Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Line fault

Options
  • 24-01-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I install a HKC 1070 with a DTV and a GMS and I'm getting a line fault. when i first power up the system everything was clear. But i had to power down the system and when I powered it up again a line fault came up.

I'm getting 58 volts. I connected the incoming phone line into the gsm and from the gsm to the dtv to the house phone.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Baz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bazirl wrote: »
    Hi I install a HKC 1070 with a DTV and a GMS and I'm getting a line fault. when i first power up the system everything was clear. But i had to power down the system and when I powered it up again a line fault came up.

I'm getting 58 volts. I connected the incoming phone line into the gsm and from the gsm to the dtv to the house phone.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Baz

When you have the line fault can you check the voltage on the A/B of the DTV. Is this for a monitored alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bazirl

Hi altor,

No its not for a monitored alarm. I'll check the voltage on a/b and get back to you. What should it be if there is a line fault. I was getting 58 volts. Should I power down again and default the Dtv and start again.

Thanks for the reply.

Baz

Hi altor,

No its not for a monitored alarm. I'll check the voltage on a/b and get back to you. What should it be if there is a line fault. I was getting 58 volts. Should I power down again and default the Dtv and start again.

Thanks for the reply.

Baz

Hi Baz,

You do know this is a set up for a monitored alarm to a monitoring station. When you fit a text dialer and GSM the dialer text is disabled.
    Who is the service provider of the phone line ?

Hi Altor,

I was hoping to set up the alarm to send voice and a text. The gsm was only as a back up. I was hoping to get a voice message to call ( with the DTV) and a text to be sent ( with the GSM ). The phone line provider is Eircom.

Hi Altor,

I was hoping to set up the alarm to send voice and a text. The gsm was only as a back up. I was hoping to get a voice message to call ( with the DTV) and a text to be sent ( with the GSM ). The phone line provider is Eircom.

It wont work like that I am afraid. I would just fit the dialer but if the customer wants to control the system, the GSM would be fitted only. Texting or voice with Eircom will work with the DTV.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement