Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Questions about Sligo.......

Options
  • 24-01-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

(1)So I'm driving down Teeling Street and going to turn onto Castle Street OR I'm coming from Bridge Street/Thomas Street and turning onto Castle Street.

Who has the right of way? I have been visiting Sligo quite regularly for over a year and still haven't figured it out.

(2) Is the Pay & Display Car Park across from the Multi Storey on Connaughton Road/Hill actually a car park or a Halting Site?

As a visitor its not a nice sight in the centre of town. Just sayin' :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Beer Baron wrote: »
    (1)So I'm driving down Teeling Street and going to turn onto Castle Street OR I'm coming from Bridge Street/Thomas Street and turning onto Castle Street.

Who has the right of way? I have been visiting Sligo quite regularly for over a year and still haven't figured it out.
    The cars coming up Bridge Street turning right onto Castle Street have right of way there I think..
    Beer Baron wrote: »
    (2) Is the Pay & Display Car Park across from the Multi Storey on Connaughton Road/Hill actually a car park or a Halting Site?
    It is a car park AFAIK.. just not as used as some of the others!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Traffic turning left has right of way.

Its a car park. Dont park there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Traffic turning left has right of way.

Its a car park. Dont park there.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

(1) I thought traffic coming down the hill turning left in to castle street had right of way. Isn't there a stop or giveway line when coming the oposite way.

(2) No idea, never parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Shur every second car usually works

and it's a long term car park, really long term, around 20 years I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Pete M. wrote: »
    Shur every second car usually works

and it's a long term car park, really long term, around 20 years I think...

It has always been a case of every second car as long as I remember.

I would get banned if I gave my true thoughts on that car park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

irish-stew wrote: »
    (1) I thought traffic coming down the hill turning left in to castle street had right of way. Isn't there a stop or giveway line when coming the oposite way.

It does.
    Traffic turning left has right of way, traffic turning right has to cross traffic turning lefts path. John Ryan thought me that.

As slidey says tho, its always every second car, usually!

Advertisement