Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourinho vs Real Madrid

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

The fans love Mourinho. The ultras love him. The whistles are common place when they lose. Mourinho will leave Madrid on his own accord and I don't see him leaving any time soon.

the whistles were because of the ultras (a minority obviously) singing Mourinho's name, they weren't directed at the team. Madrid were coasting to victory at that stage.

I don't get you. Are you saying the ultras were booing him or jeering him because that would be completely false. The Ultras are the tiniest and loudest portion of fans in the stadium and they have all been behind Mourinho. I've not heard them whistle Mou yet. Infact with everything in the press this weekend there was probably a few extra Mourinho chants Sunday night.

And if you are saying the fans were whistling the Ultras then I don't buy that either. A large portion of fans were singing his name throughout that game.

carlop wrote: »
    The fans love Mourinho. The ultras love him. The whistles are common place when they lose. Mourinho will leave Madrid on his own accord and I don't see him leaving any time soon.

Also on the tactics issue. You often see Xabi Alonso drop back, almost as another center half allowing the full backs to move further up the pitch. This happens for Spain too. But while I think this is a tactic that Jose uses against smaller teams I think it creeps into bigger games too and that's perhaps why you would of saw Messi dropping much further back near his own half for a lot of that game despite how much of the ball Barca had in the Real Madrid half. Madrid came out the better team but finished second best. They were five at the back for a lot of that game with Pepe keeping tabs on Messi. Playing both Diarra and Pepe doesn't exactly scream out attack but it started off that way. Benzema works better in the middle that Higuain IMO and Ozil should of started instead but I wouldn't blame Jose for that. Barca force teams deep, the players know that. It's clear as day that Barca are always winning the mental battle between the clubs.

Speaking to Madrid fans daily, a lot of them have turned against Mourinho, and it seems only the Ultras Sur still seem to be supporting him.

The average Real Madrid fan tends to be both fickle and delusional when it comes to football. It doesn't matter if I point out to them that they are 5 points clear of the greatest side in history and still in the Cup and the CL. They demand to win in style and nothing else will do. Don't forget this has happened to Capello there twice already.

For some reason they seem to have this idea that they were loved, both in Spain and abroad, before Perez took over as owner for the first time, and they want to return to this state of affairs which can't be done under Mourinho.

Who are you speaking too? Because that's not correct. Maybe you are at the stadium tour on a Friday speaking to day trippers.

This demanding Real Madrid fan myth is a load of horse sh1t. They want there team to win and to win well but what club doesn't. I heard Mourinho's name being chanted throughout the stadium Sunday.

Capello never related to the Real Madrid fans.

Edit: I'd also add that the idiots who did jeer him during the week were mostly fans from the upper tiers with their brand new Ronaldo jersey. People overreact from some of the chanting or jeering in the stadium. Real Madrid suffer the most from the prawn sandwich brigade more than any other club I've ever seen and I would agree that those fans are the hardest to please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

I don't get you. Are you saying the ultras were booing him or jeering him because that would be completely false. The Ultras are the tiniest and loudest portion of fans in the stadium and they have all been behind Mourinho. I've not heard them whistle Mou yet. Infact with everything in the press this weekend there was probably a few extra Mourinho chants Sunday night.

And if you are saying the fans were whistling the Ultras then I don't buy that either. A large portion of fans were singing his name throughout that game.

the Ultras were singing his name, they were supporting him.

but large sections of the crowd were against this support of Mourinho, and whistled. he has admitted as much himself, but says he isn't bothered by it.

to say the fans (meaning most in the stadium) love him is very, very wrong at the moment.

the Ultras were singing his name, they were supporting him.

but large sections of the crowd were against this support of Mourinho, and whistled. he has admitted as much himself, but says he isn't bothered by it.

to say the fans (meaning most in the stadium) love him is very, very wrong at the moment.

Most fans are idiots. Not a bad word about Mou on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

This demanding Real Madrid fan myth is a load of horse sh1t. They want there team to win and to win well but what club doesn't. I heard Mourinho's name being chanted throughout the stadium Sunday.

The author of this article, Sid Lowe, mentioned it was up to 60% of the stadium on Sunday night shouting down the Ultras Sur on their megaphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I find it quite shocking that even after him quite viciously eye gouging that Barca staff member's eye & snarling at him after like a rabid dog that people still view Jose in a good & affectionate light and that incident has seemingly been swept away.

imo a manager doing that is far far far far worse than any of the thuggish stamps, spits, kicks, head butts that we absolutely detest some players for. He's the manager of the biggest club in the world and he does that seemingly entirely unprovoked to a man who has his back turned, and shows no remorse after? He should still be serving a ban for that imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Who are you speaking too? Because that's not correct. Maybe you are at the stadium tour on a Friday speaking to day trippers.

Edit: I'd also add that the idiots who did jeer him during the week were mostly fans from the upper tiers with their brand new Ronaldo jersey. People overreact from some of the chanting or jeering in the stadium. Real Madrid suffer the most from the prawn sandwich brigade more than any other club I've ever seen and I would agree that those fans are the hardest to please.

I'm speaking to a cross-section of people ranging from lads who were brought up in the shadow of the Bernabeu and would be drinking buddies with some Ultras Sur, lifelong Madrid fans who live in the city but are from provincial Spanish cities, rich middle-class 'pijos,' kids etc.

While not unanimous, the consensus is definitely shifting against Mourinho.

Obviously all fans want their team to win, but I feel Madrid have a bigger sense of self-entitlement than any other.

You're right when you say that Madrid suffer more from the prawn sandwich brigade than any other club, and the atmosphere for one of their games I find is far better in a bar near the stadium than in the actual stadium itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I find it quite shocking that even after him quite viciously eye gouging that Barca staff member's eye & snarling at him after like a rabid dog that people still view Jose in a good & affectionate light and that incident has seemingly been swept away.

imo a manager doing that is far far far far worse than any of the thuggish stamps, spits, kicks, head butts that we absolutely detest some players for. He's the manager of the biggest club in the world and he does that seemingly entirely unprovoked to a man who has his back turned, and shows no remorse after? He should still be serving a ban for that imo.

Boo hoo hoo.

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    Boo hoo hoo.

Good point well made Des.

Good point well made Des.

Madrid are not the biggest club in the world.

Barcelona, Manchester United and arguably Liverpool are for various reasons.

I don't really intend on discussing that at any great lengths as it makes no odds if they're the biggest, or the fourth biggest, you get my point.

However, I would have thought it was fairly widely accepted that Madrid were the biggest around.

I don't really intend on discussing that at any great lengths .
    OK

However, I would have thought it was fairly widely accepted that Madrid were the biggest around.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The two of ye are like a married couple!

The two of ye are like a married couple!

he's the woman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

he's the woman

It looks like a lesbian marriage from where im sitting :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

He is. In the Spanish Super Cup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

HUGE night for Madrid tonight, if they go down with out putting on a convincing performance tonight the pressure on Mou will be enormous.

To Madrid fans, would you be happy with just a La Liga title, or is that not enough to keep Mou at the helm of Madrid? :pac:

How long is Mou's current contract?

dfx- wrote: »

The author of this article, Sid Lowe, mentioned it was up to 60% of the stadium on Sunday night shouting down the Ultras Sur on their megaphones.

That's largely false. There was large jeering for the referee. The crowd was trying to pick up on what the Ultras were singing. As always the crowd try to join in on what the ultras were singing.

If they were I didn't hear any and 60% is absolutely sensationalism.

I'm speaking to a cross-section of people ranging from lads who were brought up in the shadow of the Bernabeu and would be drinking buddies with some Ultras Sur, lifelong Madrid fans who live in the city but are from provincial Spanish cities, rich middle-class 'pijos,' kids etc.

While not unanimous, the consensus is definitely shifting against Mourinho.

Obviously all fans want their team to win, but I feel Madrid have a bigger sense of self-entitlement than any other.

You're right when you say that Madrid suffer more from the prawn sandwich brigade than any other club, and the atmosphere for one of their games I find is far better in a bar near the stadium than in the actual stadium itself.

I know what your saying and I accept people are getting antsy with Jose but there are a lot of fans giving out about Ronaldo too. And your 100% correct that you would have a better atmosphere in a bar than in the stadium. Maybe the thoughts of queuing up for the Metro after a game puts them in bad form. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Maybe Man Utd are bigger than Madrid, but I highly doubt it, id say Madrid are a bigger club.
    Madrid are a bigger club than Barcelona, always have been and always will be.

As for LIVERPOOL haha, thats actually laughable. What arguments have you that Liverpool are a bigger club than Real Madrid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hmmmm

I dunno, I think Madrid probably are the biggest, most famous club in the world, have no interest in debating it with anyone though as it isnt really important.

The fans will have to be happy if they win the league, most teams fans normally are, I know Madrid boardroom guys can be kinda funny, Del Bosque' sacking for one, but surely if they win the league that includes this Barcelona team the fans have got to be happy with that excellent achievement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I know what your saying and I accept people are getting antsy with Jose but there are a lot of fans giving out about Ronaldo too. And your 100% correct that you would have a better atmosphere in a bar than in the stadium. Maybe the thoughts of queuing up for the Metro after a game puts them in bad form. :pac:

I really don't get the giving out about Ronaldo. If I tell my Madridista friends that the man scores 40 goals a season, they comeback by saying they play better without him and that he never scores in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Maybe Man Utd are bigger than Madrid, but I highly doubt it, id say Madrid are a bigger club.
    Madrid are a bigger club than Barcelona, always have been and always will be.

As for LIVERPOOL haha, thats actually laughable. What arguments have you that Liverpool are a bigger club than Real Madrid?

Arguments could be made and debated, but that discussion would totally derail this thread. A big Utd fan made the post you're quoting though fwiw!

Eventhough it has always seemed obvious to me that Real Madrid are the biggest show in World Football.

I really don't get the giving out about Ronaldo. If I tell my Madridista friends that the man scores 40 goals a season, they comeback by saying they play better without him and that he never scores in big games.

I think they are getting tired of his attitude. He's not loved by the fans by any means. A lot of fans consider him to be just there for the money. I think Ronaldo has recognised that he's not getting the credit he thinks he's due from the fans and it looks like it's getting to him. Even the Ultras don't warm to him anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Regards world-wide in terms of recognition, Real Madrid would be the biggest club, then followed by Barcelona.

Warper wrote: »
    Regards world-wide in terms of recognition, Real Madrid would be the biggest club, then followed by Barcelona.

In the world Manchester United are the world's most supported and most valuable team on the planet. I'd say a lot of that is down to how Manchester United hit Asia.

But Real Madrid would be the most prestigious club for a player to play for IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Are you kidding me? Mourinho has transformed real madrid into a great very consistent team, getting beat by barca isnt a disgrace because the are the best club team ever and messi, xavi and ineista are the 3 best players in the world that get even more from each other by playing together.

I wouldnt say he has transformed them ,they were pretty consistent under Pellegrini ,they amassed 96 points that season ,more than Mourinhos first season and its debatable if they will surpass that this season.
    Mourinho hasnt made any inroads into beating Barcelona on the head to heads,at least Pellegrini had a go .

Real were lucky at the weekend ,they should have been 2-0 down to Bilbao but for a shocking miss by llorente.
    They were fortunate to beat Mallorca due to kind refereeing and they were also fortunate to overturn a 2-0 half time deficit to Malaga in the last round oft the cup.

Mourinho is a defensive coach,overly cautious,something that doesnt go down with the Madrid faithful.

Saying that its a huge ask for any team to defeat Barcelona,they have 3 of the best players in the world ,are used to playing a certain style ,some since kids and are arguably the best club team of all time.
    They also seem to relish playing against Real and more importantly "The Interpreter" a man whom they hate and are driven to defeat after his success over them with Inter.

Maybe its asking the impossible to defeat them .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

He is not as attractive a manager as he was before he took over at Real. To hire him now is a major risk and potentially disastrous for the image of the club. Real's status has shot downwards since he took over and this is primarily down to him. I think that certain traditional clubs wouldnt want someone like Mourinho as their head coach.

Let me guess your club couldn't afford him and would not interest him. :D

Football and football clubs have tolerated bigots, racists, rapists, killers, cheats, fraudsters all the way up to dictators so in the grand scheme of things Mourinho hasn't done much.

BTW what is a traditional club ?

What reasons ?

Sure according to some united are not even the biggest club in Manchester. :D

Sorry not trying to derail.

Mourinho could walk into any club, that is any club that wants to win.
    In Spain he has to compete with Barca for every trophy.
    And as pointed out his weakness is that he has a huge hang up about beating them, it is almost an obesssion I would say.
    That is not good because obessions tend to warps ones clarity of thought.

I think if out of Spain he would be better able to beat Barca in CL.

I think the only clubs in England he would go for are the Manchester ones.
    Hopefully it will be the blue one as I couldn't put up with another 20 fooking years of united fans braying.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Let me guess your club couldn't afford him and would not interest him. :D

Football and football clubs have tolerated bigots, racists, rapists, killers, cheats, fraudsters all the way up to dictators so in the grand scheme of things Mourinho hasn't done much.

