Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba Smartphone - Accredited Service Repair?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

I have a Toshiba TG01 - that need some surgery done to it (a new micro-usb port required).

Anyone know of a list of accredited Toshiba smartphone repair centres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,221 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Broken micro USB port is usually terminal and can't be repaired by any authorised repair center. They won't repair it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Broken micro USB port is usually terminal and can't be repaired by any authorised repair center. They won't repair it for you.
    :eek:

Sheesh....wasn't expecting that! So I have a couple of hundred euro's worth of scrap on my hands then?
    Can a new one not be soldered on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Well, I did finally find toshiba support - only available in the UK. They took the IMEI number of the phone - then she told me I would have to post the phone in to their UK service centre. She didn't mention anything about warranty repair issues until the email I received after the call. Apparently 27 months from the date of manufacture - and it looks like I'm outside of that timeframe.

Advertisement