Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow over 2 years on...

Options
  • 24-01-2012 3:54pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Earlier this month I passed 2 years as a vaper and thought I should recognise it by posting here. Perhaps it might encourage folks out there considering the switch. So 2 years on the only real change for me is I've softened up on the must buy every new gadget going and don't have any real contributions to make here anymore as I'm settled on DCCs with joye liquid pretty much for the last 6 months or so. Knowing me that will change when some amazing new tech. appears but for now I'm very happy.

Most of my time on this forum is spent dealing with shills and angry vendors feeling like they are losing business. It's all so much fun really :) So the upshot is I'm not posting as much on things e-cig related anymore but that doesn't mean I'm not still vaping away with the best of them so keep those good news stories coming. It's great to see more and more folks turning to the electronic sticks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

dealing with shills and angry vendors feeling like they are losing business.
    It's great to see more and more folks turning to the electronic sticks.
    Methinks the vendors should thank you.
    I'm 6 months today and this forum has been a great encouragement and help even if it did take 3 days to get through the original thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

mewso wrote: »
    Earlier this month I passed 2 years as a vaper and thought I should recognise it by posting here. Perhaps it might encourage folks out there considering the switch. So 2 years on the only real change for me is I've softened up on the must buy every new gadget going and don't have any real contributions to make here anymore as I'm settled on DCCs with joye liquid pretty much for the last 6 months or so. Knowing me that will change when some amazing new tech. appears but for now I'm very happy.

Most of my time on this forum is spent dealing with shills and angry vendors feeling like they are losing business. It's all so much fun really :) So the upshot is I'm not posting as much on things e-cig related anymore but that doesn't mean I'm not still vaping away with the best of them so keep those good news stories coming. It's great to see more and more folks turning to the electronic sticks.

Your original thread brought e cigs into my life, and I doubt I would be off the analogs if it were not for your thread.
    Thank you.
    I've settled with the tornado tank, but using the screwdriver body. Which is ideal for me, due to the battery life and flavour. RY4 is my staple, but trying different flavours every now and again. The silicon caps for the cartridges has eased the early leakage problems I suffered.

I've settled with the tornado tank, but using the screwdriver body. Which is ideal for me, due to the battery life and flavour.
    Hey I just got a ScrewDriver, I' love to hear why you like it so much please post on my SD thread.
    off to start SD thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Your thread started it all on boards mewso. Was great to see vaping get it's own forum. To many different aspects and questions to handle in one thread...

I'm coming up on a year vaping in feb, love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Well done Mewso, I am coming up on a year in Feb thanks to you and your thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I think I'm 18 months on them thanks to your thread. Or something like that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I will be 6 months completely smoke free on Feb 5th, and have had very few weak moments craving a cigarette because of my eCig (though plenty of frustrated moments with the technology!).

It's been at the back of my mind that I haven't really broken the habit, I've just swapped it for another one. But then I think, I'm not smoking and I'm down to 6mg liquid, and will reduce it further in my next batch, so I'm still benefiting from it. The only problem is that a night out might be like being just off the smokes if I don't have my eCig to hand. But I don't think I'd crack at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

even if you do have a pack of cigarettes on a night out, that isnt the problem. if you didnt have an ecig, and had that pack you'd just buy a pack the day after.. and the day after.. and so on so forth. at least with the ecig, you can have a few smokes if you want and then.. not want any the next day

Eoin wrote: »
    It's been at the back of my mind that I haven't really broken the habit, I've just swapped it for another one.

Well, it's swapping a habit that is known to kill most of its users for one that's comparatively harmless. What risks that do exist with e-cigs are nowhere near the same magnitude as those associated with cigarette smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That could end up being the case, but I'd really rather not get on that slippery slope again. Smoking while drinking has led to me going back on the smokes every time I've given up before. I find myself going to the pub so I can smoke and it all goes downhill from there!

nesf wrote: »
    Well, it's swapping a habit that is known to kill most of its users for one that's comparatively harmless. What risks that do exist with e-cigs are nowhere near the same magnitude as those associated with cigarette smoking.

That's a large part of my reasoning. But really the main concern is the mental habit, that I will be uneasy if I don't have my eCig with me on a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

well done, nothing like a bit of air to get the head going in the morning

Eoin wrote: »
    That's a large part of my reasoning. But really the main concern is the mental habit, that I will be uneasy if I don't have my eCig with me on a night out.

I've gotten to the point where I can do without one for a few hours. A year ago there was no way I could though.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Wow 2 years! I'm over 3 months now without a cig, having converted. Having said that, I am the only "vaper" I know, as the other vaper I knew went back on the fags. At the moment I feel like the guy in Little Britain, who's the only gay in the village...........

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Its my one year anniversary today, never though I would ever see the day.
    I still get the odd craving but its never that bad that I would take one.

The one downside I have now is that I realise how bad my house and I smelt when I was smoking. While the smell of someone smoking doesn't bother me the smell of stale smoke from a house or someone that smokes is pure vile.

A big thanks to Mewso and others, couldn't have done t without the help from here.

Theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭gbob

Coming up on 22 months now meself, thought I would have given up the vaping by now but every time I try I end up with the cravings again. Using an ego battery and the dual coil cartomiser without any drama, down to 16/18 mg juice. Just re-read the original vaping thread (well most of it), good to see a dedicated forum now. I'm still surprised at how easy it is to give up the smokes with this technology.. Happy vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 locater7

has anyone organised a "meeting"
    place for experienced vapors to exchange views and tricks with newbies like myself???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'd say that would be difficult enough...

Not a whole lot of members here just yet, and those who are here are scattered around the country.

Would be an interesting idea alrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Just had a look at my quit meter, not seen it in a good while.

Not smoked in 3 years, 1 week and 3 days.
    Amount saved: €9,398.90
    Cigarettes not smoked: 22115
    Life saved: 10 weeks, 6 days

Despite having spent a few hundred on devices and juice, I think I'm quids in :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

11 weeks?

hardly seems worth it

11 weeks?

hardly seems worth it

And them 11 weeks in a nursing home! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

tommy2bad wrote: »
    And them 11 weeks in a nursing home! :p

But at least you'll be able to vape there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

As Denis Leary said in his "No cure for cancer" vid
    "You can have those years! We don't want 'em"

Now from a monetary view, well that's a different story :p

Advertisement