Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxercise classes

Options
  • 24-01-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Does anyone know of any boxing or boxercise class that take place at the weekends.I know of the kickboxing gym at Lacken Wood but I'm not really into the kickboxing side of it and I just want to improve my fitness also I heard it can be quite full on a saturday morning.Any help would be much apricated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

I know that they do them in Goldstone Gym but as far as I know you need to be a member

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

There are some in the parish hall in Ferrybank but it think its week nights. I can PM you the mobile of the organiser if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭lynnemc

one of the boxing coaches at St Paul's boxing club does boxercise classes every morning during the week, thursday nights and saturday afternoons ! only 5 euro a class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

some_dose wrote: »
    I know that they do them in Goldstone Gym but as far as I know you need to be a member
    yes your correct ya have to be a member, well worth joining though

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Didn't Pat Rocketts gym in kilcohan do those classes at on stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭ec18

waterford martial arts do them in park road and tramore all the times are on their website http://www.waterfordmartialarts.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105&Itemid=191

think the total fitness/cardio kick boxing class is pay as you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

From what I recall you need to be a certified boxercise instructor to give Boxercise classes. Make sure the person you go to has this qualification as some instructors have been told to stop offering the classes by the parent body as they were not authorised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I did it with Patt Rockett for a couple of years, it was great. Its on in his gym in Kilcohan on a Wednesday night.

Kingfisher do one on a Wednesday night too, and an Aerobox on a Monday that's pretty good. Really loved the one Pat and Gene Rockett did. I would recommend it for anyone. We had proper kickboxers in the class who used it for extra fitness training and then people like me who didn't want to compete, just did it for fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

when did they get hitched???

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭furry

Resurrecting!

Anyone know of a pay as you go boxercise class any evening at all? Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I would recommend going to an actual kickboxing or martial arts class if you can.

Any decent gym offers classes for complete beginners. You will also learn correct techniques and skill. Boxercise is a bit of a fad and from what I have seen often taught by instructors who do a course for a couple weeks and don't have the foggiest how to throw punches or hold pads.

Team Ryano in Waterford Unit 19b Six Cross Roads, Business Park is a great gym. You also have Waterford Muay Thai. You will get a great workout, and it is really not intimidating at all once you go down and check them out.

Advertisement