Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking photographs

Options
  • 24-01-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, just a quick question. Does anyone know of anywhere nice to take a few photographs. Just bought a new camera and dying to try it out this weekend. Is there any particularly nice spots to take a few snaps.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi, just a quick question. Does anyone know of anywhere nice to take a few photographs. Just bought a new camera and dying to try it out this weekend. Is there any particularly nice spots to take a few snaps.

Thanks for your help :)
    The gearagh, outside macroom?
    There was a dam built in inniscarragh years ago so this area flooded over, so there are tree stumps sticking up out of the water. You'll get pretty cool ones there.
    http://www.tripadvisor.ie/MobileViewPhoto-g211874-d216057-i35812587-The_Gearagh-Macroom_County_Cork.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Depends on where in Co. Cork you are - but there is no shortage :)

Mallow castle is really nice, I hadn't been up there in years and visited recently. Gouganebarra is lovely, beautiful walks there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Cobh is my personal favourite. Ships goin in, ships goin out... sun lights the town all day as it is mostly south facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

haha Silly I was just about the say the gearagh too.. really pretty spot some fab photos to be taken there...If you had a ultra funky camera I dont know if it is still happening but there is a small field lest say i think it is when you come to the part where are the trees are arching over take the frist right. The field if you look closely at the grass there are millions of those little hopping spiders flying about the place, I have never seen anything like it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Cobh is my personal favourite. Ships goin in, ships goin out... sun lights the town all day as it is mostly south facing.

mine too, but watch out that you don't go at noon. which is generally good advice anyway I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

I've got best(photographic) results in cobh early in the morning or late in the evening.

Advertisement