BTW what is a traditional club ?

What reasons ?

Sure according to some united are not even the biggest club in Manchester. :D

Sorry not trying to derail.

Mourinho could walk into any club, that is any club that wants to win.
    In Spain he has to compete with Barca for every trophy.
    And as pointed out his weakness is that he has a huge hang up about beating them, it is almost an obesssion I would say.
    That is not good because obessions tend to warps ones clarity of thought.

I think if out of Spain he would be better able to beat Barca in CL.

I think the only clubs in England he would go for are the Manchester ones.
    Hopefully it will be the blue one as I couldn't put up with another 20 fooking years of united fans braying.

My club is Barcelona and they would never hire Mourinho as manager. They wouldn't lower their standards by having someone like Jose at the helm. More than a club - Barca have class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

My club is Barcelona and they would never hire Mourinho as manager. They wouldn't lower their standards by having someone like Jose at the helm. More than a club - Barca have class.

More than any other its this shiite that makes people hate barca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Barca have class.

Biggest lie in world football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

baz2009 wrote: »
    Biggest lie in world football.

No that would be the justification for the extortionate wages football players are paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Where is it? Or is that code for cheats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Barca play the game.

That's largely false. There was large jeering for the referee. The crowd was trying to pick up on what the Ultras were singing. As always the crowd try to join in on what the ultras were singing.

If they were I didn't hear any and 60% is absolutely sensationalism.

You would be the first I had heard or read that had been at the game that would say the booing and jeering wasn't aimed at the support of Mourinho by the Ultras.

Alfredo Di Stefano seems to disagree too in his Marca column..
    For the first time the fans launched their reproach against Mourinho. Deep down [it was] the memory of the fiasco against Barca and especially the rejection of a type of behaviour many consider degrading to Madrid.

"Jupp Heynckes was sacked after ending a 32-year European Cup drought. Vicente del Bosque wasn't kept on after winning two Champions Leagues titles and two leagues. The same thing happened with Fabio Capello, and the sacking of [Radomir] Antic came when the team were top of the league. The history of Madrid has been written that way dozens of times.

"Mourinho must get it right. Up until now he hasn't found the formula [against Barça] and he confessed that after the game at the Bernabéu. He paid the consequences for [being] excessively defensive. Perhaps at Camp Nou [Real] will rise to the greatness the history of Madrid demands."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Well I was partially right.
    Your club would not interest him.

Ah ffs it is this claptrap being spewed by Barca fans about how bloody great they are, how they are above normal sponsorship, how they are playing pure football is nauseating.

You would swear no team ever played good football before them.
    Where the fook do you think they got this brand of football, but from a dutch man who plied his trade with Ajax one of the originators of total football.

The only thing they can say in preference to Real is that they have not won titles thanks to a dictator and are not in business thanks to a King.

BTW players falling around like they have been shot after they have just been tapped sure doesn't show class.
    It shows a sneaky manipulative underhanded unmanliness.

Also the amount of times they care to comment on other clubs and their players doesn't show any class either.
    Barca play the game.

More people reckon they play the ref.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Jernal wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but I kind of feel sorry for Mourinho. He's brought Madrid along in leaps and bounds, but its his obsession with beating Barca that's getting the better of him. Tactically he's came up short on several occasions. That's no fault of his, what people often fail to appreciate is that Guardiola is a tactically astute coach also and he just happens to have one of the greatest teams of all time to steer. Mourinho has the better squad. Pep has the better team. I just wish, he'd let Madrid come out and play against Barca. Other teams this season have put up more than a fight against Barca this season, but Madrid just retreat into their shells. Let's face it, Barca this season are below par by their excellent standard.

The obsession with beating Barca is more that of Madrid's than Mourinho. He'll always be under pressure from fans and the club if they don't play attractive football and if they don't beat Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    More than any other its this shiite that makes people hate barca

Tbf, I know quite a few guys from Barcelona and none of them come out with that type of crap. They're genuine fans, and are proud of their team, but they don't act the Billy Big Bollocks about it.

And tbf again, Warper used to be an Everton fan. I'm not sure how seriously you can take his allegiance to Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

#15 wrote: »
    Tbf, I know quite a few guys from Barcelona and none of them come out with that type of crap. They're genuine fans, and are proud of their team, but they don't act the Billy Big Bollocks about it.

