Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom landline / Broadband to Vodafone

Options
  • 24-01-2012 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi There,
    My 12 month contract for broadband and telephone is up with yourselves on the 8th of feb. I want to change to vodafone as they offer better download speeds & usage for the same price. My questions are as follows

1. Do I have to wait until after the 8th of feb to give you the 30 day notice of cancellation of my account (so that I don't get charged any penalties?)

2. Do I have to phone and write a letter of confirmation to yourselves with these details?

Thanks a mill and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

brianeoc wrote: »
    Hi There,
    My 12 month contract for broadband and telephone is up with yourselves on the 8th of feb. I want to change to vodafone as they offer better download speeds & usage for the same price. My questions are as follows

1. Do I have to wait until after the 8th of feb to give you the 30 day notice of cancellation of my account (so that I don't get charged any penalties?)

2. Do I have to phone and write a letter of confirmation to yourselves with these details?

Thanks a mill and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
    Brian

Thanks for your post Brian,

To answer your question: Just phone up the Service Team right away and they will be able to process this for you.

Eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. If you contact our service team on 1800 242 633 they will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department. Eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days prior.

By calling the service team right away, you will fulfill your contract obligations, in order not to receive any cancellation charge. You will also be advised on your current billing status and final bill arrangement. Please see T & C's which you agreed to when you signed up for eircom broadband.

Let me know if you need further help.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Ant.

This is the rely I got back from vodafone in relation to this move.

"
    We will request your number to move to us and Eircom will receive a loss notification. They will then give the green light for the line to be moved across (i.e No bad debt, or outstanding issues ect.)
    They will then lose your voice service and we will gain it, and then they will give up the broadband and we will take it on.
    I am not 100% sure at which point in this process they will decide that the contract is terminated and charge termination fees.

So you shouldn't need to contact Eircom to close off any basic service as once we take them over Eircom should stop charging you.
    "

Vodafone say that once I contact them to switch that everything will be processed by vodafone. My questions in relation to this are as follows

1. Do Eircom accept cancellation/loss notifications from Vodafone?
    2. Do I still need to contact Eircom to cancel the account even if Vodafone have contacted you about the changeover?
    3. If my bills are all paid and up-to-date will I avoid termination fees if I choose to let vodafone handle the switch?

Thanks again for your time.
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

brianeoc wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Ant.

This is the rely I got back from vodafone in relation to this move.

"
    We will request your number to move to us and Eircom will receive a loss notification. They will then give the green light for the line to be moved across (i.e No bad debt, or outstanding issues ect.)
    They will then lose your voice service and we will gain it, and then they will give up the broadband and we will take it on.
    I am not 100% sure at which point in this process they will decide that the contract is terminated and charge termination fees.

So you shouldn't need to contact Eircom to close off any basic service as once we take them over Eircom should stop charging you.
    "

Vodafone say that once I contact them to switch that everything will be processed by vodafone. My questions in relation to this are as follows

1. Do Eircom accept cancellation/loss notifications from Vodafone?
    2. Do I still need to contact Eircom to cancel the account even if Vodafone have contacted you about the changeover?
    3. If my bills are all paid and up-to-date will I avoid termination fees if I choose to let vodafone handle the switch?

Thanks again for your time.
    Brian

Cheers Brian,

I can only advise on behalf of eircom. At this point in your contract (ends on February 8th 2012) there will be none or a very minimal administration charge on your final eircom bill.

There is normally no need to contact the incumbent provider, when you are moving to a different provider. eircom comply with this under the regulator. So if a third party provider contacts eircom to take a phone number or broadband then eircom will release this accordingly.

If you need to check your current bill or account status with eircom, just call Customer Care on freefone 1800 503303 or 1901.

If you where returning to eircom from a different provider, there would be no need for you to contact any one but eircom on : freefone 1800 566366

I don't know the way other companies work, so you may need to clarify this with any new telephone provider.

Need any help with your current eircom Service or related matter, just let me know.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

Thanks a mill for the info Ant. Very much appreciated.

Advertisement