Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding a single album to music pre-existing on an ipod nano?

• 24-01-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for me to add a single album to an ipod already containing music without having to select all the music from my library I want to be on the ipod afterwards?

It seems I cannot do this and instead I have to either sync my entire library, or select the album I want to add and then painstakingly all the music from my library already on the ipod if I want it to remain there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

Not sure if this is what you are looking for (is it an ipod which is already synced to your library or to another library?)

Configure iPhone, iPad, or iPod for manual management - If you have iTunes 7 or later*, follow these instructions:

1. Connect the device to your computer.
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. Select iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the Devices list.
    4. Click the Summary tab and select "Manually manage music and videos".
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Even when you have enabled manual management, you can still sync some content automatically. Select any content tab, such as Video, to enable automatic syncing for that type of content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Barty wrote: »
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for (is it an ipod which is already synced to your library or to another library?)

Configure iPhone, iPad, or iPod for manual management - If you have iTunes 7 or later*, follow these instructions:

1. Connect the device to your computer.
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. Select iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the Devices list.
    4. Click the Summary tab and select "Manually manage music and videos".
    4. Click Apply.
    5. Even when you have enabled manual management, you can still sync some content automatically. Select any content tab, such as Video, to enable automatic syncing for that type of content.

Right now it's my library but if possible I'd like to be able to sync it somewhere else it will often be.

After following your instructions to enable manual music management how do I add a single songs or selection of songs to the ipod? Please understand I'm trying to just tell itunes to add one album without removing any of the songs already on the ipod while at the same time not having to specify each time every single song I want on the ipod.

I know my question is complicated and I may not be explaining it properly.

I am finding that to add some music to music already on my ipod I need to select the new music I want to add, and then every single song already on the ipod so it keeps the old music it and does not remove it and just add the new music alone.

Enabling Manually manage music and videos, disabling sync, unticking everything, and then copying and pasting from library to iPod did what I wanted - thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Barty

Good to know you got sorted :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement