Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye drink with yer whiskey?

Options
  • 24-01-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭

Any good sweet tasting whiskey cocktail recipes? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Manhattan's are nice and easy.

50 ml of whiskey. Rye traditionally but you can use any you like, bourbon gives a nice vanilla taste to it.
    25ml of sweet vermouth, again, use whatever type you like.
    3 dashes of bitters.
    Stir it with a load of ice for about 30 seconds.
    Serve neat(with a cherry if you have one).
    The sweetness can be altered by adding a touch more or less vermouth or by changing the whiskey you use.

Lynchburg Lemonade:

50ml whiskey(Jack Daniels traditionally but I prefer Jameson)
    30ml cointreau/triple sec
    good squeeze of lime juice
    top up ice and lemonade

If there's a proper cocktail bar nearby you should go there and try a few different ones or even ask the bartender if he/she can make something based on what you like. I work in a cocktail bar in Maynooth and whilst I don't have loads of cocktails in my repertoire myself my boss(a world champion cocktail maker) can make a cocktail out of whatever liqueurs/spirits you tell him you like. Once you know what you like it's easy to recreate them at home (for a fraction of the price).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

My favourite is a glug of whiskey and 3 ice cubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Thanks Irish! Sounds like your'e an expert when it comes to drinks. Might be taking a trip to Maynooth someday. :) Think i'll go for The Manhattan. Had a bottle of JD up until a week ago, i would have tried The Lynchburg if i still had it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Hah, cheers.

You can try the Lynchburg with any whiskey really, doesn't need to be JD.

I'd recommend trying the Manhattan in a bar first as if you splash out for a bottle of vermouth and don't like it you'll probably never use the bottle up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Cool beans, i'll try it next time i'm out. Thanks for the info. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement