Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby backpack carriers?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone use one of these? Or can anyone recommend one?
    I want to buy one so myself and the wife can head out and bring the young one!
    I don't want a flimsy thing that'll be uncomfortable for me or the child (she's 8 months)
    I don't mind spending a couple of quid on it.
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

http://www.deuter.com/en_US/backpacks.php?category=125

Easy available around Ireland and online. One of my mates has one, not sure what he thinks of it but Deuter are a reputable brand. We all have one of their backpacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I don't have an opinion on these, but I did see a couple for sale in 53 Degrees North a couple of weeks ago. Might have been Deuter. Weren't cheap, €150+ if my memory serves.

I have one of these, a Deuter, and found it to be very good, and it's for sale, as my little one, isn't so little any more.
    Pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I use the Deuter ones on hikes with babies/Toddlers. They're very comfortable for both the child and adult but you do need to keep an eye on the luggage more than normal. I use the comfort III as it offers the child more protection from the elements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

looking at Comfort III,i can't find any info related on maximum child age or weight !?
    any help !??
    tia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

Was having a look Online think I'll go with the comfort 3 anyone around Limerick or tipperary sellIing them?
    I'd like an upclose look before I splash out!

Maximum for the comfort III is 25KG. Thats alot of weight to be lugging around.

Maximum for the comfort III is 25KG. Thats alot of weight to be lugging around.

Surely it'd be time to buy them a pair of meindls by the time they are 25kgs!!

Just read the instructions. It's about 18KG for the child and the rest is the extra stuff you lug around for them.

Just ordered a kid comfort III from England €200 including p+p couldn't get one in any of the shops local. I was quoted between €180 and €190 for the comfort 2 so happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭maddladd

Hi Guys what's the main difference between the comfort 1, 2 and 3 I'm looking for something to carry my daughter who's 10 months on short to medium hikes/walks maybe an hour to an hour and a half, she can sit up by herself so I assume there's some sort of seat in the carrier I probably think the comfort 3 might be overkill or will it carry her when she gets bigger as well.
    Thanks in advance

maddladd wrote: »
    Hi Guys what's the main difference between the comfort 1, 2 and 3 I'm looking for something to carry my daughter who's 10 months on short to medium hikes/walks maybe an hour to an hour and a half, she can sit up by herself so I assume there's some sort of seat in the carrier I probably think the comfort 3 might be overkill or will it carry her when she gets bigger as well.
    Thanks in advance

Hi afaik from what research I did the main difference between the kc2 and the kc3 is the kc3 has a built in sun shade canopay that can be folded away,
    It also has a pocket for a hydration bladder not sure if the kc2 has that.
    I went for the 3 and I would recommend it theyre a super job!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

@Finnt, Can you PM me the details of where you ordered this on-line?

thx,
    -Coley.

the KC II has a detactable sun canopy, I used it and found it to be an excellent piece of kit

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

I've since ordered a KC III and have been out for a few 2/3hr hikes. Very manageable - baby is 11mths ~9.5Kg. She was a bit dubious at first but likes it now and normally nods off on the homeward trek.

-Coley.

Advertisement