Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win an Energy Efficient Package worth €250.00 thanks to ElectricIrelandStore.ie!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭gopod

I don't make New Year Resolutions - they are good in theory, but if they don't go as hoped, they only make one feel guilty.

Wishing you and all Boards.ie members the best of luck keeping any resolutions made!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I am doing some genealogy rescearch into my family. I have made a good start.
    My grandfather was a deserter from the Australian army apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

My new years resolution of going to the gym 3 times a week was a failure....pulled a muscle on my first visit and have used it as my excuse ever since :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Back to they Gym after a spell away.

Bought one of those LG Bluetooth car kits, lets hope i don't win it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

My new years resolution is to be more attentive to my girlfriend and help out around the house.

And I have a feeling I'm going to fail miserably :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Off the smokes. Still going strong (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

To be a better Dad to my kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lotto999

Gave up the drink for January, lasted 2 weeeks, haven't stopped since..!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Been cycling more and working out while playing xbox (doing 10 reps of something between deaths in Battlefield 3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

To find out what the inside of a gym looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 soldier boy

All i can say so far for the new year is i have done more hours in work than all last year already ha and getting up earlier in the morning has worked a treat.. feel like i have more energy its great..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DPMURPH1

i dont really do new years resolutions, but i have gone back running the roads, feeling the effects already. it actually feels like i am enjoying it,, weird eh. hope others have more success with what they have chosen to undertake..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Made a list but lost it.
    Memo to self: Add a NewYear resolution to stop losing things when you find the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I resolve to resolute that my resolution will be as a result of my reluctance to refuse unhealthy fatty foods and drink over Christmas, to reduce the residual waist line of my trousers by means of more excercise along with the ELF (eat less food) diet!

Says he eating crisps, a twix and a can or club orange!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I'm going to take part in a triathlon this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭baileye

My exercise resolution is going so-so, but my 'finish projects' resolution is making headway - I may even finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

My new years resolution was not to make any more new years resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I haven't made my New Year's resolution's yet, so I haven't broken any yet either. That's my secret. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Resolution to stop wasting as much time as i d on the internet and get more productive, finish a course im attending and hopefully get the training up to scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Give up smoking - nearly 3 weeks still going strong :)

Give up alcohol - got to 3 weeks and failed, restarted :(

• Advertisement

My main resolution was to eat healthier. To date I haven't been doing too badly, though today I did manage to polish off a danish, a peanut butter kitkat chunky, a chocolate muffin and two of those harvest moon bars things. But hey, it's about the marathon not the sprint right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Got the idea of going to the swimming pool at beginning of January, so far I have only made it to reception to get a timetable and have not actually gone for a swim yet! I will though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Seangineer

I had a few resolutions this year, alot of the typical, excercise more, eat healthier, get out and about more often, and to do some home improvements. Well I started eating properly, cut out fast foods etc, already had my gym membership, made use of my time off work, BUT when I did the home improvements thats when I ran into trouble.
    I re painted, got double glazing, checked the radiators were all ok, got a new LED TV, nicer and for energy efficient than the old one, but it was a bit too nice!
    HAHA I now end up getting way too relaxed and settled in the evening instead of going to the gym!

Moral of the story, if you want to exercise more, don't tempt yourself not to, with a new TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My new year resolution is to win some free stuff. Make it happen. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Onwards and upwards is my motto for 2012!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Entered!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭bren2001

Kept my resolution of celebrating Chinese New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

Resolution is to enter more competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I've used less energy in the apartment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement