Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new porterstown link road

Options
  • 24-01-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

any idea when they are scheduled to be complete. it looks nearly ready now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

March I believe. But it looks a long way off that to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'm a bit worried how much traffic it will bring into the area in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Its gonna be carnage alright. The new lights at the clonsilla tracks will mean people will be looking to avoid that road at all costs, stuck there for 25 mins today, not impressed. Those lolli pop ladies at the school will have their work cut out for them.

Maybe we'll be proved wrong. Theres always hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

the road over the canal will be a cul de sac so it will reduce traffic at the school. it will increasa traffic at the roundabout no doubt.

• Advertisement

It will bring more traffic on to diswellstown road. Which has two other (much larger) schools on it and into residential area's (Estates) Via diswellstown and also down through Laurel Lodge. Considering theres already considerable traffic and speeding problems there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

It's also going to cause major problems on Rugged Lane, leading down to the Strawberry Beds, as well. It's so narrow only one car can get up or down at any one time.

Imagine all the mammies in their big 4x4's getting stuck on it and having to attempt to reverse their tanks to let the other car by.

I think I might avoid it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

I'm hoping it'll make getting from Clonsilla to Lucan/Leixlip a bit quicker. You can get stuck for ages at Clonsilla station so normally cross at porterstown crossing.

Advertisement