Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Attacked In City Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

this is exactly what i mean!!
    a youth in a gang, admits to being high on drugs and drunk, admits to attacking this teenager, has 23 previous offences, has a bad report from his probation officer and he gets a suspended sentence?? basically a harsh warning. joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

EyeSight wrote: »
    this is exactly what i mean!!
    a youth in a gang, admits to being high on drugs and drunk, admits to attacking this teenager, has 23 previous offences, has a bad report from his probation officer and he gets a suspended sentence?? basically a harsh warning. joke!

Great country Ireland is.The economy is screwed and we give the scummers free reign to do anything they like.:rolleyes:

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

I used to live in a house behind the old FÁS building and the amount of people hanging around the back of it at night was unbelievable. Our window was broken by a group of scangers and it took the guards on Angelsea Street 2 hours to get to our place. Another time two drunk guys were sitting outside talking about how they were going to break into our house. My housemate came in and told me and us being two girls in our early 20s locked ourselves into our room and called the guards. They said they'd be down in a few minutes...I didn't hear from them again at all. So glad to be out of that dive.

On topic again though, I'm surprised that happened on Douglas Street. Like everyone else, I've never had a problem there at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Crosswalk wrote: »
    I used to live in a house behind the old FÁS building and the amount of people hanging around the back of it at night was unbelievable. Our window was broken by a group of scangers and it took the guards on Angelsea Street 2 hours to get to our place. Another time two drunk guys were sitting outside talking about how they were going to break into our house. My housemate came in and told me and us being two girls in our early 20s locked ourselves into our room and called the guards. They said they'd be down in a few minutes...I didn't hear from them again at all. So glad to be out of that dive.

On topic again though, I'm surprised that happened on Douglas Street. Like everyone else, I've never had a problem there at night.

That place has gotten real ****ty looking in the last few years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, isn't it notorious for brothels down there?

• Advertisement
Advertisement