trips to courthouse X 10 (Approx) €56

Total = A ****ing joke

No more of that talk, keep your side of things legal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Hey, I was only agreeing with the whole "keep it legal" thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

This is soul destroying stuff, a man fully in the right, cannot get any help from the machinery of the state, if he was a scumbag up on some charge he would get free legal aid, or a well heeled gangester he could employ a fancy lawyer, fair play to this man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Just got onto the courts again, i have to go in again and ask for a non registered letter to be sent out as he didnt collect the registered one. this is gone beyond a joke, *snip*

Original small claims - €15
    Registered Post - €5
    Sheriff fees - € 15
    Summons for attendance of debtor - €15
    Statutory declaration from commissioner of oaths - €10
    Registered post - €5
    App for sub service - €15

Trips to courthouse X 10 (Approx) €56

Total = A ****ing joke

Would gladly contribute to a fund to make sure you get this guy.

Haha, Cheers, i would never ask for that though, plus the court says i can lump all my cost in aswell. ill get it back in the end

• Advertisement

I have a thread going on Reddit in relation to this too which

*snip*

That reddit forum pulls no punches :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭robo10

Joeradd if you are speaking to the garage again say to them you heard about the written off 2005 blue ford focus they sold a girl last year . Read my previous posts about that garage

OP you were asked before not to mention the name of that garage on here. (That link very clearly stated it).

You will not be asked again.

If you want to close this thread and continue on other sites where you feel you can discuss it more freely, pm me and I will close this thread.

OP you were asked before not to mention the name of that garage on here. (That link very clearly stated it).

You will not be asked again.

If you want to close this thread and continue on other sites where you feel you can discuss it more freely, pm me and I will close this thread.

Explain yourself and don't make threats, I have an opinion I wish to express and a court decree plus plenty of other evidence showing this opinion to be true. What's the issue with naming them,I can link you to other boards discussions on the same garage naming and shaming them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Explain yourself and don't make threats, I have an opinion I wish to express and a court decree plus plenty of other evidence showing this opinion to be true. What's the issue with naming them,I can link you to other boards discussions on the same garage naming and shaming them.

There was no threats made.You cannot name the garage here.

Please go elsewhere if you wish to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭cpoh1

There was no threats made.You cannot name the garage here.

Please go elsewhere if you wish to do so.

He posted a link to another thread on another site where the garage was named there, he didnt post anything on here.

Or am i missing something?

He didnt' name him here, provided link to another site wher he was named, which may be outside the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

The problem is that your naming them and the intent behind it could very well be deemed defamatory and as such get Boards.ie in trouble.

The mods are well within their rights to ask that you refrain from naming them.

I am going to review this thread now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

How is it defamatory? He has proof.

Advertisement