And tbf again, Warper used to be an Everton fan. I'm not sure how seriously you can take his allegiance to Barca.

This, I used to be a reasonably big fan of Barca in the Ronaldinho days and when I went over there they all seemed to be fairly sound about it. I actually don't have much against them and still absolutely love the players like Xavi and Iniesta who stay out of the crap mostly that the rest of the team pull. I hate the way commentators and new Barca fans go on like they are god's gift and don't properly analyse the cheating and paint Madrid as a group of thugs.

Yeah, and people painting Barca as a 'classy different club', when they regularly cheat on the pitch, or incidents like turning on the water sprinklers on the Inter players after they were outclassed in that semi final. Their actions when courting other teams players are hardly honourable either. I suppose it's not just the club and fans, but also the media who seem afraid to criticise them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Yeah, and people painting Barca as a 'classy different club', when they regularly cheat on the pitch, or incidents like turning on the water sprinklers on the Inter players after they were outclassed in that semi final. Their actions when courting other teams players are hardly honourable either. I suppose it's not just the club and fans, but also the media who seem afraid to criticise them

Criticism when it's due is fair enough, but for people who only watch the classico's and some of the champions league games to cast judgement and call them divers is unfair. They do not do it any more frequently than the rest of Europes best teams. These classico's are an exception.. and that's purely because of the Mou effect.

What game did you watch? Barca dominated possession, created more chances than Inter. If it were not for Inter parking the bus and the ref Barca would have progressed. Milito's goal in the first leg was offside, and Bojan had a legitmate goal disallowed in the final minute of the second leg which would have put them through.

Yeah, and people painting Barca as a 'classy different club', when they regularly cheat on the pitch, or incidents like turning on the water sprinklers on the Inter players after they were outclassed in that semi final.

When did this happen?

I often think people need to re-watch those two legs..

It was more of a sly reference to who the thread is about and the previous discussion about his obsession with beating Barca. Mourinho outclassed (or outsmarted/outcoached, whatever) Barca that day

Liam O wrote: »
    This, I used to be a reasonably big fan of Barca in the Ronaldinho days and when I went over there they all seemed to be fairly sound about it. I actually don't have much against them and still absolutely love the players like Xavi and Iniesta who stay out of the crap mostly that the rest of the team pull. I hate the way commentators and new Barca fans go on like they are god's gift and don't properly analyse the cheating and paint Madrid as a group of thugs.

They do that all for themselves.

And as for #15 comments about me being an Everton fan. Just to confirm I support Everton in England as i do Juve in Italy. Barca are my number 1 team, just to clear that up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ye can say what ye like about barca being classless or thugs or cheats... but any soccer pundit,or commentator ,or id imagine even most fans would agree , that this barca team of the last few years has played some of the best football consistently played by any team ever...

jaw dropping at times.

doubt we will see the likes again of one group of talented individuals of such a high standard in one team,and 3 superstars.. messi,inesta,and xavi.

i for one would watch them play every week (and usualy do).

long may it last...if not with barca,then another team to play such beautiful football and ill watch them every week..isnt it the football that matters.

lfc fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

It's amazing to see a team play some of the most breathtaking football seen in a lifetime, yet at the same time ruin the game so horribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

master-t wrote: »
    It's amazing to see a team play some of the most breathtaking football seen in a lifetime, yet at the same time ruin the game so horribly.

Ruin? Lol, last nights game was compelling. The game the week before wasn't bad either. The Super Copa games were thrilling etc...

The fouling and play acting is never nice to see but it doesn't override the fact that the clasicos nearly always deliver. You'll be glued to the next one, i'm sure.

Is it an allegiance to English football that drives so many over the top in their criticism?

By a long way the most entertaining and greatest spectacle in world football over the past three years.

Yeah there is cheating, thuggery and feminism at times but it's still class.

Nobody touches either of these sides at the moment. In twenty years you'll still be reminiscing on this era of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

By a long way the most entertaining and greatest spectacle in world football over the past three years.

Yeah there is cheating, thuggery and feminism at times but it's still class.

Nobody touches either of these sides at the moment. In twenty years you'll still be reminiscing on this era of football.

If you were a Barcelona fan you would be, and to an extent a football fan because Barcelona have been sensational at times. But not as an 'era of football', a lot of the other teams are weaker than other recent eras in my opinion. United, Arsenal, Milan, Juventus, Inter etc have all seen better teams in recent memory IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement