Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an Energy Efficient Package worth €250.00 thanks to ElectricIrelandStore.ie!

Options
  • 24-01-2012 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Seeing as it's widely considered the dreariest time of year, we are holding a competition with some treats – ranging from decorative, entertaining and practical – up for grabs from Electric Ireland Store!

We are offering great prizes below, some of which have proven the most popular items on offer from the Store in 2011. These products will help brush away the January gloom: some of them enable you to take further control of your energy spend, and some are just pretty cool, such as the LG Solar Bluetooth Car Kit, which allows you safely hold phone conversations while driving. With its built-in solar panel, it charges discreetly any time there is sunlight.

All our great prizes are sure to help you step into spring with a renewed focus on energy efficiency!

The prizes

LG Solar Bluetooth® Car Kit and Emergency Charger

HFB-510-2.jpg

X-Mini Max II Rechargeable Speakers

85710%20XMaxMiniSpeakerWine.jpg

Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights (3 pack)

imageocandles%203Tealights3.jpg

And also

Heatkeeper Radiator Panel

Chimney Balloon

SMJ Remote Control Sockets

To enter the competition, just post up any January/new year-related comment – for instance, what resolutions have you been sticking to? And what resolutions fell flat on their face?

Winners are chosen at random and this competition runs until the afternoon of next Tuesday, 31st January.

Further Terms & Conditions for our Boards.ie competitions here. :)

All the best!

Electric Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

The only New Years resolution I have stuck to is giving up New years resolutions! I found I was always taking them as a joke and giving up too easily. Now, if I'm going to quit something or take something up I start immediately, and make the time period no more than a month. If it sticks, I try adding another month to the end. Hasn't failed me so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

My resolution is to go out and take at least one photo I love every week, nice and easy! Sticking to it quite well so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

My resolutions are;

Not to pay the household charge
    Not to exercise anymore than i am
    Not to give up smoking
    Not to go on a diet

it will be tough,but i think i can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lyno9235

I made two new years resolutions this year and so far, thankfully, I am sticking to both. The first one is to do more exercise and enjoy a healthier diet and the second one is to save more money towards building my own house! Both will reap great rewards and my motivation is strong so far! Here's hoping it will endure!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

January's birthstone is the garnet which represents constancy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I don't make resolutions as I know I won't keep them anyway!

But here's hoping 2012 sees me healthy and happy.

A Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, and Prosperous New Year for 2012 To You All! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cyberspi

resolution was to spend less time on the computer and more with the kids... am double jobbing here, using the keyboard to teach the alphabet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Started counting down the days to xmas 2012.......wooooo \o/

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.

Mark Twain

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

To be more positive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭smallgarden

happy chinese new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 roonealdo

To win more competitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Made a list of about 10 resolutions. Generally just to lose weight, get fit, work on studies, etc.

So far so good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I'm just glad January is nearly over.

We should scrap January, nobody likes it. We could have another Summer month instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

My New Years resolution is to have at least one night devoted solely to my husband. Cook a nice dinner, have a nice bottle of wine and talk the night away.

Busy lives and too much internet (oops) and TV have taken over so we decided that one for this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I'm like the government when it comes to resolutions, I never stick by them so now I don't bother :p

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

thank god we are nearing the end of January, can't take much more of this month!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Just got married before Christmas and all my new years resolutions have gone because the 'in sickness' kicked in and I've been in hospital/off work all January :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mine was to pass all my college exams this year. Results from the last semester out next week...fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Im starting the 30 day shred programme. After 3 kids i think its about time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

So far, I've been pretty good at keeping my resolution of not eating my neighbours.

They look so tasty....

I bet their skin tastes of candy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

making resolutions is such a dreadful waste
    each year mine from the last i cut and paste
    i never manage to keep them try as i might
    the longest ive done it is less than a fortnignt

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hols

Mine is to exercise every day. Still going strong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Why have New years resolutions when you can have New high definition resolutions (telly-sets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

serbias celebrate christmas in january, funny and true

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

January is a month. It falls between December and February.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

My New Years Resolution is to try and win an Energy Efficient Package worth €250.00 from ElectricIrelandStore.ie

:P

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

My resolution this year was to become debt free. It's getting there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

My resolution was to reduce the amount of sugary garbage in my diet. Bit difficult to stick to when the closest shop has a cheap soft drink deal every second week :(

Blah, temptation!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

No resolution,just to get through another year in our wonderful country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement